post practice 4/17/18

Huh?

So he starts the guy that doesn’t give us the best chance to win because of some weird convoluted circular logic?
It's not convoluted circular logic, it's time tested. Name me one instance of a freshman QB named starter against an incumbent senior QB. Just one.

We saw it last year with Bama. Saban started Hurts over Tagovailoa even though the latter tore it up in practice and their Spring game. Why? Because coaches want to go with the proven commodity, even if that proven commodity has less upside potential than the unknown. In our case, Richt knows what he's getting with Malik. It's the safe choice. It doesn't upset the apple cart. But name me one instance of an incumbent senior QB getting benched for a freshman.

Advertisement
It's not convoluted circular logic, it's time tested. Name me one instance of a freshman QB named starter against an incumbent senior QB. Just one.

We saw it last year with Bama. Saban started Hurts over Tagovailoa even though the latter tore it up in practice and their Spring game. Why? Because coaches want to go with the proven commodity, even if that proven commodity has less upside potential than the unknown. In our case, Richt knows what he's getting with Malik. It's the safe choice. It doesn't upset the apple cart. But name me one instance of an incumbent senior QB getting benched for a freshman.

Saban started Hurts because he thought Hurts gave him the best chance to win.

That’s the one and only fūcking reason he started Hurts.

So what’s your point again?

When you know what you're getting is inadequate, it increases your odds of picking the unknown.

I think he's sending the backups a clear message. Learn what to do and when to do it. Lord knows they will actually be able TO do it better than Rosier. Richt knows this, he just wants them to pass the mental tests first.

I don't know about a Sr, but Mark Richt benched incumbent JR Joe Tereshinski in favor of true frosh Matthew Stafford in 2006.

My point remains that when you have a senior (let alone redshirt senior) incumbent starting QB, you aren't benching him for a freshman QB absent an injury to the senior. And it ain't just because the senior is better.

Still waiting on you to provide an example of a redshirt senior incumbent starting QB getting benched for a freshman. Why do I get the feeling I'll keep waiting?

Advertisement
I don't know about a Sr, but Mark Richt benched incumbent JR Joe Tereshinski in favor of true frosh Matthew Stafford in 2006.
You're leaving out the crucial part about Tereshinski getting benched only after he injured his ankle, and it wasn't before the start of the season. If I was looking for that type of example I would have used my own re: Hurts/Tagovailoa.

Someone name me one redshirt senior QB incumbent starter who was benched for reasons other than injury/discipline before the season for a freshman QB.

I think they're both better QB's than Rosier, but I don't think either of them play this year except late vs Savannah St & FIU. I think Richt wants the Offense run a specific way & neither of them have fully grasped that yet.

JW is only getting 3rd team reps, so he has a distance to climb, but the competition is between him & Perry for the backup. But, I wouldn't be shocked if he redshirted this year either.

I believe he is actually getting2nd-/3rd combo or even just 2nd team because we don't have a full 3rd team right now. Richt mentioned that early on. Someone also said on another thread that when they scrimmage in practice he goes against the 2nd team too. so that's a good thing

My point remains that when you have a senior (let alone redshirt senior) incumbent starting QB, you aren't benching him for a freshman QB absent an injury to the senior. And it ain't just because the senior is better.

Still waiting on you to provide an example of a redshirt senior incumbent starting QB getting benched for a freshman. Why do I get the feeling I'll keep waiting?
Man **** this. Show me where Rosier is worse than Perry. Show me. Perry has had 5 opportunities to show what he can do and he's ranged from 38% passing to 50% with 4 TD's and 7 INT's. Where's this narrative coming from that even remotely suggests that Perry gives us a better chance of winning games? We were 10-3 with a 54% passer last season. Where would we have been with a 42% passer that don't know the offense and can't read a defense?

This bull**** needs to stop. People even suggesting that Richt ain't starting the best option for any reason besides it's our best chance of winning is ******* stupid. Some of y'all need to get out ya **** feelings and quit trying to act like you have access to even a 100th of the data coaches are going through to come to these decisions and can say Richt ain't using the data from these practices and scrimmages and just making a decision based solely on seniority.

Advertisement
You're leaving out the crucial part about Tereshinski getting benched only after he injured his ankle, and it wasn't before the start of the season. If I was looking for that type of example I would have used my own re: Hurts/Tagovailoa.

Someone name me one redshirt senior QB incumbent starter who was benched for reasons other than injury/discipline before the season for a freshman QB.
I ain't got to name you a **** thing. Tereshinski didn't get benched because he was injured. He was the starter again after he recovered. He got benched for ****ting the bed against Tennessee and sucking *** against Vandy--his first two games back.

What kind of stupid *** coach would bench an incumbent starter for an unproven commodity? The kind that don't plan on coaching long.

Man **** this. Show me where Rosier is worse than Perry. Show me. Perry has had 5 opportunities to show what he can do and he's ranged from 38% passing to 50% with 4 TD's and 7 INT's. Where's this narrative coming from that even remotely suggests that Perry gives us a better chance of winning games? We were 10-3 with a 54% passer last season. Where would we have been with a 42% passer that don't know the offense and can't read a defense?

This bull**** needs to stop. People even suggesting that Richt ain't starting the best option for any reason besides it's our best chance of winning is ******* stupid. Some of y'all need to get out ya **** feelings and quit trying to act like you have access to even a 100th of the data coaches are going through to come to these decisions and can say Richt ain't using the data from these practices and scrimmages and just making a decision based solely on seniority.
You clearly need to calm down. I never said Rosier is worse than Perry. I said Jarren Williams should get a chance to start in another thread, I never once touted Perry.

But let's get back to my point, which is that there are extenuating circumstances that dictate why a redshirt senior incumbent starting QB is named the starter (absent injury/discipline) before the season over a freshman QB. ****, you can't even name me ONE instance where that didn't happen. So basically, you're saying that every single time in the history of college football, that the redshirt senior QB was named starter because the coach thought he was better. Thanks for the laugh.

He got hurt, he didnt get benched
Wrong.gif

Tereshinsky resumed his roll as the starter once he recovered from his injury. In his first two games back from injury, he blew a halftime lead against Tennessee 51-33, then lost to Vanderbilt the following week 22-24. It was after that game that he was benched in favor of Stafford.

I ain't got to name you a **** thing. Tereshinski didn't get benched because he was injured. He was the starter again after he recovered. He got benched for ****ting the bed against Tennessee and sucking *** against Vandy--his first two games back.

What kind of stupid *** coach would bench an incumbent starter for an unproven commodity? The kind that don't plan on coaching long.
You realize you're proving my point with this drivel, right? First off, Tereshinski wasn't a redshirt senior, he was a junior. And second, he was named the starter before the season, much like Malik will be named the starter before the season. And surely enough, it took him ****ting the bed against Tennessee, as you said, for Richt to wake up and start the better player.

So let's go ahead and make the same dumb decision, right? I mean, it worked out the first time around. Why should we have to wait for another Malik vs. Pitt or Malik vs. Wisconsin to play the best QB?

Advertisement
You clearly need to calm down. I never said Rosier is worse than Perry. I said Jarren Williams should get a chance to start in another thread, I never once touted Perry

So your position is that we should start the guy who's been to 11 practices, 8 in pads. I gave your intelligence far too much credit.

You realize you're proving my point with this drivel, right? First off, Tereshinski wasn't a redshirt senior, he was a junior. And second, he was named the starter before the season, much like Malik will be named the starter before the season. And surely enough, it took him ****ting the bed against Tennessee, as you said, for Richt to wake up and start the better player.

So let's go ahead and make the same dumb decision, right? I mean, it worked out the first time around. Why should we have to wait for another Malik vs. Pitt or Malik vs. Wisconsin to play the best QB?
If your point was that you're stupid and don't understand how or why a RsSenior usually becomes the unquestionable leader of a team, then no. You proved that all on your own.

So your position is that we should start the guy who's been to 11 practices, 8 in pads. I gave your intelligence far too much credit.
Funny that one of the staff writers for this very website you frequent wrote an article that shares not only my opinion, but that of many other posters.

It doesn't matter what I "want". Like I said, Malik is going to start against LSU. It is what it is. You can assume it's because he was the best in camp if it makes you feel better.

Advertisement
Saban started Hurts because he thought Hurts gave him the best chance to win.

That’s the one and only fūcking reason he started Hurts.

So what’s your point again?
So what you're telling us fans is that a 3 and out king with a limited skillset, who benefited from a boat load turnovers last season is going to give us the best chance to win. You keep restating it over and over.

Let me ask you a very simple question since you want to keep repeating yourself. What if we don't win? How does the theory of the "vet whose mastered the playbook but still looks a mess" better equip us to win over the "much talented but not well versed guy." Oh plan B, put in the guy who got lil to no reps with the 1st team and lets see if he can go make a play and give us a spark.
Im still trying to understand how is this guy the safe pick? If im going to spend Saturdays pulling my hair out and grunting my teeth, it will be with talent and upside oppose to a 5th yr "can't get right"

So what you're telling us fans is that a 3 and out king with a limited skillset, who benefited from a boat load turnovers last season is going to give us the best chance to win. You keep restating it over and over.

Let me ask you a very simple question since you want to keep repeating yourself. What if we don't win? How does the theory of the "vet whose mastered the playbook but still looks a mess" better equip us to win over the "much talented but not well versed guy." Oh plan B, put in the guy who got lil to no reps with the 1st team and lets see if he can go make a play and give us a spark.
Im still trying to understand how is this guy the safe pick? If im going to spend Saturdays pulling my hair out and grunting my teeth, it will be with talent and upside oppose to a 5th yr "can't get right"
Since you're advocating a bunch of "what if's", I'll play along for what if's sake. "What if" CMR starts Perry against LSU and their defense overwhelms him? Does CMR pull him for the RsSr? What does that do to Perry's confidence? "What if" Perry starts against LSU and he manages to get through relatively unscathed (probably thanks to our defense) and continues to start, but at some point he sucks and gets pulled for the RsSr? What does that do to his confidence? On top of that, would the RsSr even be a viable option at any point after he was benched for RsFr?

I can't wait til this season has come and gone just like you 2 dumbazzes once this man- bun wearing *** ***** the bed and you dig deep into your empty football intel account to come up with why she didn't succeed after being rose-pedaled the job. CMR is suppose to be a qb guru of evaluation and development but starts a clown 2 yrs that no other P5 wanted. Its not like he has proven the naysayers wrong or showed any growth. CMR has clearly lost his freaking mind. You will here excuse after excuse as to why he thought "this was the right move at the time but it just didn't go the way i planned it...blah blah bs" that **** said there would be a competition and the pastor lied.

yes, the final scrimmage is on Saturday (not open to public).

Really hope they give all the QB work to Perry and Williams. No point in seeing what else Rosier can do in one last scrimmage and the other two need the work

Advertisement
Back