Poor play

Advertisement
How can anybody fault MR for not beating the #1 team in the country with a team full of underclassmen and a QB that doesn't belong at Miami?

There were open throws to be made, they weren't made.
A couple that were made were dropped. (one of which landed right in a Clemson DB's hands)
Then there were WR's that were open but our OL allowed a simple slant from a D-lineman to confuse them, resulting in a sack.

Clemson has 40 4/5 star players.
Miami has 25.

If Richt gets whooped like that with a full cupboard then we have a problem.

Darling and Donaldson really got abused last night. Donaldson has to lose 25 pounds. Can't just maul at guard or try to do so. You need athleticism there.

Hate to say this about a senior, but Darling has been a disappointment. Weak link on the OL this year.

I'd like to see Gauthier move to LG with Gaynor taking over at C. We were at our best as a power-running team when Gauthier played there in the second half of 2016.

This. Good stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Disappointing. Clemson was more prepared in all three phases. I expected more from the defense. Three-yard losses were two-yard gains.

Before we kill Richt, think about how much he got out of Rosier. Looks like it will be an open battle next year.

Thoughts on the OL, OL depth, and Searels.

That good ol' boy Searels is OVERRATED as an offensive line coach- the dude needs to find another place of destination! For instance, in year two U could argue that the Cane O-line wasn't as good as the 2016 offensive line. hUh.

OL had no problem with VT or ND.

Are they elite? Far from it. The guards are a weak link and we still need to get more physically dominant. Recruiting guys like Scaife, Reed and Gaynor will help.

But 2001 skewed a lot of people’s perceptions. We’ve won titles with less talented OLs. Pitt loaded the box against us every snap and we didn’t have anything in the passing game to keep Clemson’s elite front seven off balance. That is our biggest problem on offense.

The ol was whipped all year , there was a long run here and there but that unit was bad to average majority of the season,

They had issues against freaking Toledo in short yardage. They couldn't blow anyone one off the ball. And alot of those times it was against a seven man box.

As for Nd and Vt we added more designed runs/draws with some scrambles but we ran that to death. Because it actually worked , then teams were expecting it and took it away the next few weeks.

The ol is average at best,luckily we'll have some new blood next year . Maybe a juco too.

What about those Miss. St. offensive line TRANSFERS. Those dudes can abandon their school and WON'T have to red-shirt a season. dUh.

Advertisement
Glad someone brought up the defense. Offense should get killed for that performance, but the defense in that 1st quarter was horrendous.

Those performances where the Toledo, Virginia, North Carolina and Syracuse QB's all looked like Aaron Rodgers weren't coincidence. Another game tonight where the QB started off 10/10 or some bs like that.

I have never seen a coordinator at Miami so excused for having what is a mediocre defense.

It seems Cane good ol' boys give Diaz a free pass because he's from Miami. dUh.:canes1:

So now the Rosier sucking excuse has spread to the ol?

Rosier sucks but he's taking all the heat from Richt and now the ol.

I watched ol get dominated by 7 man fronts , and not get inches against good or bad teams. Consistently. That starting five is average at best , there needs to be changes or we'll continue to struggle. It's weak and soft.

Voila! Average at best is fair take and all that.

This was the 2012 ND game in Chicago.

A couple chances early that weren't capitalized on, and then a total avalanche where we were outclassed in every phase.

That's exactly what I was thinking, too.

The difference is that this is a much better Miami team...and Clemson is also much better than ND was then.

Advertisement
Back