Powell

If he left miami for florida in the final hour then chances are he never wanted to be here...... It's good that this played out the way it did. Can't have people on the team with one foot in and one foot out.

Advertisement
Nycane from what I know he did play both sides of the ball before his senior year. Many players here do that until they are upperclassmen.

Bobbydigius I can't disagree with that point. Al recruits well early but has faltered down the stretch the last 2 years. And I think this is all on him this year, not only for flirting with Penn St but also with failing to recognize that his best friend "Dorito" is a subpar DC to say the least.

i think golden started to play passively because he didnt trust the seniors. quite frankly, its his fault for thinking he had to be loyal to them.

He faltered down the stretch how? only with skai moore and thats because he self-imposed and put all his eggs in the thomas and grace. they found figs who no one found. we didnt get thomas or moore but figs and grace will be good.

If he left miami for florida in the final hour then chances are he never wanted to be here...... It's good that this played out the way it did. Can't have people on the team with one foot in and one foot out.

he would have pulled a storm johnson in a year or two probably. leave and say it was depth chart.

Bobbydigius I can't disagree with that point. Al recruits well early but has faltered down the stretch the last 2 years. And I think this is all on him this year, not only for flirting with Penn St but also with failing to recognize that his best friend "Dorito" is a subpar DC to say the least.

i think golden started to play passively because he didnt trust the seniors. quite frankly, its his fault for thinking he had to be loyal to them.

He faltered down the stretch how? only with skai moore and thats because he self-imposed and put all his eggs in the thomas and grace. they found figs who no one found. we didnt get thomas or moore but figs and grace will be good.

Does Keef, Bostwick, and Collins not ring a bell? I could include Kirkland there also, but in all honesty that one is unfair. So yeah, it was more than just Thomas and Moore......

Advertisement
stacy coley and gus edwards dont count? they were both considered t o be going fsu.

yeah before tracy howard and flipped dequan ivery.

year before that we got eddie johnson and jalen grimble who turned out ot be a bust.

Powell saw Cook leaving U*** and immediate playing time for himself.

Matt Jones, Kelvin Taylor & Mack Brown (plus Adam Lane RS this year.. good RB) seriously doubt that.

Yup, but dont bring facts up in here.........
UF has talent at RB, **** they have some talent at WR, their main problem on offense has been adequate QB and OL play. UF's depth chart at RB is way better than ours, we have Duke and that's it.

No way. Powell got scared off by Dallas Crawford. Or did he get paid? Which one was it? Or was he a scared guy who got paid?

The senior running back committed toMiami before his last season and when he started the week, he expected to be a Hurricane.
“It’s been crazy,” Powell said.
“I planned on going to school Wednesday. I woke up Wednesday morning planning to go to Miami, but they pushed the day back to Friday. Wednesday, that’s whenFlorida offered.”
It was a matter of moments that made the difference.
“It was like right after I got off the phone (with Miami), (Will Muschamp) called, and that was it. He called my head coach and then I talked to him, he told me to come to the school,” Powell said.

from scout

WELP

Advertisement
The senior running back committed toMiami before his last season and when he started the week, he expected to be a Hurricane.
“I planned on going to school Wednesday. I woke up Wednesday morning planning to go to Miami, but they pushed the day back to Friday. Wednesday, that’s whenFlorida offered.”
“It was like right after I got off the phone (with Miami), (Will Muschamp) called, and that was it. He called my head coach and then I talked to him, he told me to come to the school,” Powell said.

from scout

WELP

I'm not backing Golden at all here but seems like a lot of funny business going on.

UF doesn't offer (did he even visit there?), they call, offer, and he says yes immediately.

Advertisement

from scout

WELP

I'm not backing Golden at all here but seems like a lot of funny business going on.

UF doesn't offer (did he even visit there?), they call, offer, and he says yes immediately.

Funny business how? Golden running around giving Dorito nuggies in the corch's office?

He had been in communication with UF since Golden went missing to interview with PSU. They capitalized on the opportunity created by Golden.

i told you uf neg recruits. i know a recruit i have said 100 times on here they neg recruited with last year. muschamp is a lowlife. thats why i respect fsu. they didnt neg recruit the ncaa thing

Advertisement

from scout

WELP

Funny business how? Golden running around giving Dorito nuggies in the corch's office?

He had been in communication with UF since Golden went missing to interview with PSU. They capitalized on the opportunity created by Golden.

It just seems odd.

As one of our resident writer would say, "recruiting is about relationships." We have been recruiting him for a long time, UF hadn't. You don't see a flip that fast that often.

I'm also curious why he was told to come in on Friday and not Wednesday? He doesn't say who or why they told him to come in on Friday.

I've bashed Golden plenty, I would also like to think I can have an unbiased discussion about things still.

When does "dead period" begin/end?

One phone call and you throw all the U shirts/hats out the window and drive to Gainesville the next day?

No way.

More to the story. Mad at Golden? I think Pete's story a little while ago with local kids note nam order with the U has legs....

One phone call and you throw all the U shirts/hats out the window and drive to Gainesville the next day?

No way.

More to the story. Mad at Golden? I think Pete's story a little while ago with local kids note nam order with the U has legs....

No. He had been talking to UF since Golden went missing to interview with PSU.

No way.

No. He had been talking to UF since Golden went missing to interview with PSU.

Very rare to recruit someone for a little over a week and get him. Did he ever visit UF?

And yes Golden and the admin handled the PSU situation about as bad as possible.

Advertisement
Back