Powell

Wow, 34 pages. Anyone remember how many the post about his committment to us got. MAybe is all of us paid more attention to Powell who was coming here than we did to the 2 guys who were never coming here, the kid might have ahd more reason to stay. I hate to see him go. I like this kid, but if he is a gator, well he is a gator. Slime, scales, foul mouth ugly, classless swamp scum. He is going to have to go downhill fast cause I understand that he WAS a really great kid. Too bad.

This kid definitely got butthurt when the Cook thing went into full swing. If you remember, he suddenly got really interested in Tenn and took a visit up there and was all suddenly considering them. Not sure what is going on or why the staff may have been pushing his start date back. I suppose it could be something as simple as just some administrative hang up at the school, BUT, it could also be a numbers issue. Remember we had a F*CK load of commits. For a while we have been trying to figure out how they were going to make the numbers work. MOREOVER, this was assuming a kid like Trayone Gray was not going to qualify. Its possible that maybe Gray might make it in after all, or something else regarding the numbers happened and we couldnt fit Powell in as an EE? I dont know, and Im just spouting off random thoughts, but seems odd the staff would have been pushing back his EE date. Could be something as simple as B.S. admin stuff at the school, or it could have been for a reason.

The absolute worst.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Can't close. Cry about not having elite talent then let them flip. I just don't get it, frankly I won't get it.

Move on boys, he's gone. All the crying and complaining ain't bringing ol' boy back. It's obvious things are f'ed up right now. Move forward, stop having your life ruined by UM football.

Some of ya'll must be on suicide watch.

Guys where is that post from the FSU guy saying that Al told Powell not to enroll? I can't find it.
I believe you are talking about me, for the record I am a life long cane fan, been to 4 of our 5 championship games. worked at the ob in high school, was at the penn state game when Kelly beat them. so enough of the fsu guy.

its on page 2, my step son plays for the rage here in Orlando with powells cousin.

7.jpg:large

Advertisement
Yeah, I need to be Baker Acted.

RW on CT just posted that Powell got 15K to flip to UF.

A cat on CS claims he works at UF and talked to Powell after check in today, and said he talked to Powell about what happened and said there was some issue about his transcript, some kind of hang up.

There are more stories out there than you can **** on.

All I did was posit some possibilities, but the central theme seems to be that something unusual happened here.

Yeah, I need to be Baker Acted.

RW on CT just posted that Powell got 15K to flip to UF.

A cat on CS claims he works at UF and talked to Powell after check in today, and said he talked to Powell about what happened and said there was some issue about his transcript, some kind of hang up.

There are more stories out there than you can **** on.

All I did was posit some possibilities, but the central theme seems to be that something unusual happened here.

I believe RW....he seems to know more than most. I don't think he would jeopardize his reputation for a bs rumor. I don't think the transcripts helped....if they were on time he might have been in before UF came offering.....looks like they panicked about their class and started making $ome move$.....can't blame them if they can do with without reprocussions.

Advertisement
How the Fck can a kid with a 4.0 gpa be worried about a hang up with his transcript. Bull****!

I dont think that was what he was thinking. I think IF there was a hang up, it made him either panic that he might not make it in on time, or maybe he thought he was being jerked around, and bailed. Another possibility is that the transcript thing was a smokescreen and he just straight up got paid.

PSU made a good point, and its something that I also thought of earlier. UF is in full panic mode. Muschamp is already on the hot seat, and with their class imploding, I would not be surprised if they just decided to say f*ck it and do whatever it takes to get guys in, including throwing $$$ around.

How the Fck can a kid with a 4.0 gpa be worried about a hang up with his transcript. Bull****!

I dont think that was what he was thinking. I think IF there was a hang up, it made him either panic that he might not make it in on time, or maybe he thought he was being jerked around, and bailed. Another possibility is that the transcript thing was a smokescreen and he just straight up got paid.

PSU made a good point, and its something that I also thought of earlier. UF is in full panic mode. Muschamp is already on the hot seat, and with their class imploding, I would not be surprised if they just decided to say f*ck it and do whatever it takes to get guys in, including throwing $$$ around.

there was smoke that this exact thing happened with the Dominique Easley class

FWIW, the "insiders" on CS are saying that the word around Broward is that Powell was getting slow played or there was a hang up of some kind. Sure sounds like something odd happened here.

Advertisement
Back