Pope / Wiggins

Some may agree and some may not but with the Rambo move to me this is Lashlee telling them both it’s in your best interest to go to the portal. Thanks for coming. This is just me. No insider info.

Harley and Rambo plus I see maybe Smith being the other staring wr next year.
No room for 2 inconsistent jr WRs.
Thoughts?

wiggins yes. See ya! If Pope wants to stay in a reserve role then I have no problem with that. He improved some this year. But his drops and inconsistency are maddening.

Advertisement
Some may agree and some may not but with the Rambo move to me this is Lashlee telling them both it’s in your best interest to go to the portal. Thanks for coming. This is just me. No insider info.

Thoughts?
Pope and wiggins still play over rambo. I kid i kid. Hope manny aint that dumb

Try out cb for your second junior years or transfer out. If they’re willing it’d be good for numbers.

My exact thoughts and we are in agreement on who will start next year.
Players got to put in the work if they want to succeed at this level and and even more work to succeed at the next level. They need to make up their minds if they want it to give everything they got and really commit to that. Who ever wants it more is going to win. They should be hitting the hard core training right now. Harley came around with his hard work and players in the past have done it during the off season.

Showing up with natural ability will only get to so far. Look at Tom Brady who was over looked by everyone and barley got into Michigan, had to struggle to keep his job beating out a much better athlete. Just barley got into the NFL as an after thought but out worked everyone. Almost 80k yards later and 6 Superbowl rings.

These kids have the opportunity and cannot let it slip away.

Advertisement
I just don't want to lose any incoming Fresh or current Fr Soph WR's because we keep playing two players who can't catch. My only concern.
This. I’d prefer Pope and Wiggins to stay as competition/depth, but deep down inside I feel like if they’re on the roster, it also means they’re taking too many snaps from others.

Depth is what separates the elite programs from the good programs.

This is correct, but depth isn't just having guys. It's having guys with experience. What happens when a starter blows a knee is the next man comes in and gets snaps, and we realize we're playing for 2023, not 2021.

I would've benched Pope and Wiggins early in the season. If we can't win the games with the guys behind them that we could win with them, we're in worse shape than we all think, and we deserve to lose. That said, I'd MUCH rather have gone 7-4 if it meant meaningful snaps for the youth at WR in favor of guys who clearly don't get it snaps they really don't deserve.

Thoughts?
Rick Ross Agree GIF

Advertisement
This. I’d prefer Pope and Wiggins to stay as competition/depth, but deep down inside I feel like if they’re on the roster, it also means they’re taking too many snaps from others.
I usually agree on the depth thing, but we need to play Redding and Smith and see what we got there. Pope and Wiggins have had their shot and they are what they are...not good enough to get us where we need to go. Same with Payto... 2 years of talk and no production. At some point we need to play the other kids and see what they got. And if we didn't do well with Restrepo and Warsham, then we need to know and move on to this year's class. No more wasting most of the reps on Pope and Wiggins.

What kind of competition can they provide if they are notorious slackers on the practice field (putting in extra work) and in the film room? Cmon man, enough is enough. When Harley came out with that statement that unintentionally through 6/8 under the bus, that was a wrap for them. Only saving grace for them is all the young guns were battling covid protocols all year long.

Advertisement
If I told my church tomorrow, “Hey I can no longer preach on the Lord’s Day, they would tell me to find another job. It’s not unreasonable for UM staff to tell Wiggins and Pope, since you can’t catch as WRs, you need to find another job.

Thoughts?
i disagree entirely. most teams have depth at WR. we had nothing. We needed more guys and more competition. whoever steps up will get the majority of snaps but there’s plenty of opportunity for multiple guys.

this fan base always ignores depth and thinks 2 guys at a position means we’re good to go.

Advertisement
Maybe someone can answer this, I know Miami has always boasted about honoring 4 year degrees for Football Student Athletes. However, when I played they were 1 year renewable. With that, do we ever tell a kid, they are probation and they either need to step up or step out? Or do we say, come to the U, get a degree. Because if it is the latter that could explain some of the complacency that seem to plague teams over the years.
Brah them exit interviews after the season use to have football players that were marginal holding there ***. They are 1 year renewable. But Um have alot of guys who put in work graduate around this time or if they are close wont drop em.

I personally think both should stay...iron sharpens iron. Either they step up and provide for what they actually are.,..which are good role players and #3 type wideouts or lose reps to younger guys.

Maybe someone can answer this, I know Miami has always boasted about honoring 4 year degrees for Football Student Athletes. However, when I played they were 1 year renewable. With that, do we ever tell a kid, they are probation and they either need to step up or step out? Or do we say, come to the U, get a degree. Because if it is the latter that could explain some of the complacency that seem to plague teams over the years.
I believe in 2015 that all Power 5 conferences voted to make all 4-year scholarships guaranteed, or at least not to be revoked for any athletic reason.

Advertisement
Back