Post-Signing Day Chatter - 12/20

View as article
Advertisement
Advertisement
**This will probably be the last time I bring up WR Jadon Haselwood. I know this has been widely reported by now, but this is just a formality and in the effort of completeness and finality for my own self. Yesterday morning, I referenced a good source saying he believed the pick would be OU. Yesterday around mid-day, I talked to another source close to Haselwood that also believed the pick would be OU. Another source that was previously saying Miami has backed off that. The UM staff's confidence with Haselwood has eroded as well. All this to say, I'm flipping my pick to OU. Again, I know this is widely assumed at this point, simply a formality. For the record, I don't believe he was trolling Miami, and do believe his interest in UM was legitimate by talking with people that know him well. There were very good reasons he was not high on OU to begin with. There are many other factors at play here and I'm going to leave it at that.

**I'm still hearing positive things on Tyrique Stevenson to Miami, which is noteworthy because I'm told UGA is absolutely working until the last second here to land him. It's unclear as of yet if he's going to announce something in the early signing period or still wait until the all-star game on Jan. 5th.

It cannot be understated how Jarren Williams' transfer, our struggles on offense, and our refusal to change our offensive staff affected Haselwood's decision. Remember that Miami was not concerned about Haselwood when both Malik and Perry struggled because Haselwood believed in Williams as the future of Miami.

If Miami is the choice, we should not push up Stevenson's announcement to calm down an angry fanbase because the day for signees was yesterday, not today. It's not Stevenson's responsibility to make sure the fanbase is happy on NSD. That's on the coaches. Why ruin a kid's moment on national TV? Additionally, both Haselwood and Bogle could choose OU and Bama respectively with our hats on the table. It'd be better to have Stevenson choose Miami on the same day than go 0/2 IMO.

Advertisement
is there a source that disproves that? That's completely believable that he used us. He had canes gear on 24/7, he was being way too forward.

"All this to say, I'm flipping my pick to OU. Again, I know this is widely assumed at this point, simply a formality. For the record, I don't believe he was trolling Miami, and do believe his interest in UM was legitimate by talking with people that know him well. There were very good reasons he was not high on OU to begin with."

You can choose to believe Stefan's article or Ivins. Up to you

Last edited by a moderator:
So he told bama he was coming if they had room and he told miami he was coming to secure his spot while not mentioning his willingness to jump to bama if they need him...

LOLZ....

Bama is not turning down Bogle. They've been on him hard the whole cycle. I know some people believe he is a plan B kid for them because Kayvon chose Oregon, but that's incorrect. Kayvon choosing Oregon just means Alabama will apply even more pressure on Bogle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
It cannot be understated how Jarren Williams' transfer, our struggles on offense, and our refusal to change our offensive staff affected Haselwood's decision. Remember that Miami was not concerned about Haselwood when both Malik and Perry struggled because Haselwood believed in Williams as the future of Miami.

If Miami is the choice, we should not push up Stevenson's announcement to calm down an angry fanbase because the day for signees was yesterday, not today. It's not Stevenson's responsibility to make sure the fanbase is happy on NSD. That's on the coaches. Why ruin a kid's moment on national TV? Additionally, both Haselwood and Bogle could choose OU and Bama respectively with our hats on the table. It'd be better to have Stevenson choose Miami on the same day than go 0/2 IMO.

So this pretty much confirms dsdcane's post from yesterday saying that NP has been given the starting QB job next season.

That's what separates the elite from the great. You recruit the best at each position every year. You expect to lose great players due to transfer.

But he is going to go from being a backup to another situation where they have a 4/5* QB that has already been there a year. And there is an article about some other QB already there that they are high on.

Advertisement
This sounds good, but don’t go on twitter posting about it and getting all confident and sh*t for what we think this is about... I feel like every time someone do that the sh*t don’t come to fruition and end up ruining it

Just like everytime we get in a fight coming out the tunnell we lay an egg

Bama is not turning down Bogle. They've been on him hard the whole cycle. I know some people believe he is a plan B kid for them because Kayvon chose Oregon, but that's incorrect. Kayvon choosing Oregon just means Alabama will apply even more pressure to ensure they land Bogle.

I’m not saying they’d turn Bogle down but he’s not a priority for them right now, they can only sign 2 more players and he’s 3rd or 4th on the priority list.

But he is going to go from being a backup to another situation where they have a 4/5* QB that has already been there a year. And there is an article about some other QB already there that they are high on.
I don't think he's scared of the competition or wants to be handed anything. I think he ran into a Malik Rosier situation at UGA in that he was told (promised) he would be allowed to compete for the job, but the HC had no intention of having a real QB competition and even if he did, he would not bench the incumbent for political reasons.

Advertisement
Back