Potential Defense Depth Chart: 3-4 (Glenn Schumann and others)

Advertisement
I think our current personnel definitely favors 3-3-5 vs 3-4 right now.
As a sample 3-3-5 depth chart:
1st team DL: Chantz, LT, JHH
2nd team DL: Harvey, Miller, Roberts
1st team LB: Chase, portal MLB, TAC
2nd team LB: Bissainthe, Flagg, Brooks/Johnson
1st team corners: Rique (please God stay), Blades, Couch
2nd team corners: Dunson, Graves, Clarke
1st team safeties: J Will, Kam, Avantae
2nd team safeties: Balom, Washington, Williams
if it's Schumann, couldn't that potentially mean Rique bolts out of here if it's the same defense he just moved away from last year?

Advertisement
Advertisement
I seriously doubt Cristobal and company leaves Thomas Davis and Tyler Johnson at the edge. Manny **** won’t be Cristobal’s. Those guys belong at LB.
Do they belong at LB though? We really don't know how they'll play there and both were edge rushers in HS.

Being a total football novice when it comes to details like that, I think the answer would be whether we could find a big guy to go over the center. I think I saw Macho call that a 0 technique.
and assuming we have linebackers who know how to play P5 football lol

I’m more of an offensive minded guy — what’s the conceptual difference between the 3-4 we ran with Al vs this potential scheme? i.e alignment, gap assignment, etc.?

Other than Al and Mark being a total clown show

Advertisement
idgaf If we go out there with 11 lined up in a line, just hold opponents between 24-30 pts (27 sounds like a good sweet spot). Too much infatuation and love affairs with certain schemes - the best DCs mix it up and disguise looks.

With our offense, that’s all we need. Keep it fresh, keep it confusing, play to your strengths and with tenacity and aggression.

Advertisement
If you watch Alabama or Georgia they're rarely in a 3-4 defense. They run 4-25 or 3-3-5 more than a 3-4. It's more of a multiple defense than anything. A few years ago I saw an article that said Alabama ran a 3-4 on 20% of their plays.
Which I am fine with. That’s why I said we don’t have the guys to stay in 3-4 for 90% of 1st and 2nd downs. Im all for multiple fronts. You have to be in this age of football.

**** we don't have the horses for a 4-3 either. As critical as I was of Golden, one thing that He said that I agreed with, was that it was harder to staff a 4-3 because you had to have 10-12 quality D-Linemen to run it.
I’m worried about run fits with our lbers. We don’t have many elite guys up front but they good enough to win most of our games. I don’t want anything extra out on our backers.

True, but then that's on recruiting.
Because even if we run a 4-3, we're supposed to have some bigger bodies to play the 1-technique.

(this is where Alton Tarber would have came in and likely contributed early)

Would he listen to an offer from Mario?

Advertisement
Back