Poll: Should Manny Be Given 2 More Years?

Poll: Should Manny be given 2 more years as head coach of the Miami Hurricanes?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I respect that.

As for me, I’ve never hated a coach as much as I do Manny. From his “offer me a contract or I’m gone to Temple” ultimatum to “I’m the smartest guy in the room” while throwing everyone under the bus and not to mention his all style no substance that has made us even more of a laughingstock including some of the worst losses in our history.

While some insiders have said he’s gone no matter what, I have a hard time believing it with our history of incompetence. The logical sense is that no one gets fired for winning out. I even think Blake survives with a win out. I do want a win at Doak but we need a loss or losses the rest of the way.

Week in and week out we are witnessing coaching malpractice. We’ll be looking at these young talent as Gurvan Halls next year if this continues.
Manny had a contract with Temple, there was no ultimatum. Who did he throw under the bus? And you root for losses...pick another team to support.

Advertisement
Considering the condition of our competition in state for recruits we are in position to cherry pick the best recruits in Florida.
No we’re not. We don’t just compete with UiF and FSU. And for whatever reason, FSU still has the best class of the big 3 and that won’t change in our favor this weekend, win or not. Right now, we’re dead last of the 3.

I don't think James can keep his job, Manny here or not. He bet on Manny failing apart and missed. He's dead man walking. He threw his own HC under the bus just to see the bus stop an inch before contact

Franklin would kill it on the trail, it would be a blood bath the next couple of seasons, they also would lost quite a few games and have a sh*t show on offense.

On your point about Manny entering the last year of his deal, if he was brought back next season we would need to give him a fake extension, announce a 2 year extension with no guarantee money; Miami is a private institution so there's no need to reveal the full details of his contract.
Anyway, our recruiting this year is fvcked no matter what, I can't see this staff pulling quality HS prospects at this point and most importantly our OL recruiting is abysmal and Simpson failed on the trail again.
Why would recruiting be bad when the rest of the state is in disarray...we are winning and have the best QB versus all our competition. Any WR would be crazy to deny us if offered...strike while the iron is hot and that entails keeping Manny

No we’re not. We don’t just compete with UiF and FSU. And for whatever reason, FSU still has the best class of the big 3 and that won’t change in our favor this weekend, win or not. Right now, we’re dead last of the 3.
No one has committed yet, we should be working at getting FSU commits to decommit.

Fraggle’s probably in the midst of a tense game of shuffleboard right now. Ease up killer.
No, I am a die hard fan and optimistic. I see the improvements being made and do not dwell on a few miscues. No matter who is the coach the naysayers will complain, Seen it with JJ, extreme with Butch and the bullgators ripping Urban to the point they drove him out of gainesville. Right now Dabo and Saban are getting ripped by their fans, so hearing the complaints while we are winning is humorous. My critiques have been toward creative. I wanted TVD or Garcia to start the year as King had so much to overcome psychologically and physically. God Bless him, he tried his best and no one can complain about his effort but TVD and Garcia has the reps in an offense that was only in its second year. I also hated to see Pope and Wiggins being featured when they kept dropping the ball. I thought we were slim at RB from before spring ball and wanted another portal back (the kid from BC was my choice) yet many dissed me saying we had depth. So I have not been passive but I am sick and tired of coach after coach being deemed a failure so quickly. Last great Canes team was 20 years back and to think we are as desirable as we were then to any top head coach is insane. I'd rather see a guy like Manny who recognizes weakness and fixes it which his changes during his years here have reflected. He knows and admits failure and then addresses it QUICKLY! Be it punter, kicker, assistant coach he doesn't hesitate to make changes unlike a stubborn Golden who refused to fire his "buddy".

Advertisement
Advertisement
We beat FSU run the table and win Bowl game with next year as bright as it looks TVD and all Manny will have full shields.

I really believe we will be ACC CHAMPIONS next year , tell me this is NOT a real possibility the way things are playing out.

YEP , Manny will be continue to be off the hot seat as things are unfolding.

GOCANES

They don’t want to pay the buyout. He likely gets one more year , he’s getting the manny treatment…..fire everyone and live yo fight another day. Only difference is manny has fired everyone but Patke and himself.
Dan Coker

No, I am a die hard fan and optimistic. I see the improvements being made and do not dwell on a few miscues. No matter who is the coach the naysayers will complain, Seen it with JJ, extreme with Butch and the bullgators ripping Urban to the point they drove him out of gainesville. Right now Dabo and Saban are getting ripped by their fans, so hearing the complaints while we are winning is humorous. My critiques have been toward creative. I wanted TVD or Garcia to start the year as King had so much to overcome psychologically and physically. God Bless him, he tried his best and no one can complain about his effort but TVD and Garcia has the reps in an offense that was only in its second year. I also hated to see Pope and Wiggins being featured when they kept dropping the ball. I thought we were slim at RB from before spring ball and wanted another portal back (the kid from BC was my choice) yet many dissed me saying we had depth. So I have not been passive but I am sick and tired of coach after coach being deemed a failure so quickly. Last great Canes team was 20 years back and to think we are as desirable as we were then to any top head coach is insane. I'd rather see a guy like Manny who recognizes weakness and fixes it which his changes during his years here have reflected. He knows and admits failure and then addresses it QUICKLY! Be it punter, kicker, assistant coach he doesn't hesitate to make changes unlike a stubborn Golden who refused to fire his "buddy".
You know what, Fraggle - I give you a hard time but you’re alright by me. I know you’re a legit older fan who’s been around a long time. @423Hurricane is as well and I’m getting up there too. We all were fans when we weren’t a good team. I get that money has changed the game in favor of the current big programs but there’s a lot more we can do against the programs we should be crushing. I’d just like to see competence and respectability again.

Advertisement
You know what, Fraggle - I give you a hard time but you’re alright by me. I know you’re a legit older fan who’s been around a long time. @423Hurricane is as well and I’m getting up there too. We all were fans when we weren’t a good team. I get that money has changed the game in favor of the current big programs but there’s a lot more we can do against the programs we should be crushing. I’d just like to see competence and respectability again.
I’ve been a fan a long time but far from being older than dirt. Lol

As you know, I’m not an optimist like out friend fraggle. I prefer reality. And the reality is that Manny gave it his best shot and it just wasn’t/isn’t good enough. The most unfortunate thing is we’ll be going through ANOTHER coaching search/change. Hopefully, a real search takes place by a new, competent AD or Head of Football Operations or whatever the case may be. The HC revolving door is tiresome as ****.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Unless this team runs the table, bringing back this head coach shouldn't be a consideration.

@flagator86 posted the Mullen buyout in Gator Tears. Their 247 board is talking about Bill Heavener and others hopefully rescuing them and forcing it. They can easily do that and get Franklin.

Franklin would bring Seider back as well so they’d like that. I definitely don’t want Franklin there over Mullen but if Franklin hated the Penn State fans, he’s not going to like the gaytor fans much more.

I’ll still want FSU to beat them.
If he thinks Pedo State fans suck (they do), just wait till he hits Gainesville. Laugh out loud.

I’ve been a fan a long time but far from being older than dirt. Lol

As you know, I’m not an optimist like out friend fragile. I prefer reality. And the reality is that Manny gave it his best shot and it just wasn’t/isn’t good enough. The most unfortunate thing is we’ll be going through ANOTHER coaching search/change. Hopefully, a real search takes place by a new, competent AD or Head of Football Operations or whatever the case may be. The HC revolving door is tiresome as ****.
I am 78 but at least I can still recognize No Defense when I see it.

Advertisement
Back