Poor play

Glad someone brought up the defense. Offense should get killed for that performance, but the defense in that 1st quarter was horrendous.

Those performances where the Toledo, Virginia, North Carolina and Syracuse QB's all looked like Aaron Rodgers weren't coincidence. Another game tonight where the QB started off 10/10 or some bs like that.

Cause our secondary sucks, plain and simple. We knew that before the season. Even Jaquan who is about as instinctual as it gets on the field is slow.
I have to question the secondary sucks excuse. You don't make the Virginia and Pitt QBs and a Clemson QB that came into the game as an average QB look like world beaters. Thats not a talent issue. The offense specifically with the Oline and QB is clearly a talent issue. I don't think you can make the same case for why the defense was so bad today and last week and in many of the first half's of the games we played.

Advertisement
Disappointing. Clemson was more prepared in all three phases. I expected more from the defense. Three-yard losses were two-yard gains.

Before we kill Richt, think about how much he got out of Rosier. Looks like it will be an open battle next year.

Thoughts on the OL, OL depth, and Searels.

OL is fine and will get better. It's hard to run when no one respects your passing game.

OL is fine? C’mon, D. Also hard to run when everyone knows you’re about to run (in 2nd downs particurlry). OL can’t even pass protect against Pitt. Have to disagree with you on this one. This is an issue that needs to be resolved just as much, if not more than the QB. Our playcalling doesn’t help either.

Last edited:
I believe this is our new floor 2 loss coastal champs. We all know what the ceiling could be. Just remember these last 2 years will be out least talented teams.

Exactly we p.ss excellence. The future for us is now. Need QB.

Pretty good summation DMoney. I felt we were out coached as well. I hope our defensive tackles think long and hard before declaring for the NFL draft because they got man handled tonight. Not sure what can be done about our offensive line. I know Gaynor will be able to help us, but I'm not sure of anyone else that will give us an upgrade next year. Rosier can not be the starting QB if we expect to be an effective offense. We've sputtered all year long.

Advertisement
Richt as an OC is handicapping our team. I was at the game and like all season we're predictable. ZERO CREATIVITY

Did you even watch? Seriously, have you seen any of our games? Love Rosier for being a gamer so many times, but he's just not the guy to take us all the way. If Rosier had hit all his open targets I could see blaming the play calling, but I think we all know that's not what happened.

Disappointing. Clemson was more prepared in all three phases. I expected more from the defense. Three-yard losses were two-yard gains.

Before we kill Richt, think about how much he got out of Rosier. Looks like it will be an open battle next year.

OL is fine and will get better. It's hard to run when no one respects your passing game.

Do not agree. I think this is a fallacy that teams are loading the box against us. When I watch the games I see 6 or 7 guys in the box and teams have no problem killing our run game.
Part of it is talent along the OL and the other part is that both Walton and Homer don’t have good vision. Now there maybe a problem with coaching but it’s difficult to determine that. I mean we started a true freshman there this year. Unfortunately when posters bring up any constructive criticism especially when the team is winning they get destroyed. This season has gone better than expected.

I agree. Homer would be a great behind a monster ol that opens holes. He hits the hole hard, is fast and runs with power. But we don't do that. I've always been a big fan of the backs that have great vision and are slippery. The ones that find a way to slither for 5 yards on a 2 yard run and defenders can never seem to get a solid hit on them. Portis was this way. Walton and Homer are homerun or nothing guys. That leads to a lot of third and longs and three and outs. I really like what I've seen from Dallas. He has a knack for finding a hole and going for positive yardage. Wouldn't mind seeing him get a look as first string rb next fall.

Richt as an OC is handicapping our team. I was at the game and like all season we're predictable. ZERO CREATIVITY

Did you even watch? Seriously, have you seen any of our games? Love Rosier for being a gamer so many times, but he's just not the guy to take us all the way. If Rosier had hit all his open targets I could see blaming the play calling, but I think we all know that's not what happened.

I'm not saying our QB play is good but vanilla is how Richt rolls. We're an easy team to gameplay for.

Advertisement
Homer is an excellent back. If he was on Clemson today he would've looked All-World.

There is no more growth for Rosier. Next year will be year 5 for him. Perry needs to start vs LSU. If we trot Rosier out there against LSU's front seven, we will be embarrassed on national television once again.

I'm not saying our QB play is good but vanilla is how Richt rolls. We're an easy team to gameplay for.

And I'm saying we're not executing at a level that brings "vanilla" into play. Tonight is the first time since he's been back at Miami that we might not have won had Rosier just hit the open receivers and had guys just caught what hit their hands.

Richt's play calling may limit us one day, but that day isn't today.

Advertisement

Yes. It's always easy to gameplan for a team whose starting QB is guaranteed to miss wide open WRs all game long.

It's hard to pass when no one respects your run game.

Except WRs were open but Malik missed them

Glad someone brought up the defense. Offense should get killed for that performance, but the defense in that 1st quarter was horrendous.

Those performances where the Toledo, Virginia, North Carolina and Syracuse QB's all looked like Aaron Rodgers weren't coincidence. Another game tonight where the QB started off 10/10 or some bs like that.

Cause our secondary sucks, plain and simple. We knew that before the season. Even Jaquan who is about as instinctual as it gets on the field is slow.
I have to question the secondary sucks excuse. You don't make the Virginia and Pitt QBs and a Clemson QB that came into the game as an average QB look like world beaters. Thats not a talent issue. The offense specifically with the Oline and QB is clearly a talent issue. I don't think you can make the same case for why the defense was so bad today and last week and in many of the first half's of the games we played.
Let agree to disagree then. I for one expect to see a bunch of these guys get beat out by some of the incoming DBs. Diaz requires his safeties to have range and we just don’t have that guy. Our cover corners aren’t good outside of Malek and he is terrible at playing the ball.

Advertisement
We had better hope the committee ***** over OSU, puts bama in the playoff, OSU in the rose bowl against USC and wisconsin in the orange bowl.

We are getting ******* trucked by Bama if we play them.

The way I see it, yes, Clemson is better than us. But there's no excuse to get blown out like that when Syracuse beat This team and several other worse teams played them tougher.

Homer is an excellent back. If he was on Clemson today he would've looked All-World.

I agree but he needs to start lifting this offseason. He's playing way too skinny given his running style.

Advertisement
Back