Potential depth chart changes moving forward

Scaife has struggled all year. Many expected he would excel at guard but we haven't seen that yet.

The Clark thing baffles me because Traore was benched for supposedly poor play (poor run block grade, he had a high pass blocking grade). Clark comes in and looked really bad against Clemson, but coaches stuck with him. So which is it?

The one thing we have seen in recent years, especially with this current staff is mixed messages with playing time and benchings. I struggle to see how accountability is build with expectations varying week to week.

Clemson is a bad matchup for Clark. He is physically a center and will struggle with high-level interior linemen at guard.

He does well against lesser competition because he is smart and a good pound-for-pound blocker.

Advertisement
At WR, gotta go with Smith & Redding.

At LB, the 4 man rotation should be Brooks, Flagg, Steed & Huff. Jennings can still get reps on short yardage situations, McCloud needs to hit the pine for good, he just doesn't have the football IQ or the lateral movement needed.

At LG, gotta sit Jakai Clark down for Pitt, too many undisciplined penalties, put Traore in there.

At Safety, time to play Balom & Harrell with Bolden, AC5 just can't keep himself in a game & Gurvan is just unfocused.

Overall, Manny & Baker place too high a premium on Seniority & it's going to continue to bite them in the ***, it will be Manny's downfall if he doesn't recognize & correct this issue. Put your best 11 on the field, it doesn't matter if they're a TF or a Red Frosh just find the best 11 & play'em, this steadfast hold of sticking with upperclassmen come **** or high water is only hurting the team & stunting the growth of the younger players with talent.
What about Zion? LT or try him at LG? Rivers ready? Seems like Clarke is just meant to be a Center.

Regarding McCloud & Jennings, the FSU game sealed McLeod fate for me and for Jennings, it was the Louisville game. I had a little hope for McLeod after the Louisville performance but gone after the FSU game.

Let me be clear, I place full blame on the coaching staff for what happened in Clemson.

If I was in charge, here's the 2-deep for Pitt.

QB King/TVD
RB Harris/Chaney
WR Knighton/Restrepo
WR Smith/Payton
WR Redding/Worsham
TE Jordan/Mallory
LT Campbell/Rivers
LG Nelson/Traore
OC Gaynor/Clark
RG Scaife/Reed
RT Williams/Washington

Notable omissions: Perry, Burns, Harley, Pope, Wiggins

DE Roche/Harvey
DT Hunte/Blissett
DT Miller/Silvera
DE Phillips/Williams
LB Brooks/Cave
LB Flagg/Huff
ST Frierson/Smith
CB Blades/Dunson
CB Couch/Clarke
SS Hall/Balom
FS Bolden/Harrell

Notable omissions: Ford, McCloud, Jennings, Steed, Carter, Ivey

9 new starters...all freshmen or sophomores.
IMO - Ivey hasn’t been a major issue since game 1.

Advertisement
Offensive Depth Chart Needs To Be -

QB -
1. King
2. TVD

RB -
1. Cam
2. Knighton & Chaney

WR -
1. Keyshawn Smith

WR -
1. Dee Wiggins - Michael Redding (splitting Reps)

SLOT -

1. Harley - Pope - Restrepo (all splitting time)

TE -
1. Brevin
2. Mallory

LT - Zion

LG - Campbell

C - Gaynor

RG - Scaife

RT - Williams

Defensive -

DE -
1. Quincy Roche
2. Cam Williams

DT -
1. Nesta
2. Miller

DT -
1. Ford
2. Harrison Hunte (More Snaps)

DE -
1. Phillips
2. Harvey

WLB -
1. Brooks
2. TAC
3. Huff
4. McCloud

MLB -
1. Flagg
2. TAC
3. Jennings

Striker -
1. Frierson
2. Keontra

CB -
1. Ivey
2. Couch

CB -
1. Blades

S -
1. Bubba

S -
1. Gurvan
2. Amari

Advertisement
Clemson is a bad matchup for Clark. He is physically a center and will struggle with high-level interior linemen at guard.

He does well against lesser competition because he is smart and a good pound-for-pound blocker.
He's going to struggle against Pitt too if they throw him back out there. I'd use Zion or Campbell at G and put the other one at LT.

Rivers is a mountain of a man. I'm not saying hand him the LG job, but maybe throw him out there for a series.

You can't play as poorly as Clark did and not feel as though someone is coming for your job. Same goes for the WRs, LBs, etc.

By now Manny has heard rumblings that he's too nice. No better way to instill some fear and get the team to practice harder than by opening up the competition.

Advertisement
That may be true, but Amari Carter can't stay on the field, he gets thrown out of every game he plays lol and Gurvan has just been a let down thus far, Idk what his issue is but he just seems to not be dialed in & bringing it on every down.

This has become Groundhog's day where we're forced to play Upperclassmen despite them making countless mistakes but can't put none of the Frosh in because they're not ready yet.

This coaching staff does a very poor job in developing these players. We get a bunch of 4-star players & they're never ready to go until they're Redshirt Juniors, it's ****** ridiculous.

Look no further then the defensive staff. No1 on the defensive staff is power 5 worthy. The fact that Hall is struggling is an indictment on the staff.

Advertisement
Came in to say this. He has been my biggest disappointment on the OL. Like i continue to say...i still think his strength would be at Tackle.
-Clark likely outplays Trare in practice, game prep situations. I think they are likely close in play grades but they likely edge Clark because of that.

Does anyone know if Rivers is close to being serviceable? I mean at this point you might as well give the kid a shot at guard.

I've seen enough out of Baker to know that he isn't the guy for the job. The problem is that he is Diaz' guy and even if he was fired, Diaz would probably promote Banda who would just run the same ****ty scheme. We will be stuck with this crap defensive scheme as long as Diaz is HC.

Advertisement
Back