post practice 4/17/18

Advertisement
Clearly sounds like #12 is his guy...i just think he shouldn't have put it out there that it would be a competition if not true. Seems as though he wanted someone to push #12 as he stated, " he does well when he feels the pressure" rather than actuallylly compete for the job. Damm i hope recruits don't see into the stubborness. Im a diehard, I'll ride it out. It can't get any worst than the previous 15 yrs . i will restrain from all other thoughts im feeling

I don't believe that. Richt isn't going to pull him unless he absolutely has to & just throwing picks in a game won't be enough. Richt said in that video the only game where Malik couldn't hit his targets was Pitt. That to me lets me know he doesn't really care if Malik didn't play well in several other games because we won, Va Tech for example.

That's what I was alluding to in some of my comments yesterday, Richt is sticking with Rosier no matter what, because if he benches him too quick it defeats the purpose of starting him in the first place.

Richt knows better than I do & I have no problem being wrong. If he thinks Rosier gives us the best chance to win then I'm fine with that, I hope he's right. But I don't see any of the other QB's playing a lick this season, except for maybe late 4th quarter vs Savannah St. & maybe FIU.

The QB competition is for QB2, not for the starter.

Unfortunately I think this post is entirely accurate.

Advertisement
Best part of all of that to me was Mike Jack's story. Before UGA canned CMR and just shortly after, so many fans were digging into him as being too soft on guys with all the family stuff, and teaching kids how to be successful men and not just ball players...they referred to him as Pastor Richt not as a compliment.

It's great to see our guys embrace that and really appreciate being a part of what he's trying to build here. For a **** second ther, though, I thought SMDH was going to ask him if he had any cats.

Clearly sounds like #12 is his guy...i just think he shouldn't have put it out there that it would be a competition if not true. Seems as though he wanted someone to push #12 as he stated, " he does well when he feels the pressure" rather than actuallylly compete for the job. Damm i hope recruits don't see into the stubborness. Im a diehard, I'll ride it out. It can't get any worst than the previous 15 yrs . i will restrain from all other thoughts im feeling

I hear ya and its frustrating, but the first thing it seems in Richt's hierarchy is can you actually understand what is going on when you step to the line, read the defense, and get into the right play? From what it sounds like from this interview that is what Malik has been doing, digesting the situation and making the correct calls. He has the confidence in Malik to do this. We have yet to hear him mention that about N'Kosi. Maybe I missed it but I can't recall. You typically hear N'Kosi is athletic or he had some great throws with him, not he made an adjustment when he saw something and made the right call.

I have seen enough of Malik just like everyone else has, but if he is the only one there that can do this to the level expected it's pretty clear he's going to start. Totally just my opinion and trying to read between the lines.

You believe 14 INTS and a 54% completion percentage is a "level unseen before"? You're easily impressed.

Level unseen before FOR MALIK. I know it's not saying much but he did improve over the summer and all of his peers recognized it.

I don't believe that. Richt isn't going to pull him unless he absolutely has to & just throwing picks in a game won't be enough. Richt said in that video the only game where Malik couldn't hit his targets was Pitt. That to me lets me know he doesn't really care if Malik didn't play well in several other games because we won, Va Tech for example.

That's what I was alluding to in some of my comments yesterday, Richt is sticking with Rosier no matter what, because if he benches him too quick it defeats the purpose of starting him in the first place.

Richt knows better than I do & I have no problem being wrong. If he thinks Rosier gives us the best chance to win then I'm fine with that, I hope he's right. But I don't see any of the other QB's playing a lick this season, except for maybe late 4th quarter vs Savannah St. & maybe FIU.

Sorry bro. I completely disagree. I don't give a ratz *** about all the coach speak. Richts frustrations and decisions last year were all I needed to see to know that Rosier aint starting this year.

Richt is keeping this close to the vest and pushing everyone by not letting anyone think they have the job outright. All of these QBs are going to grind their azzez off all the way through fall because of it.

I stand by my my declaration the Rosier wont start this season barring injury.

Nothing he says in these little interviews will change that sentiment.

Advertisement

sigh richt

sigh sigh sigh

54% and 14int's says otherwise

I don't believe he thought he had legitimate options last year and certainly not with Evan. What he did has that clearly Rosier was missing wide open guys against Pitt and that the protection was there. I think he is attributing the other problems with a breakdown in protection. I'm not sure Wisconsin had an answer if Richards and Herndon were near 100%. Those were huge losses.

I do agree with you in the sense that if neither Perry nor Williams close the gap this fall, then it is **** or high water with Rosier. I think either one or both close the gap however. Then it comes down to experience. We shall see.

Sorry bro. I completely disagree. I don't give a ratz *** about all the coach speak. Richts frustrations and decisions last year were all I needed to see to know that Rosier aint starting this year.

Richt is keeping this close to the vest and pushing everyone by not letting anyone think they have the job outright. All of these QBs are going to grind their azzez off all the way through fall because of it.

I choose this reality.

Advertisement

Hope you are right. But man was that difficult to watch Richt. He was almost gleaming with how Rosier did.

I don't believe he thought he had legitimate options last year and certainly not with Evan. What he did has that clearly Rosier was missing wide open guys against Pitt and that the protection was there. I think he is attributing the other problems with a breakdown in protection. I'm not sure Wisconsin had an answer if Richards and Herndon were near 100%. Those were huge losses.

I do agree with you in the sense that if neither Perry nor Williams close the gap this fall, then it is **** or high water with Rosier. I think either one or both close the gap however. Then it comes down to experience. We shall see.
Gonna be a fun Fall camp if both of those guys close the distance. I will agree with @Canezum5 on this one thing though, and screenshot this because it'll probably never happen again, but if Malik does win the job and Richt really does feel that Malik plays best when somebody's on his *** pushing, I want that leash to be so short...you know what...**** a leash. I want Rick to have one hand on that ponytail ready to snatch his *** out the game at a moment's notice.

You will all be better off taking Richt at his word instead of reading into his words like he isn't a straight shooter. People tried to read into everything he said last spring to convince themselves that it was Perry's job to lose. When Richt stops saying Rosier needs to be pushed as if he isn't out in front that is when things will have changed.

Advertisement
@Loose Cannon guess you were right I forgot where you posted it but I guess richt wants to roll with Malik because he runs his system the best but he does his best when there's competition behind and it's not like shirrefs is behind him so that's a good sign
Thanks for stepping up with that, but it's not about being right or wrong. There's a lot of practice left between now and September, and I took nothing away from that interview that suggests that Richt thinks, or even want's anybody else to think that Rosier's job is safe or his lead insurmountable. All I've ever tried to maintain is that throwing the football isn't all there is to playing QB, and it isn't the only thing that will be considered. That doesn't mean that the other guys can't develop and get better in the areas that Rosier is ahead. In fact, I'd say they have the easier road to taking the job than Rosier has protecting it due to the young guys athletic superiority. They just need to live in the film room to learn the ins and outs of why a QB reads what he reads and why he makes line adjustments, and work on being consistent with fundamentals. If Rosier has that part down as well as Richt seems to be telling us, what else can he really do to maintain his lead? Sure he can work on his mechanics and accuracy, but how much can he really get better? I guess we'll see.

Advertisement
Back