Poll: Should Manny Be Given 2 More Years?

Poll: Should Manny be given 2 more years as head coach of the Miami Hurricanes?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Advertisement
I'm all about waiting until the last minute if you aren't sure. Simply put, do x, y, and z to show me you deserve more time.

Yes, I realize it can hurt recruiting, but I also think if you handle it right, it won't. Say to a kid that yes, I'm still waiting on an extension, I've gotta get better and you're a key piece to that. Tell them your plan, be confident you can do it but also humble enough to admit you too as a coach can improve with this is how you're going to do it.

Kids aren't dumb. They play the game, see what's going on, and appreciate honesty. They like every coach out there can get and do better.

No extensions anytime soon, no way.
Mullet was just forced to can Hevesy and Grantham. We’ll see how that goes in hiring replacements. At least he can point to a contract with time on it I suppose.

We’re not going to land recruits with Manny staying. We’re going to lose some of our better assistant coaches. He tries and I credit him for that but he wasn’t ready for this level of job. He has been in charge of the defense for 6 years and he bet on himself as DC.

We just need to move ahead now but that has to start with the AD going today.
He should’ve gotten his feet wet at Temple first. He’s been here 6 years and his defense still leaves the middle WIDE open. People keep screaming if AB would’ve made a kick and if this and that, we’d be 7-2 or some crap. Maybe, but if AB missed the 50+ kick against App state, that’s a loss. If the opposing players didn’t drop open passes, or if the ref didn’t catch that Simms knee was down (which happened in a game on Sat, want to say Oregon vs Wash that a player’s knee was down when he caught the ball but it was missed) these games could’ve gone differently. These “if“ games works both ways. Our record could be worse than 5-4 if we’re being real.

Advertisement
Mullet was just forced to can Hevesy and Grantham. We’ll see how that goes in hiring replacements. At least he can point to a contract with time on it I suppose.
They don’t want to pay the buyout. He likely gets one more year , he’s getting the manny treatment…..fire everyone and live yo fight another day. Only difference is manny has fired everyone but Patke and himself.

I don’t hate Manny like others. I think he tried but I also think he wasn’t ready for the job and while he tried to fix some things, he‘s responsible for everything on the defensive side of the ball, from LB recruiting to playing guys he should have benched to scheme to becoming the DC…

He isn’t showing any great coaching improvement. It’s a cluster every week. It’s time to move on if we’re going to improve and be respectable as a program.
No one’s first HCing gig should be at the University of Miami. Like you I don’t hate him. I want(ed) him to be successful. Time to move on. Just hope we can find someone who can recruit AND COACH LBs. Hold the team accountable. Have this team play hard night in and night out.

I still think he'd have to win out, including the bowl game, to stay.

If he does, then he needs a new LB coach and they need to invest in an elite DC.

Advertisement
I think the ceiling with Manny is ACCCG and a NY6 bowl every 1 -3 years if he were to be given the extra two years.

We will find out this offseason if the administration think's that is an acceptable goal or not. I personally don't and voted for him gone.

You are so dumb. I've certainly never advocated to give him two more years. Please find a post where I said that and I'm happy to never post here again. All I've said is I'd like to wait until the end of the season to make a more informed decision about firing him this season or not. Nothing about next year or the year after. You're an embarrassment to Virginia.
I’d say that this is all the same and this is the exact quote…

9471CB7B-CBCB-4457-A396-78503BD3EF07.jpeg

Advertisement
No one’s first HCing gig should be at the University of Miami. Like you I don’t hate him. I want(ed) him to be successful. Time to move on. Just hope we can find someone who can recruit AND COACH LBs. Hold the team accountable. Have this team play hard night in and night out.
Well said sir. I don’t hate the guy either, although his goofy antics and statements make it difficult to have any respect for the guy. He wasn’t ready for the job and bet on himself and didn’t get the job done. Time to move on.

Advertisement
Tvd is the savior for manny. If his play continues we win out and win bowl game we might be ranked top 5 next year. No way you fire him. He probably gets an extension by seasons end. 🤢😂😂. Just win games

Advertisement
Back