Poor Gunter...

Half way through the 3rd Quarter he has 167 yards on 8 receptions. His two best games this year is 300 and 175, so it appears as the NFC Championship Game will be Jones second best game of the year, despite having a bad toe. Gunter is slow and not good enough to start in the NFL.

GB professional scouts disagree w you

Well then they will be fired for having the second worse pass defense in the NFL
https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/opponent-passing-yards-per-game

GB knows they need a better secondary and they know Gunter is not the answer. The proof is in the data. I will wait for you to quote GB scouts saying Gunter is the future. He may be the best they have during this game, but their group sucks.

hes been playigng alot since last year. but they have alot of injuries all year and their #1 sam shields has been hurt all season...along with a bunch of others. They are in the Championship game...so um ya theirnot getting fired anytime soon...and your wrong about Gunter as he is most definately an nfl quality player. He's going against two top 5 wr in back to back weeks...who do this to pretty much EVERYONE. The main problem is....DOM CAPERS defense pllays a sh*t load of man to man covg schemes...to go with the twop deep safety look and that sh*t has been getting ate up all year. And please stop running that....well he's hurt doing this...this is the end of the season every oneis pl;aying hurt...dude wasnt hurt that bad last week. or this week..considering that run after catch.

You didn't read what I wrote. I said he should be backup and backups play in the NFL. Julio practiced one day this week, he is hurt and this is his second best game of the season.

stop that sh*...this is the end of the year...EVERYONE IS HURT...NO one really does any or much practicing at this time. Dude is not that "hurt"....did you see his run after catch? Did you see him run last week. Jordy Nelson looks like a guy thats injured.. aint nothing wrong with Julio Jones. I thought you or maybe some else say he isnt an nfl player. He definately is a back up for the packers or a fringe starter for them...but is a starter for other teams imo.

Advertisement
Lol at these morons trashing Gunter. Julio Jones made all pro DBs look like middle school pop warner athletes. Smh at some of u guys. Be proud that one of our UDFA made a roster and got into a starting role. The guy is being asked to defend the other team's best WRs week in and out. How much confidence has GB shown in this kid to do that? Swear we have some of the most a-holish fans in the game.

when their wrong about a guy...they try their best to find anything to make it seem like their right. They didnt think he would make it to the league so their trashing him because they were wrong. we see the same with Tracy howard as well

That is such a homer response. No one is saying that don't wish Gunter luck, but it's obvious he doesn't have the skill to cover big time receivers. There is nothing wrong with saying he just should probably be a backup.

who tf in the nfl does...the way the game is set up...with the calls being made to the wr's in holding /pass interference, pick plays, etc.
This WAS EXPECTED...but he is an Nfl Starter in certain scheme that is obvious...but his dc does him and the rest of the players no justice...he sucks more than gunter does imo.

Not a homer response..just being real. Gunter was undrafted and has looked better than every cb they have drafted the year he came out and the year after. But im tired of you um fans who do it EVERY year...downgrade our own players in the draft or going to the league and get hype and have envy of some lame *** sec or other teams players...

This thread was about Gunter and I didn't start it. I try and base talent off of results and opinions from multiple sources. I know you know football and I respect that, but you clearly favor players that either played HS football in south Florida or went to UM. I do a lot of work in the Toledo area and talk to Browns fans, yet I haven't made one post in regards to Canes players on that team. This thread is about Gunter and I think it's fair to discuss him.

Lol at these morons trashing Gunter. Julio Jones made all pro DBs look like middle school pop warner athletes. Smh at some of u guys. Be proud that one of our UDFA made a roster and got into a starting role. The guy is being asked to defend the other team's best WRs week in and out. How much confidence has GB shown in this kid to do that? Swear we have some of the most a-holish fans in the game.

when their wrong about a guy...they try their best to find anything to make it seem like their right. They didnt think he would make it to the league so their trashing him because they were wrong. we see the same with Tracy howard as well

That is such a homer response. No one is saying that don't wish Gunter luck, but it's obvious he doesn't have the skill to cover big time receivers. There is nothing wrong with saying he just should probably be a backup.

And this is y I call you "The Hater" of the Admins. That wasn't a homer response, that was a fact. Gunter has been holding his own against the best of the best since he's gotten the nod. He's getting torched by arguably the best WR in the game who is FRESH! Come on, give the dude a break. He and Sam Shields are self made. I don't care if he's a Cane or not. I roll w any UDFA or super late round draft pick who works their way to starting position and are a viable option for a team. Do you know how hard it is to make a 53 man roster, let alone be a starter, let alone being trusted to be thee man against the best of the best? Naw, you don't. Shout out to Hurns, Gunter, Harrison, Doug Williams, Tom Brady and any other player that were told they couldn't make it. I salute.

Gunter was locking Julio Jones down all game. #alternativefacts that said, i really like gunter, he probably should be the number 2 Corner on a contending squad, but it is what it is.

I would be willing to wager that this was the singular worst performance by an NFL corner in the history of the playoffs. My lord he looked terrible. His head was spinning.

If someone would like to post an alternative option, I'd be willing to watch and listen, but he was absolutely atrocious today.

Advertisement
And this is y I call you "The Hater" of the Admins. That wasn't a homer response, that was a fact. Gunter has been holding his own against the best of the best since he's gotten the nod. He's getting torched by arguably the best WR in the game who is FRESH! Come on, give the dude a break. He and Sam Shields are self made. I don't care if he's a Cane or not. I roll w any UDFA or super late round draft pick who works their way to starting position and are a viable option for a team. Do you know how hard it is to make a 53 man roster, let alone be a starter, let alone being trusted to be thee man against the best of the best? Naw, you don't. Shout out to Hurns, Gunter, Harrison, Doug Williams, Tom Brady and any other player that were told they couldn't make it. I salute.

Gunter was only in that position because of injury to other players. Injuries are one big reason GB ranks second to last in pass defense. There is nothing wrong with Gunter having a long career as a backup. Julio Jones has practiced 2 days in the past 2 weeks, he is injured and has missed games and reduced his playing time. The game is over, it is what it is. Like all teams Green Bay has self examination to do. With Shields concussion history and their secondary performance for the year I expect they do something. Gunter is young, so hopefully he stays and has a role with the team. I am a Falcons fan, so I am happy with the results, though I would have preferred it didn't come from a Miami guy getting beat bad. I would have rather Gunter have a great came, it's good and hear the announcers talk about him coming from the U.

Advertisement
Gunter got worked, but he's still their best option. Dude is an undrafted CB who had to cover OBJ, Dez, and Julio back to back to back. It really isn't crazy for him to get whooped on. But don't act like he hasn't had a solid overall season as the GB starter who shadows the oppositions best WR. Is he good enough to guard the best WR in the NFL one on one without help? No. Obviously. Anyone who though he was is an idiot.

Doesn't mean hes destined to only be a backup the rest of his career. But he also will never be a great cb. at best he will be solid and at worst he will be an average backup.

who tf in the nfl does...the way the game is set up...with the calls being made to the wr's in holding /pass interference, pick plays, etc.
This WAS EXPECTED...but he is an Nfl Starter in certain scheme that is obvious...but his dc does him and the rest of the players no justice...he sucks more than gunter does imo.

Not a homer response..just being real. Gunter was undrafted and has looked better than every cb they have drafted the year he came out and the year after. But im tired of you um fans who do it EVERY year...downgrade our own players in the draft or going to the league and get hype and have envy of some lame *** sec or other teams players...

This thread was about Gunter and I didn't start it. I try and base talent off of results and opinions from multiple sources. I know you know football and I respect that, but you clearly favor players that either played HS football in south Florida or went to UM. I do a lot of work in the Toledo area and talk to Browns fans, yet I haven't made one post in regards to Canes players on that team. This thread is about Gunter and I think it's fair to discuss him.

i pretty much go with what i know to be facts. I know the south florida players or have seen them play alot..and its documented that this area produces the most talent. Gunter is not from sfla but played at um. I know his limitations as well. If you have an issue with sf, or um players i think this is the wrong board to be an admin on...and maybe you should ride the sec wave and become a full dawg. And ive known you since the Grassy days...but ya lookin lost Andrew. Your a full sec schill and **** near a um hater.

Other than that...He got TORCHED....and i fully expected that...and won some money off of it. Gunter's confidence was shot since last week...but he still is/was their best option...they are likely npot going to address it in the draft either...as they have drafted alot of cbs the last two drafts...and to be honest Gunter is/looked better than them even before their injuries. Julio Jones is a man child...one of the last guys that i saw high school film and knew exactly what he would be from the jump..he how he looks now looked the same as a under armour all american before getting to Bama. Gunter faced 3 of the top 5 wr's in this league imo. (AJ Green, Antonio Brown) an got broke up a bit. He'll progress imo.

Last edited:

No, actually, what we see on here is...

Certain posters have an opinion that some of our players aren't that good.
Posters who disagree sit aside and wait for one positive thing to happen for that player and they use that to prove the doubters wrong.

Then we have a battle of "I told you so" on here.

If anybody tries their best to find things to make them right it's the other guys, not the doubters.
EXAMPLE: "Ladarius Gunter is starting in the NFL!" but then leave out the fact that it's only due to injuries.
EXAMPLE: "Tracy Howard is on an NFL roster!" but then leave out the fact that he had to be moved to Safety cause he can't play CB and only started at THAT spot a couple times due to injuries.

Then, if you were one of the doubters, you can't continue to argue your opinion because you get labeled a hater that wishes former Canes would flop as opposed to being labeled a realist. Everybody wants to serve crow to each other.

Some UM fans are so obsessed with this "NFL U" **** that they can't just admit when one of our players didn't pan out or isn't good enough to steadily contribute on the next level. That's not a crime! It's okay if some of our players aren't good in the NFL. Their job is to win games at Miami. Doing well in the league is a bonus and something extra to brag about for the fans.

Last edited:
Macho, respectfully, I don't find it revisionist to argue Gunter is the #1 CB for a team that made it all the way to the championships, and had to defend multiple pro-bowl WRs along the way, it classifies him as an NFL-caliber player. If Shields were healthy, he would be #2 . That's not bad for a 2nd-year CB. He's certainly not a marginal player now.

As far as Howard, we ALL knew his limitation in terms of topline speed and burst. We knew he wasn't the 5 star the scouts all claimed, and was being inflated because he was an SEC lean until late in the recruiting cycle. But we also knew he was a local legend and a very capable at the college level who would play on Sundays. And that's what he turned out to be, despite the efforts of the past regime to destroy his career. That was partially accidental due to stupidity, but seemed to become deliberate by the end when Tracey spoke out about Golden's/D'O's schemes.

We aren't seeing the Frank Gores, Andre Johnsons, Antrel Rolles, Sean Taylors any more. So the talent level has dropped, that's a fact. But the Clive Walford, Duke Johnsons, Denzel Perrymans ... and yes, Ladarious Gunters, of recent classes aren't mincemeat. They're still vastly better than the kids coming out of most of the teams we play on Saturdays. Nothing wrong with being proud of them and hoping they take another step in the league.

Advertisement
Macho, respectfully, I don't find it revisionist to argue Gunter is the #1 CB for a team that made it all the way to the championships, and had to defend multiple pro-bowl WRs along the way, it classifies him as an NFL-caliber player. If Shields were healthy, he would be #2 . That's not bad for a 2nd-year CB. He's certainly not a marginal player now.

As far as Howard, we ALL knew his limitation in terms of topline speed and burst. We knew he wasn't the 5 star the scouts all claimed, and was being inflated because he was an SEC lean until late in the recruiting cycle. But we also knew he was a local legend and a very capable at the college level who would play on Sundays. And that's what he turned out to be, despite the efforts of the past regime to destroy his career. That was partially accidental due to stupidity, but seemed to become deliberate by the end when Tracey spoke out about Golden's/D'O's schemes.

We aren't seeing the Frank Gores, Andre Johnsons, Antrel Rolles, Sean Taylors any more. So the talent level has dropped, that's a fact. But the Clive Walford, Duke Johnsons, Denzel Perrymans ... and yes, Ladarious Gunters, of recent classes aren't mincemeat. They're still vastly better than the kids coming out of most of the teams we play on Saturdays. Nothing wrong with being proud of them and hoping they take another step in the league.

the bolded has been my position for some time. Seem as though our own fan base believes in the opposite.

No doubt, I hear you.

But regarding Howard, I'd have to politely disagree with that statement. I don't think our fans knew that. I think the majority of our fans thought he was a legitimate 5-star talent that was completely ruined by our last coaching staff.

Do I think his stock was slightly ruined while he was here? Perhaps. But even if his stock was higher, at the end of the day he's still just a 5'10" CB that runs a 4.6 forty and no scheme can change that.

Once you get to the NFL you have a clean slate to prove yourself. We've seen it with Shields and we're seeing it with Gunter. After you get on an NFL roster you can no longer blame your college scheme. If you can legitimately play then those NFL coaches will put you on the field. And the NFL loves measureables. (see: Artie Burns being drafted in the 1st round)

Advertisement
^ Can't argue with any of that.

But I do believe the last regime put some of these kids in bad situations. Did McCord even make a squad? He had talent but was asked to cover the flats or only come in on rush downs to get doubled by a OT and RB. Chick was 50 pounds too heavy. The whole DL terribly coached by Franklin. I think Porter and Robinson had some talent. The DBs all seemed to do better in the league than on campus. Most of our OL are in the league yet they couldn't swat a fly in many college games

Hopefully, we won't need to debate much longer how well/poorly our coaches are developing players to max out their potential, except maybe at certain position groups where we're not 100% on a given coach (e.g., Rumph and Searels).

Posters who disagree sit aside and wait for one positive thing to happen for that player and they use that to prove the doubters wrong.

If anybody tries their best to find things to make them right it's the other guys, not the doubters.
EXAMPLE: "Ladarius Gunter is starting in the NFL!" but then leave out the fact that it's only due to injuries.
EXAMPLE: "Tracy Howard is on an NFL roster!" but then leave out the fact that he had to be moved to Safety cause he can't play CB and only started at THAT spot a couple times due to injuries.

Then, if you were one of the doubters, you can't continue to argue your opinion because you get labeled a hater that wishes former Canes would flop as opposed to being labeled a realist. Everybody wants to serve crow to each other.

Some UM fans are so obsessed with this "NFL U" **** that they can't just admit when one of our players didn't pan out or isn't good enough to steadily contribute on the next level. That's not a crime! It's okay if some of our players aren't good in the NFL. Their job is to win games at Miami. Doing well in the league is a bonus and something extra to brag about for the fans.

I think everything you post is garbage since you came here talking about your amazing chat with Dorito and how we'd be a top Defense again.

I think everything you post is garbage since you came here talking about your amazing chat with Dorito and how we'd be a top Defense again.

I think you need to get off my d!ck.

i pretty much go with what i know to be facts. I know the south florida players or have seen them play alot..and its documented that this area produces the most talent. Gunter is not from sfla but played at um. I know his limitations as well. If you have an issue with sf, or um players i think this is the wrong board to be an admin on...and maybe you should ride the sec wave and become a full dawg. And ive known you since the Grassy days...but ya lookin lost Andrew. Your a full sec schill and **** near a um hater.

Other than that...He got TORCHED....and i fully expected that...and won some money off of it. Gunter's confidence was shot since last week...but he still is/was their best option...they are likely npot going to address it in the draft either...as they have drafted alot of cbs the last two drafts...and to be honest Gunter is/looked better than them even before their injuries. Julio Jones is a man child...one of the last guys that i saw high school film and knew exactly what he would be from the jump..he how he looks now looked the same as a under armour all american before getting to Bama. Gunter faced 3 of the top 5 wr's in this league imo. (AJ Green, Antonio Brown) an got broke up a bit. He'll progress imo.

The only thing I have ever asked is players as compared fairly and not given labels simply based on where they are born. This board fails when evaluating players not committed to UM or from out of state. It looks like we are going to close pretty good with our current WR class, so whats wrong with asking where it ranks against other teams and doing that while not wearing orange and green glasses? Why is it wrong to ask, how come we don't ever land a top 5 player from GA, AL, SC or MS? We complain when someone leaves and goes to UGA but never ask how come we can't pull a 5 star from GA? I have found when trying to understand what type of recruit we are getting it's best to read CIS and other boards of opposing teams. Often the real talent of the player is somewhere in between. Chad Thomas and Brad Kaaya are not first round talent, and that was obvious 2 years ago, yet at the beginning of this season members of the board still thought so. To be clear I think both of these guys will get looks in the NFL, but I don't see either going before the 1st 3 rounds.

I am not a hater of UM, I've volunteered thousands of hours on CIS and only cheer for UGA when they play UF, so you won't see be cheer for the dawgs like you suggest.

Advertisement
Back