Post from a TOS poster

Makes perfect sense with Randy following all the current players on Twitter.

Any truth to the rumor about Butch bringing in Curtis Johnson to run the offense with Dorsey?

God I hope not. Johnson can't tie his own shoes. Have you seen Tulane's offense the last 2 years?

Last edited:
Advertisement
First, you don't make big announcements during thanksgiving, it's a press dead time.

Second vette is is a fraud.

Well, I hope it's true.....we'll find out soon enough....

I can not verify this but a poster on TOS has stated he knows one of the 8 guys the U contacted before they named the 3 bot members on the search committee. He says Butch has already met with Blake twice and that he has support of big donors with promise of more donations to come.There has also been tremendous feedback for Butch from the fans,alumni and students.That he will be announced as head coach during Thanksgiving .This does jive with recent reports of Paul Dimare and Schwarz (Schwarz Center) backing Butch. Again I can't confirm this but this is a long time poster with no history of fabrication.

Who will he pick for OC?

I would really like to see Eddie Gran. Dorsey scares me. Eddie Gran with Dorsey.. that would be ideal, but one or the other is more likely, and I would be pretty confident in getting either to come here.

Really hard to look at Gran's resume and not think he's perfect for the job. Especially under Butch, not known for great offenses.

If we're spending less than the $4 mill, and we should be if it's Butch, I'd rather get Doug Meacham. Gran's not a bad alternative.

Butch is pretty stubborn about the type of offense he wants to run. I doubt you'd see a Meacham type or even Gran.

Advertisement
Ferman deleted (Ferminated) the thread. Could be its too close too home or he thinks its fabricated. Time will tell. I would think he wouldnt want the administration mad at him if he stole their thunder.

Butch will be there for the taking in late December or early January....if this info is true it's just another example in the long list of how incompetent our ****ing administration is.

It's not that Butch is a horrible hire...it's that how do you come to a final determination/decision without at least waiting to see what shakes out from the NFL fallout? What if Chip Kelly gets fired? What if someone like a Hue Jackson is interested? The what if's go on forever...

The point is Butch has been unemployed and has waited this long.....why the **** rush into the decision now?

The NFL season ends way too late to wait and see what shakes out. Michigan could wait because they already knew who was their guy. With college coaches I'm sure there have been behind the scenes conversations to gauge interest. Why do you hire him now? To get recruiting moving and so that he could be on the scene during those December bowl practices.

Advertisement
With no sanctions, the talent that we have, and Butch's ability to identify, recruit and develop talent, his floor here is 9-10 wins. Over a five year period I would bet we win an average of 10-10.5 games per year with a playoff appearance or two in there.

Also, please go back and look at how he did at Miami. Take out the first three years where he had real ******* sanctions (unlike the bull**** cloud we had with Al), and he won basically 10 games on average. He also went 7-6 against ranked opponents. This happened coming off sanctions. ****, Al had a worse overall record last year, not just against ranked opponents.

This is a very safe hire. Worse case we become perennial 10 win program and compete for an ACC championship every year.

Advertisement
Butch will be there for the taking in late December or early January....if this info is true it's just another example in the long list of how incompetent our ****ing administration is.

It's not that Butch is a horrible hire...it's that how do you come to a final determination/decision without at least waiting to see what shakes out from the NFL fallout? What if Chip Kelly gets fired? What if someone like a Hue Jackson is interested? The what if's go on forever...

The point is Butch has been unemployed and has waited this long.....why the **** rush into the decision now?

The NFL season ends way too late to wait and see what shakes out. Michigan could wait because they already knew who was their guy. With college coaches I'm sure there have been behind the scenes conversations to gauge interest. Why do you hire him now? To get recruiting moving and so that he could be on the scene during those December bowl practices.

Doesn't matter...in this particular case the risk is FAR outweighed by the possible reward.

Chip Kelly would be a grandslam......there is simply not one name that has been floated as a candidate at this point that even comes close to representing what that man could do here.

You wait. Period. Butch isn't going anywhere.

I just hope people don't call for Butch's head when he sees that some of the 2016 talent aren't very good if it was to go that way.

Who will he pick for OC?

I would really like to see Eddie Gran. Dorsey scares me. Eddie Gran with Dorsey.. that would be ideal, but one or the other is more likely, and I would be pretty confident in getting either to come here.

Really hard to look at Gran's resume and not think he's perfect for the job. Especially under Butch, not known for great offenses.

If we're spending less than the $4 mill, and we should be if it's Butch, I'd rather get Doug Meacham. Gran's not a bad alternative.

Butch is pretty stubborn about the type of offense he wants to run. I doubt you'd see a Meacham type or even Gran.

Gran was actually in Miami a couple days ago having lunch with **** Vitale. Apparently they go way back. He was supposed to be "recruiting". We all know **** well Cincy doesn't recruit down here. That ***** was meeting with Butch for the OC position.

Advertisement
Cvette is completely full of ****.

He was also PoppaCane on twitter.

Guy is a grade A **********.

Would be a home run hire for sure. The only thing that concerns me is Curtis Johnson mentoring Dorsey. Can't believe there's not a better option there for OC. And...can Shannon install a championship caliber defense within a year or two?

I just hope people don't call for Butch's head when he sees that some of the 2016 talent aren't very good if it was to go that way.

Who will he pick for OC?

Gran was actually in Miami a couple days ago having lunch with **** Vitale. Apparently they go way back. He was supposed to be "recruiting". We all know **** well Cincy doesn't recruit down here. That **** was meeting with Butch for the OC position.

Cincinnati most definitely recruits Miami. They have quite a bit of players on their roster from Miami. Gran is the main recruiter down there as well. Their running back that gave us fits is from Southridge.

Advertisement
Back