Potential depth chart changes moving forward

True, but to be fair, people mean different things when they say “talent.”

To me, talent and athleticism aren’t exactly the same thing. INSTINCT is part of being talented. Especially at linebacker, having good instincts is so important.

You might not agree, but I think instinct is something you can’t really coach. You either have it or you don’t, to an extent.

So I think we need to recruit to that. That’s why our staff has to know the kids in South Florida better than any other college team, because stuff like that will never show up in a kid’s Rivals star rating, but it’s so important.
Yeah I don't disagree with that.

Advertisement
I've seen enough out of Baker to know that he isn't the guy for the job. The problem is that he is Diaz' guy and even if he was fired, Diaz would probably promote Banda who would just run the same ****ty scheme. We will be stuck with this crap defensive scheme as long as Diaz is HC.
correct. baker is diaz´s guy because diaz can control him patke and banda. that´s not a good situation for a team or an organization.

I’m sure you guys needed no help whatsoever in knowing just how truly bad the WR’s are but here you are anyway. It’s not kings accuracy

Attachments

• 3B0E503A-74FD-4BBA-BF67-454709AD452B.png
    3B0E503A-74FD-4BBA-BF67-454709AD452B.png
    619.6 KB · Views: 155
Advertisement
Let me be clear, I place full blame on the coaching staff for what happened in Clemson.

If I was in charge, here's the 2-deep for Pitt.

QB King/TVD
RB Harris/Chaney
WR Knighton/Restrepo
WR Smith/Payton
WR Redding/Worsham
TE Jordan/Mallory
LT Campbell/Rivers
LG Nelson/Traore
OC Gaynor/Clark
RG Scaife/Reed
RT Williams/Washington

Notable omissions: Perry, Burns, Harley, Pope, Wiggins

DE Roche/Harvey
DT Hunte/Blissett
DT Miller/Silvera
DE Phillips/Williams
LB Brooks/Cave
LB Flagg/Huff
ST Frierson/Smith
CB Blades/Dunson
CB Couch/Clarke
SS Hall/Balom
FS Bolden/Harrell

Notable omissions: Ford, McCloud, Jennings, Steed, Carter, Ivey

9 new starters...all freshmen or sophomores.
Miller over Nesta? Lol I don’t think I’ve seen Miller make 1 impactful play in 4 games .

I’m sure you guys needed no help whatsoever in knowing just how truly bad the WR’s are but here you are anyway. It’s not kings accuracy

Wiggins had a ball bounce off his chest on a post route and then acted hurt. Was it a bit under thrown, sure but he has to catch that.

Wiggins, Pope and Harley make zero adjustment to the ball when it’s in flight.

I mean it’s absolutely terrible. Not one single attempt to come back and catch a contested ball. It’s comical how bad they are. King has zero help on the outside.

Wiggins had a ball bounce off his chest on a post route and then acted hurt. Was it a bit under thrown, sure but he has to catch that.

I mean it’s absolutely terrible. Not one single attempt to come back and catch a contested ball. It’s comical how bad they are. King has zero help on the outside.
He only has 3 options thus far in the passing game. Cam, brevin,or juke right, spin left, electric slide and pick up 50 yards

Advertisement
He only has 3 options thus far in the passing game. Cam, brevin,or juke right, spin left, electric slide and pick up 50 yards

the QB will never throw a perfect pass downfield. our WRs have to make those catches if theyre catchable. ours dont even attempt to make a play

correct. baker is diaz´s guy because diaz can control him patke and banda. that´s not a good situation for a team or an organization.
So let me get this straight. Diaz only has guys he can control on his staff? Are you sayintg Saban has guys he can not control? Name one head coach in college football that does not have control over his assistances? Many on this site keep on saying Baker is only here so Diaz can control him and will only run the D the way Daiz wants him to. Yes, that is correct. That is how the world works. When your the boss you decide who stays. And people run what the boss wants them to run. You do not want a program when assistances are going rogue.

If you did not want Diaz as the coach in the first place that is understandable. But to start making up excuses like he wants control over his assistance then there in not one coach you would want in the HC spot because they all want control. No coach gets to be a HC and not want to control the environment around them. Just stop.

So let me get this straight. Diaz only has guys he can control on his staff? Are you sayintg Saban has guys he can not control? Name one head coach in college football that does not have control over his assistances? Many on this site keep on saying Baker is only here so Diaz can control him and will only run the D the way Daiz wants him to. Yes, that is correct. That is how the world works. When your the boss you decide who stays. And people run what the boss wants them to run. You do not want a program when assistances are going rogue.

If you did not want Diaz as the coach in the first place that is understandable. But to start making up excuses like he wants control over his assistance then there in not one coach you would want in the HC spot because they all want control. No coach gets to be a HC and not want to control the environment around them. Just stop.
Every Head Coach has control of all their staff members. Hiring friends and protecting them are entirely different.

I literally looked at my son and said, "the ball must have knocked the wind out of hm because that's the only way that he could be hurt on that play."

Advertisement
Clemson is a bad matchup for Clark. He is physically a center and will struggle with high-level interior linemen at guard.

He does well against lesser competition because he is smart and a good pound-for-pound blocker.
If we are trying to be UM caliber sounds like he cant play for us then.. We wont be playing famu/fiu type teams weekly.. we need players who rise to top level talent, not dribble **** down their leg and false start before the game even starts.. guy had like 3 false starts.. wtf

If we are trying to be UM caliber sounds like he cant play for us then.. We wont be playing famu/fiu type teams weekly.. we need players who rise to top level talent, not dribble **** down their leg and false start before the game even starts.. guy had like 3 false starts.. wtf
I think it's a stopgap. If Clark is good enough to beat non-Clemson ACC teams, that will be sufficient for now.

I haven't seen him, so I can't confirm whether he weighs less than Yokozuna, but the coaches keep mentioning Navaughn Donaldson. Maybe he finishes the season as the LG.

Asked about changes to Miami's starting lineup or snap counts Saturday, Manny Diaz said Wednesday film still needs to be evaluated. But he likened changes to NBA minutes and rotations. Things can change depending on how game goes. So, it feels like subtle changes. Not major.

Advertisement
I would split Frierson's reps between Striker and nickel CB at this point. Have Keontra on the field at the same time as Striker when Gil plays nickel. Gil showed that he has good speed, awareness, and an ability to turn his head to find the ball when in man to man coverage.

If Receivers aren't going to separate and only catch the ball when its in the perfect sport. Redding needs to play more bigger body if he has decent body control throw back shoulder to him. Especially against PITT we will see press man all game.

Advertisement
Back