Post-Signing Day Chatter - 12/20

View as article
Haven’t read these pages, but now that al ga man has committed today based on richts comments. I wonder if now Stevenson mom wins out lolol.

Advertisement
Did you attend all the practices this year? Did you sit on all the talks between him and the coaches, to include the head coach? Or is this just something you made up and tossed it out as fact.
When did I toss it out as fact? My original statement (y'know the one right above your post about using common
sense) contained the word "think" twice, and 1st grade comprehension principles tell us whatever comes next is
more than likely going to be an OPINION which exactly what it was.

Anyway, read between the lines. Listen to the chatter coming out in front and behind the scenes from the QB situation at UGA. Pretty clear what went on.

When did I toss it out as fact? My original statement (y'know the one right above your post about using common
sense) contained the word "think" twice, and 1st grade comprehension principles tell us whatever comes next is
more than likely going to be an OPINION which exactly what it was.

Anyway, read between the lines. Listen to the chatter coming out in front and behind the scenes from the QB situation at UGA. Pretty clear what went on.

Again, you are insinuating that this was factual. Stop with the ballerina tap dance around it. It's like when guys use the phrase, " a source told me", so that they can brush it off as somebody else's bad call.

Kirby Smart isn't Richt dude. He is there to win at all cost, including the QB position. He isn't built to play the political game on the field.

no way, ivins said he used us as a smokescreen this whole time to hide where he was going
I totally agree. The kid came down to Miami 3 times. Twice on his own dime and with his parents. That would be a **** of a way to put up a smoke screen by wasting time and money. I think there are 3 things that has Haselwood going to OU. First is his dad being an alumnus. 2nd is OU's offensive philosophy. 3rd, is UM's offensive struggles and lack of identity.

Advertisement
That's BS

Here are his exact words:

I have moved my 247Sports' Crystal Ball forecast off Miami and over to Oklahoma for five-star wide receiver Jadon Haselwood. The Sooners emerged as a serious threat to land the Peach State native in recent days and I'm under the impression that Haslewood is headed to Norman. From my understanding he was using the Hurricanes as a bit of a smoke screen to hide where he was going.

On Haselwood,

Listening to CaneShades yesterday someone who knows Haselwood called in(don't know how legit he is but it seems like he always gave the hosts updates on his recruitment) and said Jadon had a family meeting and once Jadon told him that, he knew what time it was. He said he txted Haselwood after he saw his tweet about being under pressure and asked him was he ok. He really belives Haselwood had legit interest in us but ultimately implied his dad made the final call.

I never really listened to that show but they always have UM players on it so I guess I should listen more.

Last edited:
Advertisement

I have moved my 247Sports' Crystal Ball forecast off Miami and over to Oklahoma for five-star wide receiver Jadon Haselwood. The Sooners emerged as a serious threat to land the Peach State native in recent days and I'm under the impression that Haslewood is headed to Norman. From my understanding he was using the Hurricanes as a bit of a smoke screen to hide where he was going.

I think its true. Think about it. Kid was wearing UM gear and gloves at that point why not commit unless its a smokescreen. If you're trying to keep everyone guessing why wear the gloves and gear???

Advertisement
"All this to say, I'm flipping my pick to OU. Again, I know this is widely assumed at this point, simply a formality. For the record, I don't believe he was trolling Miami, and do believe his interest in UM was legitimate by talking with people that know him well. There were very good reasons he was not high on OU to begin with."

You can choose to believe Stefan's article or Ivins. Up to you

I believe he was absolutely all in on Miami up until the loss to GTech. Don't forget - he chose to come to Atlanta to watch our game. That was also around the time the first rumors of Jarren started to surface. And Ezzard, too. I also think Haselwood put less and less on his social media related to Miami. Could have meant nothing but it was noticeably different. If he or his friend, Darrin Hood, read any of the Miami boards, I can see why he would have concerns...

The part of this I find very interesting is the fact his own coach, as late as Monday, had no idea Oklahoma was even in the picture.

The bolded is factually incorrect

I believe he was absolutely all in on Miami up until the loss to GTech. Don't forget - he chose to come to Atlanta to watch our game. That was also around the time the first rumors of Jarren started to surface. And Ezzard, too. I also think Haselwood put less and less on his social media related to Miami. Could have meant nothing but it was noticeably different. If he or his friend, Darrin Hood, read any of the Miami boards, I can see why he would have concerns...

The part of this I find very interesting is the fact his own coach, as late as Monday, had no idea Oklahoma was even in the picture.

agree with the bolded

Advertisement
I’m not saying they’d turn Bogle down but he’s not a priority for them right now, they can only sign 2 more players and he’s 3rd or 4th on the priority list.

They will find a way to sign every guy they really want. They will use every color shirt in the book or push kids to leave.

Advertisement
Back