POLL: Do You Want Chip Kelly?

Do you want Chip Kelly?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Chip fits better at uscW then at Miami

How does a coach who basis his entire team of off speed fit in better anywhere then the locale that produces more speed than anywhere else in the country. Miami type players are what Kelly covets.

Advertisement
Chip fits better at uscW then at Miami

How does a coach who basis his entire team of off speed fit in better anywhere then the locale that produces more speed than anywhere else in the country. Miami type players are what Kelly covets.
Not to mention, USC and their fans are even more obsessed with having a "pro style offense" than our goofy fanbase. I assume da truth meant that Kelly knows the CA high schools so that USC a better fit but I really do not think recruiting will be a problem for him at Miami.

Advertisement
He just turned 52 today.

Is that too old to get back into college football? Has recruiting passed him by?

Advertisement
Not only is he old but there is a huge question mark as to his ability to recruit South Florida.

Do not want.

Advertisement
? He's too old but Butch Davis is not who is 12 years older? Perhaps attitude/demeanor should be a better question and not age.

I'm definitely pro Butch but would not mind an NFL Head Coach and a previous CFB Head Coach who did extremely well at Oregon.

He's not a local guy. Would take years for him to even build relationships and by then he'd be retiring.

Advertisement
This is great news for us. Like Saban in Miami, he's found adult men with millions in their bank account aren't that receptive to his leadership methods. Hopefully this deters him from taking the Titans job.

If we're aggressive, I think we have a shot. Hopefully a job like LSU or FSU doesn't open.

Didn't Al lose his team too? I thought that was a big negative for a coach. So we want to replace our team losing coach with a team losing coach? Sure

I also heard rumblings of NCAA violations. After all that work it took for Al GolDon to navigate us through the storm.. they're going to turn around and let someone like Chip Kelly ruin it??? I don't think so.

Advertisement
Back