Potential depth chart changes moving forward

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
After doing some digging, below are some potential personnel changes to keep an eye on:

WR- This one has been covered well by @CanesAreAble and others, so I'll just say this: Miami cannot be Miami without impact players at WR. Fortunately, this is an easy problem to fix. Easily attainable recruits like TuTu Atwell and Elijah Moore would have changed the face of this offense. We can get those type of kids without bags. Relevant to this year's team, expect a youth movement. The immediate beneficiary will be Keyshawn Smith.

LB- We will be seeing more of Sam Brooks and Corey Flagg. Both played well in their opportunities on Saturday.

QB2- This is more opinion than info, but I want to see TVD assume the backup role. Kosi is Kosi. We saw that on Saturday. I don't believe his experience makes us any more likely to win in King's absence. Develop your future.

PR- I was calling for Restrepo since camp, which made me feel a little dumb when he fumbled the punt into the endzone. Personally, I'd give him another chance. The dog mentality that carried him to Miami made him too eager to make a play in the rain. Hopefully, he's learned from his mistake. The first PR was actually a smart play-- Clemson had already touched the ball, so Restrepo can pick it up and try to make a play without fear of fumbling. If he did fumble, the team has the option of choosing possession at the spot of the first touch. The other names to watch here are Pope, Hall and Keyshawn Smith.

Advertisement
Is Graig Cooper going to be lining up at WR this week?

Lashlee might need to go old school "full house" and have Davis, Knighton, and Cheney in the game at the same time. Add a double TE set and pick the fastest receiver to just run fly patterns to take a defender with him.

I'd like to see just a little bit of creativity when the team is struggling to move the ball. Inside zone run, inside zone run, incomplete pass might not always be the best formula for success.

Advertisement
Honestly still want Restrepo at PR, you can tell it was just his young self trying to be Superman. You could tell he knew messed up and felt Terrible. Give him another shot I think he will be smarter with the ball from here on. Give him Pitt and see what he does with it
They gave #6 a **** of a lot longer leash. So they should give 7 another shot.

Advertisement
Lashlee might need to go old school "full house" and have Davis, Knighton, and Cheney in the game at the same time. Add a double TE set and pick the fastest receiver to just run fly patterns to take a defender with him.

I'd like to see just a little bit of creativity when the team is struggling to move the ball.

Id like to see that

Advertisement
They need to move Wiggins or pope to the slot and start are bigger receivers outside that can win one on one
Don't have to be big to be on the outside. Just need to be able to separate which none of them have done. I agree though, I wouldn't mind seeing Pope in the slot. Also, give Smith chance out there when ever he's on the field no one is close to him

After doing some digging, below are some potential personnel changes to keep an eye on:

WR- This one has been covered well by @CanesAreAble and others, so I'll just say this: Miami cannot be Miami without impact players at WR. Fortunately, this is an easy problem to fix. Easily attainable recruits like TuTu Atwell and Elijah Moore would have changed the face of this offense. We can get those type of kids without bags. Relevant to this year's team, expect a youth movement. The immediate beneficiary will be Keyshawn Smith.

LB- We will be seeing more of Sam Brooks and Corey Flagg. Both played well in their opportunities on Saturday.

QB2- This is more opinion than info, but I want to see TVD assume the backup role. Kosi is Kosi. We saw that on Saturday. I don't believe his experience makes us any more likely to win in King's absence. Develop your future.

PR- I was calling for Restrepo since camp, which made me feel a little dumb when he fumbled the punt into the endzone. Personally, I'd give him another chance. The dog mentality that carried him to Miami made him too eager to make a play in the rain. Hopefully, he's learned from his mistake. The first PR was actually a smart play-- Clemson had already touched the ball, so Restrepo can pick it up and try to make a play without fear of fumbling. If he did fumble, the team has the option of choosing possession at the spot of the first touch. The other names to watch here are Pope, Hall and Keyshawn Smith.
Great points. My thought about Kosi was the same even before the INT when I saw him in the game and then the INT when he cemented it. I also hoped for X, Redding and Keyshawn Washington to get more time, if not an actual chance to start.

What should we be watching for with regards to Pope, Hall and Keyshawn Smith?

Advertisement

I'd like to see just a little bit of creativity when the team is struggling to move the ball. Inside zone run, inside zone run, incomplete pass might not always be the best formula for success.
As long as Coop gets time at wideout like i was told over a decade ago, I'm in.

Advertisement
Back