Post-Signing Day Chatter - 12/20

View as article
Advertisement
haselwood’s father plain and simple two nights ago convinced JH he was crazy to pick Richt over Riley... simple as that. We tried our best and were the leader the whole time.

Are you serious with that stuff??

Kid is a top rated WR talent, he is going to plan accordingly.

And unreal that you would even entertain the idea we utilized Jeff Thomas in any fashion that scratched his potential.

Come on, man.

By plan you mean tantrum and try to fight a coach?

If you really believe Jeff Thomas helped himself by quitting and transferring from UM, I don't know what to tell you.

I'd like to see us get the ball to Thomas more for sure, for UM's sake...He's a nice weapon. But him playing in a bad offense would not hurt him one bit in the draft, not one bit. That's a fact. Scouts will watch the tape for the plays he did make, when he did have the ball, then scouts would test him...Good WR from run based offense, from bad offenses get drafted high all the time, the NFL doesn't look at catches 90 balls vs. catches 45-50 balls

I mean so if Ahmmon Richards would have stayed healthy...

Let's say he would have put up 45 750 8 this year...Not worldbeater numbers for sure, and indicative of UM's offense needing to get better, at the very least to the level it was last 2 years, not the train wreck it was this year. But I think that's a pretty fair estimate to what his numbers would have been, maybe a little better...And we know what Richards could have done in Oklahomas's offense...Do you really think Ahmmon Richards would have not gone 1st round because he played in the lesser offense? If you do you are incorrect, because a blind man could have saw Ahmmon Richards in Navy's offense and taken him 1st round.

Last edited:
It's tough getting mad anymore. We put out a ****** product on the field and we aren't filling bags like other teams.

haselwood’s father plain and simple two nights ago convinced JH he was crazy to pick Richt over Riley... simple as that. We tried our best and were the leader the whole time.

It will be kind of funny when Riley is gone in another 1-2 years.

Advertisement
By plan you mean tantrum and try to fight a coach?

If you really believe Jeff Thomas helped himself by quitting and transferring from UM, I don't know what to tell you.

I'd like to see us get the ball to Thomas more for sure, for our own sake...But him playing in a bad offense would not hurt him one bit in the draft, not one bit. That's a fact. Scouts will watch the tape for the plays he did make, when he did have the ball, then scouts would test him...Good WR from run based offense, from bad offenses get drafted high all the time, the NFL doesn't look at catches 90 balls vs. catches 45-50 balls

Who cares about how many passes he caught? Our most innovative way to get him the ball for a "big play" was that stupid half roll out post play. Oh, and slants, tons of slants against a BC team that would never be able to handle him in space. He was one of the best players in the ACC, we used him poorly. There's no debating that, at all.

Who cares about how many passes he caught? Our most innovative way to get him the ball for a "big play" was that stupid half roll out post play. Oh, and slants, tons of slants against a BC team that would never be able to handle him in space. He was one of the best players in the ACC, we used him poorly. There's no debating that, at all.

We "used him poorly" because our qb can't hit the broad side of a barn.

Advertisement
Thanks for the info but what r the "many factors in play" for Haselwood? Thats the stuff ppl are interested in.

What difference does it make?
At this point it’s just something to make you feel better for not getting him.

Last edited:
Advertisement
**Speaking of DE Khris Bogle: after talking to a source close to the recruitment today, he is still planning on waiting to announce at the all-star game on Jan. 5th. Another strong source has told me that he has given indications to both Miami and Alabama that he is coming, so someone is going to get let down there.

We know how this story ends....

Feels like it's TS because the Southridge pipeline that Cooney can dip into. Only one that makes sense. Like I said a week or two ago Cooney will get that ST coach spot
Thought he said he was signing on Friday. His mind could’ve easily changed but that makes me think it’s someone else.

The only way we make NSD 2.0 in February any better is if we win convincingly against Wisky and look much better on offense. I'm absolutely convinced that is the only way we'll be able to swing any flips at all.

Lose, even by a little, to Wisky...and the downward spiral just continues to keep going down lower and lower towards rock bottom.

Advertisement
Thought he said he was signing on Friday. His mind could’ve easily changed but that makes me think it’s someone else.
Think I was late today haha I guess it was that tackle from NY because he's technically playing in a bowl. But not sure how that Ties to Cooney. Cooney is plugged in at Southridge which made me think TS

**This will probably be the last time I bring up WR Jadon Haselwood. I know this has been widely reported by now, but this is just a formality and in the effort of completeness and finality for my own self. Yesterday morning, I referenced a good source saying he believed the pick would be OU. Yesterday around mid-day, I talked to another source close to Haselwood that also believed the pick would be OU. Another source that was previously saying Miami has backed off that. The UM staff's confidence with Haselwood has eroded as well. All this to say, I'm flipping my pick to OU. Again, I know this is widely assumed at this point, simply a formality. For the record, I don't believe he was trolling Miami, and do believe his interest in UM was legitimate by talking with people that know him well. There were very good reasons he was not high on OU to begin with. There are many other factors at play here and I'm going to leave it at that.

**I'm still hearing positive things on Tyrique Stevenson to Miami, which is noteworthy because I'm told UGA is absolutely working until the last second here to land him. It's unclear as of yet if he's going to announce something in the early signing period or still wait until the all-star game on Jan. 5th.

**Many have already seen the OT Adam ElGammal news, but if you haven't: ElGammal was a late signee for Miami today. He was originally planning on waiting until February, but the staff convinced him to move it up. Remember, the early signing period lasts through Friday, so technically we could see more announcements the next two days.

**A few big-time targets did not sign with other schools yesterday, such as RB Mark-Antony Richards, DE Khris Bogle, OT Darius Washington, and CB Akeem Dent among others. They will all be high priorities during the next few weeks until the February signing day. For the full list of unsigned targets, as well as a recap of yesterday's action, check the early signing day tracker *here* or look for it pinned to the top of the recruiting board.

**Speaking of DE Khris Bogle: after talking to a source close to the recruitment today, he is still planning on waiting to announce at the all-star game on Jan. 5th. Another strong source has told me that he has given indications to both Miami and Alabama that he is coming, so someone is going to get let down there.

**As the craziness of the early signing period subsides, the positive is that Miami knows where they stand and can now re-evaluate the class. The board will become more clear in the coming days and will certainly expand as we see more new names emerging. UM already sent out three new offers yesterday and I'm told they are currently in the best spot with LB Octavius Brothers. UM has been laying some of the groundwork here by conducting multiple in-home visits with him during the contact period. He is very on high on Miami and will be on commit watch for his official visit on Jan. 18th.
Spin 101..... I just want the guys to be coached up and play better period.. Darius Leonard is the best LB in football right now and he's from a small black school

Last edited:
Maybe Cooney talked CMR into hiring an OC to keep JH from committing elsewhere.

Signed,

Peruche

Not going to happen and you don't make a hire just to get 1 commit. You make that move because you realize an offense ranked in the 90s is unacceptable.

Advertisement
Back