Potential depth chart changes moving forward

Advertisement
I get that Flagg played OK against Clemson, and our WRs did not. Still, Worsham, Flagg moving up? Thought we needed more speed out there, not less.

Also, who thinks Chaney and/or Knighton will be starting over Cam by season's end?

Here's my depth chart:

QB: King/TVD
RB: No issues
WR: Redding/Wiggins/Payton
WR: Smith/Wiggins/Payton
Slot: Pope or Harley
TE: No issues
OL: No issues, as of now

I'm running a 4-4 D because our CB depth is rail thin.

DE: Phillips/Harvey/C. Williams
DT: Ford/JHH/Miller
DT: Nesta/JHH/Miller
DE: Roche/Harvey/C. Williams
OLB/Striker: Frierson/K. Smith
MLB: Brooks/Flagg/Steed
MLB: McCloud/Flagg/Steed
OLB/S: A. Carter or Hall
CB: Blades/Couch
CB: Ivey/Couch
S: Bolden/Hall/Balom

KR: Knighton & Chaney
PR: Restrepo
K: No issues
P: No issues

I think without question Redding and Smith need to see more snaps - Redding looks like a grown *** man out there and Smith torches the guy across from him with ease. The upperclassmen simply aren't getting it done. Not sure what the deal was with Payton against Clemson, perhaps just not enough practice reps to feel comfortable yet? But hopefully he can find his role ASAP. Pope should 100% be playing out of the slot. Wiggins has earned the right to start I guess but **** his effort is questionable sometimes.

We need to be able to threaten teams on the perimeter if we're going to take the next step.

Advertisement
Next man up & play more 4/5-Wide sets.

The Offense isn't really an issue IMO, we just went up against a team that was more talented than us & never loses.

I think the offense will be fine the rest of the way, it's the Defense that needs to make changes particularly at LB & Safety.

Is it just me or should Carter get moved to linebacker on passing downs or just going forward play linebacker????

Last edited:
I get that Flagg played OK against Clemson, and our WRs did not. Still, Worsham, Flagg moving up? Thought we needed more speed out there, not less.

Also, who thinks Chaney and/or Knighton will be starting over Cam by season's end?
Cam is starting no doubt about that. I would like to see more 4 and 5 wide with Knighton going in motion from a receiver to the back field and spreading teams out who try pack the middle and hit the running back at the back field. The perimeter was wide open against Clemson. Make them guard our backs out the backfield with a linebacker. We have tons of match up problems for other teams we just need to execute

Last edited:
I think it's a stopgap. If Clark is good enough to beat non-Clemson ACC teams, that will be sufficient for now.

I haven't seen him, so I can't confirm whether he weighs less than Yokozuna, but the coaches keep mentioning Navaughn Donaldson. Maybe he finishes the season as the LG.
What's going on with Scaife? He has look like our second or third worst lineman this season, instead of second best which I thought would be his floor.

Advertisement
Put knighton in the slot and throw him every screen that pope and Harley were getting. Cause he can catch and doesn’t fall down if a mosquito gets too close to him. And he also has wiggle. Pope does the same move every time. He has throws a quick hesitation and darts to the sideline. Problem is he doesn’t have the strength to toe the sideline. Harley just sucks. Throw the ball to knighton cam and Chaney.

How soon we forget that Cam looked great right up until that trip to Clemson....

Bolden, Hedley, and Borregalles were just about the only guys who looked the same against Clemson as they did in the first three games.

Advertisement
Hmmmmmmmmmmm

If only somebody said this during camp!

Ohhhhhh wait...

How soon we forget that Cam looked great right up until that trip to Clemson....

Bolden, Hedley, and Borregalles were just about the only guys who looked the same against Clemson as they did in the first three games.
Take away Cam's two long runs (75 and 66) and he averages 3.9 per carry. Still pretty good but maybe not dazzling enough to necessarily keep the starting job over time? Also, more worrying, against FSU and Clemson he had 20 carries for 46 yards. Pretty ugly math there. Certainly not all Cam's fault but, again, if Chaney and Knighton are as exceptional as we think ...

Advertisement
I think you have to give Restrepo a chance at WR. My old HS football coach had a saying, "if the dog won't bite as a puppy, he's not going to bite." From the few times Ive seen Restrepo on returns, it looks like he is itching to get his hands on the football (which can lead to bone head decisions on returns) . But that the playmaker instincts are there. He seems like the type of WR that can play a Braxton Berrios role and be the dude who is willing to go across the middle and make tough catches in traffic.

Take away Cam's two long runs (75 and 66) and he averages 3.9 per carry. Still pretty good but maybe not dazzling enough to necessarily keep the starting job over time? Also, more worrying, against FSU and Clemson he had 20 carries for 46 yards. Pretty ugly math there. Certainly not all Cam's fault but, again, if Chaney and Knighton are as exceptional as we think ...
Fair enough. Keep rotating all three until one of them proves he’s the man.

only to our 7 LB coaches
Ehhhh, tackling people in the backfield? Does he do that at practice?

09090BD3-471E-49A8-A2DB-F2AB1D1D4229.gif

Payton has some maturity issues, nothing serious but he needs to get his head out of his ***. They want him to play.

Every time he gets a target he breaks route off or just runs wrong route. His talent is absurd though, he’s frustrating.
Your best ability is your availability. I hope he gets it together.

Advertisement
Back