Post from a TOS poster

sabrose

Sophomore
I can not verify this but a poster on TOS has stated he knows one of the 8 guys the U contacted before they named the 3 bot members on the search committee. He says Butch has already met with Blake twice and that he has support of big donors with promise of more donations to come.There has also been tremendous feedback for Butch from the fans,alumni and students.That he will be announced as head coach during Thanksgiving .This does jive with recent reports of Paul Dimare and Schwarz (Schwarz Center) backing Butch. Again I can't confirm this but this is a long time poster with no history of fabrication.

Advertisement
When Butch Davis is announced as head coach of the U, I'm gonna get drunk........ Happy days are here again

Am I supposed to be happy? For 2 years I wanted Butch, but now a lot of respected posters are saying it wouldn't be a good hire. Guysm, I'm hurt, I'm confused, and I don't know what to think.

Advertisement
I would be disappoint as it would indicate the search committee possibly didn't explore every coach they could/should have.

Advertisement
Makes perfect sense with Randy following all the current players on Twitter.

Any truth to the rumor about Butch bringing in Curtis Johnson to run the offense with Dorsey?

Last edited:
When Butch Davis is announced as head coach of the U, I'm gonna get drunk........ Happy days are here again

Wait, we were to suppose to get sober from Al getting fired? Crap, I've had a steady buss ever since then. I am holding an extremely expensive single malt for Butch but "drunk" will be short ride.

Advertisement
if butch is the guy, its a done deal and the search is a formality. i cant help here. i just have conflicting info but like i have said for months, he has a line of communcation and will get consideration.

7654845.gif

Advertisement
The guy that posted this is truly "in the know" of anything UM related. He and one other poster know everything that happens before anything is announced. He said "likely before Thanksgiving".

My guess would be that if it is a done deal, they are going to wait until we are out of the coastal race so basically after one more loss. Or the last game has been played in the regular season to prevent anymore distractions to get in the way of the team.

The poster is well respected and he says the contract arrangements are being finalized for the board to sign and he should be announced after thanksgiving. . But until that happens who knows. The timeline makes sense. Let Larry Scott generate some momentum before announcing Butch.But lots of stuff has sounded good before and not happened.
If the school has been getting so much push for Butch as it appears it makes no sense to delay this past Dec 1. Announcing then gives Davis time to finish up recruiting and save the 2016 class.Its likely any interest from other coaches has already been checked out. Every day during recruiting period counts. Lets face it Strong is not looking very good at Texas. The big money guys at highly successful programs aren't likely coming and Herman and Fuentes are gambles. Chud just took the OC job at Indy and no way Schiano is hired over Butch. Butch will likely share the wealth with coordinators so our whole staff could be upgraded.

Advertisement
Back