Poor Gunter...

Gunter held it down.. UDFA to starting and playing against one of the top 5 wrs in the league. D$ was spot on with his post

Advertisement
They put Gunter on the other team's best receiver. ODB last week, Dez this week. He's their best corner.

The guy has gone from UDFA to legitimate starter in the NFL.
Yeah he is getting roasted but it will help him in the long haul. To guard those type of receivers without help is a tough task for just about any corner.

How did we lose with a defense that had

DB- Burns- NFL Starter
DB- Howard- NFL starter
DB- Gunter- NFL starter
Nickle- Elder - Future NFL
FS- Bush - NFL starter

I love the fact that Burns and Gunter are starting in the NFL cause it defeats the old "Tracy Howard was ruined by the scheme" theory that all you fvckers on here love to argue with me about.
:monkey-serious:

I love the fact that Burns and Gunter are starting in the NFL cause it defeats the old "Tracy Howard was ruined by the scheme" theory that all you fvckers on here love to argue with me about.

I don't think your gloating makes much sense using Gunter as an example. Gunter is a starting CB in the NFL yet was made to look so bad or the defense was so bad at a school like Miami that he was an undrafted FA. If not for having former Canes in Highsmith and Winston Moss in the organization does he even get a shot there? How much money did the scheme possibly cost him? Tracy Howard spent a full season active in the NFL and started three games. Did you think that was happening after his career at Miami?

Last edited:
Advertisement

Macho, I really enjoy your posts and overall football knowledge, but you gotta let this Tracy Howard thing go. He made it to the league. I think he ended up as a starter. Browns or not, the kid is in the league. One of many who either weren't coached up and/or played in an awful scheme. Good on Tracy.

Go Canes!

It's cool. Just wanted to remind everybody that I was right.

Moving on.

Nothing about your attempt to dislocate your shoulder while patting yourself on the back makes any sense. Howard had a more productive rookie season than Gunter did. IF he makes a similar leap in year two and is starting full-time for the Browns or someplace else I don't think you'll come back in the thread to eat crow but it be like that sometimes.

Last edited:
They put Gunter on the other team's best receiver. ODB last week, Dez this week. He's their best corner.

The guy has gone from UDFA to legitimate starter in the NFL.
Yeah he is getting roasted but it will help him in the long haul. To guard those type of receivers without help is a tough task for just about any corner.

How did we lose with a defense that had

DB- Burns- NFL Starter
DB- Howard- NFL starter
DB- Gunter- NFL starter
Nickle- Elder - Future NFL
FS- Bush - NFL starter

Alfred was out here crashing cars

Advertisement
It's cool. Just wanted to remind everybody that I was right.

Moving on.

Nothing about your attempt to dislocate your shoulder while patting yourself on the back makes any sense. Howard had a more productive rookie season than Gunter did. IF he makes a similar leap in year two and is starting full-time for the Browns or someplace else I don't think you'll come back in the thread to eat crow but it be like that sometimes.

I have 20" biceps. I can't even touch my own shoulder let alone pat myself on the back.

Despite my occasional arrogance I have shown that I have absolutely no problem eating crow. I'll actually serve myself the crow, as I did with Clive Walford a while back.

Until then I will remind you guys (every chance I get) how silly yall sound saying that 5'10" 180lb 4.6 forty Tracy Howard was ruined by a defensive coverage scheme.

Despite my occasional arrogance I have shown that I have absolutely no problem eating crow. I'll actually serve myself the crow, as I did with Clive Walford a while back.

Until then I will remind you guys (every chance I get) how silly yall sound saying that 5'10" 180lb 4.6 forty Tracy Howard was ruined by a defensive coverage scheme.

I'm which you Macho, I wish I was allowed to pat myself on the back because I said the same things about Tracy. I'll wait and use that one on Yearby. lol Calm down Mods I'm just joking with the fellas!!! lol

getting destroyed on national tv, not a good look for UM

Really?? I haven't heard the word "Miami" from either announcers mouth. And do you think bad play by a player who used to play college ball is a direct reflection of that college?? Just can't find the words to describe how stupid your post is and was

There is no other college that is so obsessed with how their former players perform in the NFL.

Advertisement

He was, He actually made that $h!tty *** skeem look better than Burns did. Burns didn't blow up till His Jr. year.

Um not really. Tracy Howard, and lots of other players, would have been much better players had we not been running Dorito's ***** scheme, despite your insistence that it was super totally awesome and amazing.

You think TH would have made a better safety at UM? I think the Browns moved him to FS.

Advertisement
Amazing I get banned by mods for calling out guys tossing dalvin cooks salad on here but they let these trolls come on here and bash UM guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You think TH would have made a better safety at UM? I think the Browns moved him to FS.

I don't know, man. I'm just messing with everybody. In all honesty I don't think Tracy was terrible here. My whole argument has always been that he simply didn't have the physical attributes to live up to his hype. Lacked size, speed and quickness. No scheme was gonna change that. There were PLENTY of times where he was in man coverage and got worked.

Gunter and Burns are doing better right now (IMO) because they're superior athletes and their skill sets translate better to the NFL.

It's really, really bad coaching by the Packers.

Gunter is a good zone CB. He's manned up against an All Pro WR with no help over the top.

He'll be fine though, he's used to being put in positions to fail by his DC.

You nailed it, they've been doing it to him all year. Shields could handle it with his speed and ability, Gunter not so much.

Let's be real here guys. Gunter is only starting because of injuries. He's getting the matchups he is physically better suited than the other guy. But I believe both of their starting cbs have been hurt. Gunter has been abused all year by all WRs. They even said the first game against Dallas he got worked and fez didn't play. Happy for him, but I'm not willing to sit here and act like he's some kind of all pro either.

Same with Tracy he only started when there were lots of injuries. Let's not forget he was a PI waiting to happen while he was here.

Advertisement
Back