POLL: Do You Want Chip Kelly?

Do you want Chip Kelly?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Chip will have us in the playoffs next year. The only game where we wont be favorites will probably be the ND game.

Brad Kaaya will have to transfer if Kelly is hired.
If that is the short term price to pay, so be it. Kaaya is here for 2 more years at best. With that said, I highly doubt Kaaya transfers. To the contrary, he would probably be thrilled to play for Kelly. He'll be a Heisman candidate in that offense.

Advertisement
At Oregon, Chip took over a very good, well stocked Belloti team, won with Belotti's players for three years, but as his players he recruited started playing, lost two games his third and last year.

He's stated clearly that the best thing about the NFL is he doesn't have to do recruiting - which he dislikes.

Now he's tanking in the NFL, made some ****poor decisions on personnel, managed to **** off the Eagles organization, Eagle fans born, Eagle fans passed, and all Eagle fans yet to be born.

He has a lot of upside, but anyone can see the potential for a lot of headaches as well when he's your coach.

Advertisement
Chip will have us in the playoffs next year. The only game where we wont be favorites will probably be the ND game.

Brad Kaaya will have to transfer if Kelly is hired.

I will drive him to the airport on my way to pick up Chip.

Lol me too.... and to respond to these commments about Chip getting Sam Bradford in the NFL?? Yeah how has that worked out for Chip and the Eagles?

Brad isn't that good to have to coddle anyway, if Chip is the one we hire, I wouldn't bat an eye if Rozier ends up being the starting QB next season.

I don't see all the hype with Chip Kelly. Every time the ducks played against physical team Chip gut his **** push backwards and sideways. DO NOT WANT

This is flat out wrong. And a demonstration that you post based off knee-jerk reactions as opposed to facts.

Chip Kelly lost 7 games as a head coach at Oregon. The scores of those losses are as follows:

19-8 (to #14 Boise State)
51-42 (to Stanford)
26-17 (to #8 OSU)
22-19 (to #1 Auburn - BCS Championship)
40-27 (to #4 LSU)
38-35 (to #18 USC)
17-14 (to #14 Stanford)

Only TWO double-digit losses during that time frame -- hardly "getting his **** pushed backwards." The average margin of defeat was 7.2 points during that time period.

He took Oregon to the national championship and would have won if not for the fluky Michael Dyer run on the last drive. He took the teams to three BCS bowls and one national championship in his four years, winning a Rose and a Fiesta Bowl in that time.

People who believe a different coach would have better results should have their opinions heard -- even though there is objectively NO candidate than can promise the results Kelly has in college. Posters who use idiotic arguments based in subjectivity, however, should really keep their opinions to themselves.

Last edited:
I guess fans will turn on anyone.
IMO we are lucky to have brad as QB. Our Oline hasn't helped him this year, but we could be back to Kyle wright of Freeman...

Advertisement
At Oregon, Chip took over a very good, well stocked Belloti team, won with Belotti's players for three years, but as his players he recruited started playing, lost two games his third and last year.

He's stated clearly that the best thing about the NFL is he doesn't have to do recruiting - which he dislikes.

Now he's tanking in the NFL, made some ****poor decisions on personnel, managed to **** off the Eagles organization, Eagle fans born, Eagle fans passed, and all Eagle fans yet to be born.

He has a lot of upside, but anyone can see the potential for a lot of headaches as well when he's your coach.

Tanking in the NFL? Won the division his first year which Andy Reid failed to do with the same roster and in his first 2 seasons won 10 games each. If chip is tanking what do you call butchs losses to Washington or 2 losses to ecu? I like Butch but it's pretty egregious of many you to discredit what chip Kelly can do as a coach

Last edited:
I guess fans will turn on anyone.
IMO we are lucky to have brad as QB. Our Oline hasn't helped him this year, but we could be back to Kyle wright of Freeman...

Kaaya can help the program for two years. Kelly can help the program for the next decade.

Advertisement

Tanking in the NFL? One the division his first year which Andy Reid failed to do with the same roster and in his first 2 seasons won 10 games each. If chip is taking what do you call butchs losses to Washington or 2 losses to ecu?

It's hilarious. Butch Davis, objectively, does not have close to the same resume as Chip Kelly does, both NFL and college. It's not even close.

Pipe dream. Chip will be a college coach but not for UM. Some other school will offer much more money than we will.

I dont disagree that someone will offer him more money but Miami would not enter the Chip Kelly game if they are not willing to pay top dollar.

I think in the end the money will indifferent to him. Plus the cost of living in Florida is drastically different than what it is in Cali.

He just learned what its like dealing with parity. Thats the biggest difference between the NFL and College. In the NFL you just cant get who you want and in college you can get NFLers at every position if you recruit well enough.

Kelly has a major ego and he is going to want to win more than ever.

So to me it comes down to what school are in the best position to dominate?

The PAC 10 is very similar to the ACC, not a super tough schedule and loses kids to the SEC.

But here is the thing about USC it has been getting some of the highest rated classes and still is not capable of dominating. It also has had some high profile coaches fail. I don't think its a clear shot that Kelly comes there and has that big of an impact on recruiting or his status as a top notch coach has that dramatic of an impact. After playing USC while at Oregon there could be factions that don't like him there. Plus competing against his boys at Oregon could drive him away.

Even if the Texas or LSU job opens up he will have so much comp for recruits and he will not be the biggest fish in the pond with having to play Saban every single year. Winning in those programs is not a sure shot. I think that turns him away from those programs.

Miami plays one hard game a year and plays in one of the easiest power 5 conference divisions in the country. It also has the ability to put better players on the field year in and year out than any other school in the country.

Miami has not pulled in highly rated classes lately.

Miami has also had sucky coaches over the last 15 years and he status as a top notch coach would have a major impact on the program.

He comes here and his name alone has a dramatic impact on Miami in terms of tickets sold and recruiting rankings. His name will have no bigger impact on a team than it will at Miami.

Wining his division the very next year would be an easy task.

Chip Kelly's system is based on speed. Miami is known for its speed. No school can match its speed when it locks down.

I think also these guys know that if you can create a buzz at Miami and lock down recruits then you are on a talent level equal to Alabama, FSU and OSU. This is a competitive advantage that an ego guy who will want nothing less than a dynasty simply cannot ignore.

Do ego guys care about all that?

I really think it will come down to what school he feels like he can retain a competitive advantage at year after year and what school will allow him to dominate. USC could very well be that school but Miami has to be in the picture because its really a perfect fit for him.

yeah were those belloti's guys that almost won a championship last year? and he doesn't have to like recruiting. he is a name that can sell itself and that's why you have assistants that make up for that if that's even truly an issue. he would be a home run hire. my only issue with him is that he may not fit culturally down here as it's been reported he doesn't do well with flashy big egos. which as we all know is very prominent with a lot of south florida kids.

Advertisement

It's not like Belotti left a juggernaut. BTW, Oregon finished 12-1 his last season. They lost to a **** good Stanford team in overtime. Oregon also mauled an very good K State team in the Fiesta. Couldn't you say that Mark Helfrich got to the national title game last year with Chip's guys?

He is tanking this year in the NFL. So what? There is a reason why the NFL rarely pulls college coaches with no NFL experience. Butch tanked in the NFL and he was a Super Bowl winning DC. Saban was an NFL assistant and he tanked. Petrino tanked with no experience. Harbaugh was an NFL assistant and Carroll was a previous NFL head coach. They're both the exceptions and Jim is already back in college.

I don't see all the hype with Chip Kelly. Every time the ducks played against physical team Chip gut his **** push backwards and sideways. DO NOT WANT

This is flat out wrong. And a demonstration that you post based off knee-jerk reactions as opposed to facts.

Chip Kelly lost 7 games as a head coach at Oregon. The scores of those losses are as follows:

19-8 (to [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 4[/URL] Boise State)
51-42 (to Stanford)
26-17 (to #8 OSU)
22-19 (to #1 Auburn - BCS Championship)
40-27 (to #4 LSU)
38-35 (to #1 8 USC)
17-14 (to [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 4[/URL] Stanford)

Only TWO double-digit losses during that time frame -- hardly "getting his **** pushed backwards." The average margin of defeat was 7.2 points during that time period.

He took Oregon to the national championship and would have won if not for the fluky Michael Dyer run on the last drive. He took the teams to three BCS bowls and one national championship in his four years, winning a Rose and a Fiesta Bowl in that time.

People who believe a different coach would have better results should have their opinions heard -- even though there is objectively NO candidate than can promise the results Kelly has in college. Posters who use idiotic arguments based in subjectivity, however, should really keep their opinions to themselves.

Excellent points. Many people forget Oregon wins that game if not for that fluke play.

I posted in another thread that with Kelly he probably averages 10.5 wins a game at UM. Get's us to the ACC Championship game most if not every year. He probably has us in the college playoffs as early as 2017. Will he win a NC here? Who knows. Those are hard to come by. We only won one with the best college football roster ever assembled. But I would be willing to bet he wins at least one here.

yeah were those belloti's guys that almost won a championship last year? and he doesn't have to like recruiting. he is a name that can sell itself and that's why you have assistants that make up for that if that's even truly an issue. he would be a home run hire. my only issue with him is that he may not fit culturally down here as it's been reported he doesn't do well with flashy big egos. which as we all know is very prominent with a lot of south florida kids.

It's not the kids as much as the street agents and some of the high school head coaches.

It's not the kids as much as the street agents and some of the high school head coaches.

it's both. but like i said, this is a name that sells itself and he could always hire assistants to help in that department.

Advertisement
Back