post practice 4/17/18

Forgive me if this has already been posted, I have not been able to work my way though the thread yet. Long. F'ucking. Day. F'uck work!!!

Now that I've gotten that out the way, did anyone else catch what Homer's response to a question about him being a leader? If not, I recommend re-watching it. The **** is hilarious. He said, " in the past, I wasn't really a vocal leader, and I'm still not..."

That's some funny ****! Thank you Homer, if you're reading. This lame, still at work guy, needed a good laugh.

Advertisement
I can't wait til this season has come and gone just like you 2 dumbazzes once this man- bun wearing *** ***** the bed and you dig deep into your empty football intel account to come up with why she didn't succeed after being rose-pedaled the job. CMR is suppose to be a qb guru of evaluation and development but starts a clown 2 yrs that no other P5 wanted. Its not like he has proven the naysayers wrong or showed any growth. CMR has clearly lost his freaking mind. You will here excuse after excuse as to why he thought "this was the right move at the time but it just didn't go the way i planned it...blah blah bs" that **** said there would be a competition and the pastor lied.
IT'S ONLY APRIL!

I don't believe that. Richt isn't going to pull him unless he absolutely has to & just throwing picks in a game won't be enough. Richt said in that video the only game where Malik couldn't hit his targets was Pitt. That to me lets me know he doesn't really care if Malik didn't play well in several other games because we won, Va Tech for example.

That's what I was alluding to in some of my comments yesterday, Richt is sticking with Rosier no matter what, because if he benches him too quick it defeats the purpose of starting him in the first place.

Richt knows better than I do & I have no problem being wrong. If he thinks Rosier gives us the best chance to win then I'm fine with that, I hope he's right. But I don't see any of the other QB's playing a lick this season, except for maybe late 4th quarter vs Savannah St. & maybe FIU.

The QB competition is for QB2, not for the starter.
Slight wager?

Since you're advocating a bunch of "what if's", I'll play along for what if's sake. "What if" CMR starts Perry against LSU and their defense overwhelms him? Does CMR pull him for the RsSr? What does that do to Perry's confidence? "What if" Perry starts against LSU and he manages to get through relatively unscathed (probably thanks to our defense) and continues to start, but at some point he sucks and gets pulled for the RsSr? What does that do to his confidence? On top of that, would the RsSr even be a viable option at any point after he was benched for RsFr?
Im not playing your game CMR just set this program back after restoring the momentum. 1 step forward and 2 steps backwards with a decision dealing with something(qbs) he's suppose to be an expert in. BullSnit, have fun looking stupid in interviews when you're getting repeatedly asked, " why didn't you make the change at qb, why are you so insistent on trying to make something out of nothing?"
Don't get offended by me cause i want to see our best against any others best, cause i want to be great again amongst the elite. Even with a weak *** schedule, this freaking misfit will find a way to lose 5 games. Defense on the field all day cause man-bun took another sack or the receiver came 2yds short bc the ball was low, behind, or in heavy traffic.

Advertisement
Im not playing your game CMR just set this program back after restoring the momentum. 1 step forward and 2 steps backwards with a decision dealing with something(qbs) he's suppose to be an expert in. BullSnit, have fun looking stupid in interviews when you're getting repeatedly asked, " why didn't you make the change at qb, why are you so insistent on trying to make something out of nothing?"
Don't get offended by me cause i want to see our best against any others best, cause i want to be great again amongst the elite. Even with a weak *** schedule, this freaking misfit will find a way to lose 5 games. Defense on the field all day cause man-bun took another sack or the receiver came 2yds short bc the ball was low, behind, or in heavy traffic.
Not offended my man. Just a lively discussion. I totally respect your passion for our Canes. I want the same as you do - a return of the U to it's rightful place.

I
My point remains that when you have a senior (let alone redshirt senior) incumbent starting QB, you aren't benching him for a freshman QB absent an injury to the senior. And it ain't just because the senior is better.

Still waiting on you to provide an example of a redshirt senior incumbent starting QB getting benched for a freshman. Why do I get the feeling I'll keep waiting?

You can wait until he’ll freezes over. I’m not wasting my time doing an internet search trying to find something that’s irrelevant,

Feel free to do so if you like.

Instead of responding to my very clear and logical response that the best coach in college football starts the quarterback he thinks gives him the best chance to win, including in the NC game, you tell me to go do an internet search.

Go ahead: refute that Saban doesn’t play the QB he thinks gives him the best chance to win. Hey, and guess what, when he saw that guy wasn’t giving him the best chance to win, he put in the other guy.

The bottom line: these guys put in the guy they think wins the game for them, they don’t follow some u pnwritten bullshlt code about seniors. They are too ego driven to have their legacies determined by that. They want to win.

So what you're telling us fans is that a 3 and out king with a limited skillset, who benefited from a boat load turnovers last season is going to give us the best chance to win. You keep restating it over and over.

Let me ask you a very simple question since you want to keep repeating yourself. What if we don't win? How does the theory of the "vet whose mastered the playbook but still looks a mess" better equip us to win over the "much talented but not well versed guy." Oh plan B, put in the guy who got lil to no reps with the 1st team and lets see if he can go make a play and give us a spark.
Im still trying to understand how is this guy the safe pick? If im going to spend Saturdays pulling my hair out and grunting my teeth, it will be with talent and upside oppose to a 5th yr "can't get right"

You seem to be easily confused.

Tighten it up.

I was talking about Saban and Hurts.

Also, you don’t really seem to grasp my argument.

Read this a few times, maybe you’ll finally get it.

A football coach starts the quarterback the football coach thinks gives him the best chance to win. The football coach normally determines who the starter is by his performance in practice, including his ability to understand and implement the playbook.

My personal opinion is basically irrelevant. Rick says Rosier is ahead right now and I believe him.

Does that mean he’ll be the guy come August - I don’t know.

Go ahead and pull your hair out now, if that how you do.

I

You can wait until he’ll freezes over. I’m not wasting my time doing an internet search trying to find something that’s irrelevant,

Feel free to do so if you like.

Instead of responding to my very clear and logical response that the best coach in college football starts the quarterback he thinks gives him the best chance to win, including in the NC game, you tell me to go do an internet search.

Go ahead: refute that Saban doesn’t play the QB he thinks gives him the best chance to win. Hey, and guess what, when he saw that guy wasn’t giving him the best chance to win, he put in the other guy.

The bottom line: these guys put in the guy they think wins the game for them, they don’t follow some u pnwritten bullshlt code about seniors. They are too ego driven to have their legacies determined by that. They want to win.
Here's the problem with your argument: Jalen Hurts was the starter in camp for Bama before Tagovailoa hurt his hand. This year. So why would Saban realize that Tagovailoa gave him the best chance to win a national championship, which you stated above and which I wholeheartedly agree with, and yet Saban reverts to having Hurts be the starter right now?

Yes, the coach always wants to win, but coaches also don't want guys transferring. They don't want leadership lost and they don't want to put all their eggs in one basket. See, if you start Rosier and he flops, you simply go to Perry or Williams. But I contend that if you start Perry or Williams, the Rosier experiment is over for better or worse. You can't bench the freshman for a redshirt senior after giving him the nod. That type of merry-go-round with the QBs could destroy a young QBs confidence. And if you start Jarren Williams before Perry gets to be starter, why in the world would Perry stay around? There are politics at play in football just like there are politics at play in the workplace.

Advertisement
Here's the problem with your argument: Jalen Hurts was the starter in camp for Bama before Tagovailoa hurt his hand. This year. So why would Saban realize that Tagovailoa gave him the best chance to win a national championship, which you stated above and which I wholeheartedly agree with, and yet Saban reverts to having Hurts be the starter right now?

Yes, the coach always wants to win, but coaches also don't want guys transferring. They don't want leadership lost and they don't want to put all their eggs in one basket. See, if you start Rosier and he flops, you simply go to Perry or Williams. But I contend that if you start Perry or Williams, the Rosier experiment is over for better or worse. You can't bench the freshman for a redshirt senior after giving him the nod. That type of merry-go-round with the QBs could destroy a young QBs confidence. And if you start Jarren Williams before Perry gets to be starter, why in the world would Perry stay around? There are politics at play in football just like there are politics at play in the workplace.

Are you talking about Bama this camp, I don’t follow them that closely. And if you are, my example is from last year, I’m not about to start talking about Alabama’s camp situation this year, I just don’t give enough fūcks about them to use one kcal of energy burn on a single brain cell thinking about what they’re doing now.

Man....some of our members comprehension skills are off 5he charts!!
CMR's interview said nothing about who starts when, and who won't play,and who will!! He just told perry, and Williams how to take the starting job! He clearly stated what is separating them...translation.."this is what you need to fix to see the field".
At least that's the only solid info I got!

So exactly what everyone predicted was going to happen happened (Rosier would hold onto the top spot through spring), and all the goofy conspiracy theorists are out in full spring bloom like daffydils? LOL.

Perry has another 40% pinpoint throwing exhibition in a game of touch football, and Ricky was supposed to hand him the job? Williams got here 3 weeks ago and rightfully started practice on the 4th team throwing to water boys, and Ricky was supposed to hand him the job?

Let it play out. Rick might not choose the right guy because humans are flawed and make mistakes. But he will absolutely choose the guy that he THINKS will give us the best chance to win right now. And that’s his job. This ain’t the developmental league.

So exactly what everyone predicted was going to happen happened (Rosier would hold onto the top spot through spring), and all the goofy conspiracy theorists are out in full spring bloom like daffydils? LOL.

Perry has another 40% pinpoint throwing exhibition in a game of touch football, and Ricky was supposed to hand him the job? Williams got here 3 weeks ago and rightfully started practice on the 4th team throwing to water boys, and Ricky was supposed to hand him the job?

Let it play out. Rick might not choose the right guy because humans are flawed and make mistakes. But he will absolutely choose the guy that he THINKS will give us the best chance to win right now. And that’s his job. This ain’t the developmental league.

Amazing.

In another thread, you have porsters literally bltchlng like menstruating fifteen yr old teenage girls, talking about flying banners, already predicting an LSU loss, and we haven’t even had our first summer practice.

Grown men acting like like over emotional high pitched screeching females, and they don’t even see it in themselves.

Super emotional depressed panicky bītchassedness

Advertisement

So then explain why Nick Saban felt Hurts was not the right guy to win a national championship and Tagovailoa was (which proved true), but now the very next season with no intervening games in between, he suddenly feels Hurts is once again the guy who should start?

You honestly don't think seniority has anything to do with that? The fact he doesn't want Hurts to transfer? The fact Hurts brings leadership and other qualities that - although they would not have translated to a win in the national championship -- they benefit the team?

At the end of the day, I don't care who wins as long as he's the best QB on the roster. I simply question if CMR has the cojones to do that which no one on this board can cite a single example of: redshirt senior incumbent starting QB getting benched for the opener in favor of a freshman (injury/discipline aside). Never been done before and it's myopic to think that in the history of CFB it was invariably because the redshirt senior QB was "better".

Side question for anyone that knows, but when do Summer workouts start? I think we'll also know a lot about our future QB's abilities by who's out there leading 7 on 7s and organizing practice sessions... I'd be really interested in keeping an eye on that.

We all know what hes going to say. Hes trying to downplay the competition aspects and alleviate pressure if possible. People can choose what they believe to. I know better. If they continue to improve best case for malik is a short leash & sharing time

In all fairness you thought you knew better at this time last year too. You made predictions. They weren't correct. I know the site doesn’t operate without people voicing their opinions but let’s not pretend anyone has any real insight about how Richt handles his QBs.

He’s been pretty straight up since he’s been here on the position. In fall camp last year he talked a lot about handling the pressure of being the starting QB at Miami. Openly talking about Rosier operating better when he’s pushed doesn’t sound like someone interested in alleviating pressure.

Advertisement
Side question for anyone that knows, but when do Summer workouts start? I think we'll also know a lot about our future QB's abilities by who's out there leading 7 on 7s and organizing practice sessions... I'd be really interested in keeping an eye on that.

Official practice start August 1.

Before that is all voluntary, is it not?

But in any event, this is what I have been saying all along. Spring practice ends in 3 days. From this weekend until August 1, Perry and Williams have an opportunity to go into warrior mode to change their lives.

It’s a once in a lifetime opportunity. That’s what I would tell them. They pretty much have to do it on their own. NCAA rules. Let’s see who wants it. If nobody takes charge, then it’s Rosier for sure.

Yes it's voluntary, that's why I'm really interested in seeing which QB does the most "volunteering" this summer.

If you had your tuition paid for, your books, your food, your room and board, your gear, your clothes, spending money, access to the best medical and athletic facilities around, and five months free time with just a couple of easy classes, let me ask you, what would YOU DO WITH THAT TIME?

Knowing full well that if you went full on spartan warrior mode for the next few months you could set yourself up to challenge and be the starting QB for one of the storied P5 programs of all time?

Rosier can be beat if either of these guys works hard enough. I’m convinced of it.

If they don’t, they didn’t use their time effectively.

In all fairness you thought you knew better at this time last year too. You made predictions. They weren't correct. I know the site doesn’t operate without people voicing their opinions but let’s not pretend anyone has any real insight about how Richt handles his QBs.

He’s been pretty straight up since he’s been here on the position. In fall camp last year he talked a lot about handling the pressure of being the starting QB at Miami. Openly talking about Rosier operating better when he’s pushed doesn’t sound like someone interested in alleviating pressure.
What i said last year was because i knew who was being tabbed as our next qb & he was a mommas boy who ran rather than accept criticism(much like kayaa) i did also say that malik got alot better from spring to fall last year. That being said i was never one that said the job was nkosi. Nkosi was far too gone to be able to acclimate himself to so much in so little time & be able to get richts trust at the same point. Once jack was gone i hoped nkosi would win it whether i said so or not. Regardless nothing anyone says is the gospel. Reality is things change from day to day & until lsu comes nothing is set in stone. Ive certainly been incorrect with my opinions before. Just because you or i or god knows who feels a set way it doesnt make it relevant. People cant respect that then theres no point in reading peoples comments on a board. My time here is coming to an end regardless. I agree how it sounds though.

Advertisement
Back