Poll: Should Manny Be Given 2 More Years?

Poll: Should Manny be given 2 more years as head coach of the Miami Hurricanes?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Taking receipts. Usual suspects so far. Missing a vote from @puertorricane & @AHURT12 for the extension crew. Close vote so far šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

View attachment 160249
IMO, the more fair question would have been whether Manny should be retained for next szn. He is still under contract, and it gives an out to ā€œyesā€ voters that would give him 1 year to prove himself (young talent), but wouldnā€™t give him 2.

For the record, Iā€™d fire him after thanksgiving or after the ACCCG if we make it there. And Iā€™m on record saying I think the best option is a joint statement that Manny is not coming back next szn.

Advertisement
Since @NorthernVirginiaCane thinks that Manny should be given 2 more years as heā€™s a new Head Coach - and he has called me tiresome in this regard - as if he speaks with a majority voice - for taking the position that Blake should be gone and the new AD should deal with making a coaching change - and I believe Manny should be replaced in that process this year - I think itā€™s needed to show the tone of the board so we know whoā€™s tiresome and who isnā€™t. If the board thinks my position is tiresome, Iā€™ll stop. If the board thinks @NorthernVirginiaCane is a troll or a poRster, then let it be shown.

Youā€™re vote is visible, cannot be changed and you have to vote to see the results.
Itll be 99% for firing Saturday 'bout 7pm

Fraggleā€™s probably in the midst of a tense game of shuffleboard right now. Ease up killer.
Or yelling at a cloud.

km_20211108-1_1080p_1.gif

Itll be 99% for firing Saturday 'bout 7pm
If we lose this game, itā€™ll be up there. A couple guys voted for Manny in here as a joke. I expect that a bunch of these guys would either change votes or not vote at all if I run another poll after a loss.

Advertisement
IMO, the more fair question would have been whether Manny should be retained for next szn. He is still under contract, and it gives an out to ā€œyesā€ voters that would give him 1 year to prove himself (young talent), but wouldnā€™t give him 2.

For the record, Iā€™d fire him after thanksgiving or after the ACCCG if we make it there. And Iā€™m on record saying I think the best option is a joint statement that Manny is not coming back next szn.
So fire a coach who brought you to the conference championship game (2nd in school history)..with a back up RS QB..1 RB. A average oline..and a no name defense..and if they do make that game itā€™s because they have won 6 straightā€¦if we are being real if any other coach in America was doing that it would be considered a great coaching. Nothing about this szn has gone expected. Starting with king. If they are able to do that in the midst of all the drama heā€™s earned another year..but the AD must go

Advertisement
Advertisement
If he wins out he has to get a new deal that doesn't end in '23 while he's coaching in '22. Even if it's just a useless piece of paper, he has to get an extension to sign any recruits and get any new AC's (gah **** figure Patke is gone, right?!)

Since @NorthernVirginiaCane thinks that Manny should be given 2 more years as heā€™s a new Head Coach - and he has called me tiresome in this regard - as if he speaks with a majority voice - for taking the position that Blake should be gone and the new AD should deal with making a coaching change - and I believe Manny should be replaced in that process this year - I think itā€™s needed to show the tone of the board so we know whoā€™s tiresome and who isnā€™t. If the board thinks my position is tiresome, Iā€™ll stop. If the board thinks @NorthernVirginiaCane is a troll or a poRster, then let it be shown.

Youā€™re vote is visible, cannot be changed and you have to vote to see the results.
Please forward poll results to BOT. Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
The perfect scenario is this IMO . . . finish 8-4 which is doable and at least respectable. Buuuuut . . . we get embarrassed either at the ACCCG or a bowl game which is a perfect pretext to fire him. If we finish 8-5 (as an example), there is enough to sell to a new coach that this isn't a total remake or remodel. Not sure any coach wants to start from scratch and struggle for a little so TVD + a nice record to end the season might give someone incentive to listen to a job offer and be motivated that they can take an 8 win team to 9 or 10 next season.

We all do brother. We all do.
I am firmly on record with how I feel about leadership. I am also firmly on record that I want and believe this team will win out. This weekend, however, is a different animal. Focus for 60 and win this game.

If the path happens to the ACCCGā€¦. The Wake offense will have a field day if they are playing. But, I am on record so they will win out.

Weā€™re not going to land recruits with Manny staying. Weā€™re going to lose some of our better assistant coaches. He tries and I credit him for that but he wasnā€™t ready for this level of job. He has been in charge of the defense for 6 years and he bet on himself as DC.

We just need to move ahead now but that has to start with the AD going today.
Considering the condition of our competition in state for recruits we are in position to cherry pick the best recruits in Florida.

Advertisement
Back