Pope / Wiggins

Advertisement
Please tell us how pushing Wiggins and Pope out will open up any additional Initial Counters.

I'll wait...
I can care less if we lose spots and can't recoup them. They are bums and aren't worthy to milk our system for playing time, practice reps or starting positions. But, if manure trots them out there, I will support it. He's putting his name in their hands (to which they probably will drop it anyways)

Advertisement
I've watched way too many years of 4 and 5 Star receivers here at the U not perform or develop and consistently drop passes in big games and pressure situations. They do not seem to have the heart or the mind set to go up and fight to get the ball like our ex-receivers Andre Johnson's and Santana Moss to name a couple. In recent years when we had a 50/50 ball the defense wins every time, wide open receivers on deep balls almost always drop it, when our QR scrambles and throws a non-scripted pass the receivers do not come back to the ball to help him like all our opponents. We need to recruit receivers with attitude and heart, not just big numbers of stars and then coach them up like all the supposedly lower teams teams I watched during the bowl season.

I'm not talking about our Tight Ends who year after year are under utilized in our offensive scheme but still build a resume of work that gets them to the NFL after their junior year or red shirt junior and then they thrive in the NFL with some real coaching and a weight/conditioning program to make them fill out like the 5th year seniors we consistently play against in the ACC.

I think we are headed in the right direction with our offense but am hoping the portal transfers and underclassman make the receiver room more competitive and the coaches reward the best player that week regardless of their recruitment Stars or year group with the playing time. Quit coddling receivers who are dropping passes (Manny against OK State) and put their butts on the sideline to watch the next man up who wants to get his prime time playing experience at the "U". May the best man win or don't let the hit the transfer portal hit you in the ***!

Brah them exit interviews after the season use to have football players that were marginal holding there ***. They are 1 year renewable. But Um have alot of guys who put in work graduate around this time or if they are close wont drop em.

I personally think both should stay...iron sharpens iron. Either they step up and provide for what they actually are.,..which are good role players and #3 type wideouts or lose reps to younger guys.
Strong Omar Rolle and Magic Benton flashbacks with these 2.

Advertisement
1701491282518.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Might get a cup of coffee in the NFL… best shot to make some money and stick will be in whatever spring league is running like the XFL… USFL whichever one is still going I can’t keep up

Advertisement
Back