Post from a TOS poster

Advertisement
I just hope people don't call for Butch's head when he sees that some of the 2016 talent aren't very good if it was to go that way.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Who will he pick for OC?

I would really like to see Eddie Gran. Dorsey scares me. Eddie Gran with Dorsey.. that would be ideal, but one or the other is more likely, and I would be pretty confident in getting either to come here.

Really hard to look at Gran's resume and not think he's perfect for the job. Especially under Butch, not known for great offenses.

Am I supposed to be happy? For 2 years I wanted Butch, but now a lot of respected posters are saying it wouldn't be a good hire. Guysm, I'm hurt, I'm confused, and I don't know what to think.

I'm in the camp, that I think we should wait it out.. I think Butch is cool, but I was not impressed with what he did at North Carolina.... Miami very impressive, but north carolina not so much.

1386280594496.gif

I just hope people don't call for Butch's head when he sees that some of the 2016 talent aren't very good if it was to go that way.

Huh? The 2016 class has nothing but studs. The majority of that class is severly underrated. Check their stats this year. If anything, you'll see more elite kids brought in. I doubt he lets any of them go. Now players that are already on the team, is a different story. I have a feeling Gall will be the first one out.

Advertisement
I tend to agree with Franchise regarding CaneVett not being an insider.

I've been on the CaneSport for years as well. I know a lot of people tonight are saying he is credible poster, but I don't remember it that way. Seemed like he was always throwing crap against the wall. Always talking about 40 times and trolling FSU fans on the rivals main board.

Butch will be there for the taking in late December or early January....if this info is true it's just another example in the long list of how incompetent our ******* administration is.

It's not that Butch is a horrible hire...it's that how do you come to a final determination/decision without at least waiting to see what shakes out from the NFL fallout? What if Chip Kelly gets fired? What if someone like a Hue Jackson is interested? The what if's go on forever...

The point is Butch has been unemployed and has waited this long.....why the **** rush into the decision now?

Advertisement
Who will he pick for OC?

I would really like to see Eddie Gran. Dorsey scares me. Eddie Gran with Dorsey.. that would be ideal, but one or the other is more likely, and I would be pretty confident in getting either to come here.

Really hard to look at Gran's resume and not think he's perfect for the job. Especially under Butch, not known for great offenses.

If we're spending less than the $4 mill, and we should be if it's Butch, I'd rather get Doug Meacham. Gran's not a bad alternative.

I tend to agree with Franchise regarding CaneVett not being an insider.

I've been on the CaneSport for years as well. I know a lot of people tonight are saying he is credible poster, but I don't remember it that way. Seemed like he was always throwing crap against the wall. Always talking about 40 times and trolling FSU fans on the rivals main board.

Doing it from the comforts of his private jet too

Am I supposed to be happy? For 2 years I wanted Butch, but now a lot of respected posters are saying it wouldn't be a good hire. Guysm, I'm hurt, I'm confused, and I don't know what to think.

I'm in the camp, that I think we should wait it out.. I think Butch is cool, but I was not impressed with what he did at North Carolina.... Miami very impressive, but north carolina not so much.

There's a difference in UNC and Miami. Yes, he had NFL players on that roster but they were guys like Greg Little that didn't really end up as good as everyone thought. Yes, Robert Quinn was a great player. But, there were no Willis McGahee, Andre Johnson, Ed Reed, or Santana Moss's on that roster, no big time offensive play makers. He can win quick with Kaaya ready to go next year.

If Butch can keep the actual big name talents in Sfla home, unlike the last several years, he will have more fire power on offense than he ever could have had at UNC. That should take care of the offensive woes, taking the pedestrian offenses at UNC to being at least good at Miami, if not great. He had TJ Yates at QB, he was solid, but nothing great either.

I've been wanting Butch back for several years now, now that it is almost a reality, I'm kind of where you are. Thinking about his UNC days and them not being very impressive, and I'm actually starting to have doubts. But I'll never be mad at this hire, I think Butch deserves the opportunity to win a NCG at UM. He built the team that won it and never got to live it out. I'll give him the chance

Advertisement
Back