Pope / Wiggins

Again, it would be a big hit to the program to have experienced veterans transfer out. What happens when god forbid Rambo or Harley blow a knee out in game 1 or 2. Depth is what separates the elite programs from the good programs. Look at Bama for when Waddle went down and OSU for when Teague, and then Sermon, and the Teague again got hurt. They trotted out more high 4 stars and 5 stars. Those wanting Wiggins and Pope to transfer are don't realize how detrimental that would be.

Advertisement
wiggins is reportedly the fastest WR on the team and has had some success (against FSU...) on deep shot plays down the middle of the field. i think he can still be useful as long as he's asked to do what he's good at as opposed to what he isn't (contested catches outside the numbers)
U must like pain. I’m done watching him drop game changing tds

Wiggins and Pope the ship has sailed on them. With the other wr on the roster who else I could see leaving is Payton.
remaining WR
Harley
Rambo
Smith
Redding
Daz - probably will be dropped lower on the depth chart due to the talent coming in
Romeo
George
Brad Smith.

Advertisement
If anything, this addition better encourage these two WRs to hit the Juggs, and bigtime. I would say that if, at any point throughout their career, the dream of playing in the NFL was fading, it is definitely now.

Both dudes are talented receivers, but if they are not willing to put in the work, our coaches are telling them that they can be replaced.

wiggins is reportedly the fastest WR on the team and has had some success (against FSU...) on deep shot plays down the middle of the field. i think he can still be useful as long as he's asked to do what he's good at as opposed to what he isn't (contested catches outside the numbers)

You and I have different definitions of success.

Advertisement
Not only is he the fastest but he's also the most consistent, dropping atleast a pass a game. If you need a sure handed pass dropped, he's your guy

Iron sharpens iron. It's not rocket science. Message sent loud and clear today to the under performers at the WR position.

I can't say I don't disagree with anything on here.
Rambo and 2nd half of 2020 Harley are our top end threats, followed by the killas from this last class and we SHOULD be set. Pope and Wiggins look to be outside looking in at this point. Boys had a couple of years to establish themselves when they had no competition, hate to see it

Advertisement
So maybe if they don’t do anything in the spring then leave?
Maybe someone can answer this, I know Miami has always boasted about honoring 4 year degrees for Football Student Athletes. However, when I played they were 1 year renewable. With that, do we ever tell a kid, they are probation and they either need to step up or step out? Or do we say, come to the U, get a degree. Because if it is the latter that could explain some of the complacency that seem to plague teams over the years.

Advertisement
Rambo, Brinson, George, Brashard SMith..... If those guys PLUS Keyshawn SMith and Redding with a year of experience don't put pressure on Pope and Wiggins, it will never happen. They will either figure it out or be sitting on the bench. And hopefully Jeremiah Payton comes in with his head on and physically healthy....

If one of them stayed, I'd hope it's Pope. Wiggins is absolutely useless. Pope isn't good, but he's capable of coming off the bench and playing okay.

I can see one or both of them becoming locker room problems if they both are sitting. Idk if I would want to keep them around. Give the younger guys a feeling of opportunity. The younger, probably more talented guys, may see all these receivers in front of them and bounce.
If they fight like they play I imagine everyone in the locker room can kick their ****.

Tough to be a whiny locker room problem when nobody fears you.

jack off please GIF

Advertisement
Back