Post-Signing Day Chatter - 12/20

View as article
JH is more than just bags, we've imploded this season, period. Why would a talent like that come here and end up being another Jeff Thomas, or soon-to-be Jarren Williams. OU puts up big points and big numbers. You don't need bags to convince a recruit, or his father, of that.
Maybe they didn’t need big bags, but Team Haselwood made them think they did.

Advertisement
I'm not sure I would call missing out on almost every one of your top targets "positive," just because now we know we're not getting them and can look at lesser options.

You and I have been around this long enough to know that very well could be true, but, let's be real, it's at least a 50/50 ball why we lost him. We're basically a BC, UVA level program. Prospects like that don't go to those schools.
They usually don’t come here when they can go to another team and the family can pocket several hundred K. But we’ve certainly got guys who were offered a lot of money to go elsewhere.

Advertisement
They usually don’t come here when they can go to another team and the family can pocket several hundred K. But we’ve certainly got guys who were offered a lot of money to go elsewhere.

Yep, some kids take the home team discount.

Moms cooking , being around family/friends and being a home town hero is enough for some kids.

Not for most though.

Advertisement
I'm not sure I would call missing out on almost every one of your top targets "positive," just because now we know we're not getting them and can look at lesser options.

Standing on the subway platform and rationalizing that I might have missed the train, but now I'm freed up to fall on the tracks

Exactly.... if the product on the field was alot better we prolly wouldn't be having this conversation...last class was blinded by the 10-0 start turnover chain etc......since everything has gone south without a bag it's very difficult to land top players wit a 7-5 record... SEC teams like Tennessee and South Carolina have bags thats why they're getting those 4-5* kids.....what I don't understand is losing plan b 3* kids basically in our own backyard to teams like Syracuse and UCF??? Also, this staff does a **** poor job of evaluating local "sleeper" talent....should be one of their advantages....Richt cant even out recruit sorry Nebraska in the state of Georgia...lol

Advertisement
Back