Potential Defense Depth Chart: 3-4 (Glenn Schumann and others)

I don’t think TS goes pro especially bringing in another DC. He’s gotta chance to show what he can do in a real system instead of ending up like Mjack.

You mean hes going back to playing in the UGA system that didn't allow him to play on the boundary? Lol

Advertisement
You mean hes going back to playing in the UGA system that didn't allow him to play on the boundary? Lol
No, by actually playing boundary in that very system without the Coach that made that decision. Was that too difficult for you to comprehend the first time?

Nobody runs 34 or 43 more than like 20% of plays regardless what your base defense is. This is college football and there aren't all that many teams running the wing-t anymore - especially relevant to us since GTech doesn't do that anymore. Nickel packages are like >50% of what defenses run. Dime might be used more often than base defenses at this point. But that should work to our strength - athletes.

I like the 43 just because I think that it fits the type of athlete we traditionally have had and is typically is more aggressive. It's more traditionally the 1 gap just let the Dlineman get upfield and penetrate type defense and usually protects the ilbs from guards more, whereas the 34 typically has more 2-gap assignments from the Dl - especially the NT - and the ilbs usually aren't as protected from guards since besides the NT the other Dlineman are typically in >=5techs (over tackle). That's why traditionally you'd see 34 ILBs being like the 250lb+ guys while in the 43 you didn't see as many hulk type figures. .... But today, defenses are a lot more multiple than ever before and the 34 isn't about having just huge guys any more.. Ultimately the 34 base has a higher ceiling. I do think nailing the NT position will probably be one of the most important aspects of our defensive recruiting, and a place where we need to recruit nationally. I'm not worried at all any other position tbh. Just get a top ******* NT and the 34 will work here.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back