Potential OCs under Butch Davis

Advertisement
I was a big fan of Lincoln Riley last year at ECU when I thought we'd be getting rid of Golden. Unfortunately for us we kept Golden a year too long and Stoops snatched him up at Oklahoma. I don't have a name, but hopefully we get a young up and comer like Riley with an explosive, wide open offense.

I don't see that happening if it is Butch. Maybe he will adapt like Patterson but imagine it will be a guy like Coker or Shoop.

What about Sonnie Cumbie or Doug Maechem from TCU? They are currently splitting the job and maybe one of them wants their own gig?

What about Sonnie Cumbie or Doug Maechem from TCU? They are currently splitting the job and maybe one of them wants their own gig?

They fit in the pipe dream category.

I see Butch sticking with a pro-style guy but maybe he surprises us and changes it up.

I see Butch sticking with a pro-style guy but maybe he surprises us and changes it up.

I agree but that would be a fun offense with a Butch Davis defense. What about an ex-NFL guy? Would like to see our OC come from the league.

Advertisement

I agree but that would be a fun offense with a Butch Davis defense. What about an ex-NFL guy? Would like to see our OC come from the league.

If Butch is the guy the rumored guy to be his OC is Dorsey. It's been discussed before but the natural next step in his professional career is college OC.

assuming its speculation but will join the party.

- Dorsey (QB Coach Carolina Panthers)
- Novell (OC Arizona State)
- Hamilton (unemployed former Stanford and Indianapolis Colts OC)

I have no opinion on him but Hamilton has a relationship with Kaaya already from when he was at Stanford.

Advertisement
I think we should do what bama does or maybe osu a power spread, i like bamas offense. Get u sleepy n gired then boom ridley over the top, run run run keep the other teams o of the field. Let the other team know if they go thre and out they in trouble, it adds pressure to the opposing teams and that means mistakes

Bamas offense is underwhelming to say the least.

They win tho

Advertisement
I think we should do what bama does or maybe osu a power spread, i like bamas offense. Get u sleepy n gired then boom ridley over the top, run run run keep the other teams o of the field. Let the other team know if they go thre and out they in trouble, it adds pressure to the opposing teams and that means mistakes

Bamas offense is underwhelming to say the least.

They win tho

They do, they have also had the top recruiting class 5 straight years.

Pure homerism on my part but I'd be all in on Dorsey. He just strikes me as a guy that could put together a great gameplan and call a good game.

Even though there is no evidence of any of this. Also, if he never went to Miami no one would bring him up.

Regardless of who we hire, there must be a QB coach and Offensive Coordinator on staff.

With 11 coaching spots available, its coaching malpractice to have someone split those duties.

If the budget is 6 mil for assistants, at least 1 mil should go to OC.

I would throw 1 mil at Meachem. He currently makes 300k.

Candidates:

Scott Frost
Matt Lubick
Sonny Cumbie
Doug Meachem
Curtis Johnson
Eddie Gran
Ken Dorsey
Pep Hamilton
Mike Norvell
Josh Heupel

Advertisement
Kendall Briles from Baylor, Art Briles son. His first year as OC and he's done a great job. Google Baylor's WR splits and imagine that with the type of talent we have.

Reminder that two of the 11 position coaches are GA's. Bulk of your budget will go to your coordinators. The best are making $1M/year.

Personally, I like Eddie Gran for OC. Can run both pro and spread. Plus, he's a major recruiter. DC, I'm going to throw a suurprise, and that's Mike Barrow. I think the man is ready and knows exactly what Miami Defense is all about!

Regardless of who we hire, there must be a QB coach and Offensive Coordinator on staff.

With 11 coaching spots available, its coaching malpractice to have someone split those duties.

If the budget is 6 mil for assistants, at least 1 mil should go to OC.

I would throw 1 mil at Meachem. He currently makes 300k.

Candidates:

Scott Frost
Matt Lubick
Sonny Cumbie
Doug Meachem
Curtis Johnson
Eddie Gran
Ken Dorsey
Pep Hamilton
Mike Norvell
Josh Heupel

Butch wants to put together a young staff.. So I think gran or Dorsey.. Maybe coley stays as co-OC/QB coach and recruiting coordinator

Advertisement
Back