POLL: Do You Want Chip Kelly?

Do you want Chip Kelly?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Chip will have us in the playoffs next year. The only game where we wont be favorites will probably be the ND game.

Brad Kaaya will have to transfer if Kelly is hired.

Kaaya is very good on quick hits which are abig part of Kelly's game.

Also if Kaaya doesn't improve his ability to play mobile he will not make it in the league.

This has been a major issue with our team this year. Our suckask OLine and we cant move out of the pocket and throw on the run for anything.

Advertisement
Chip will have us in the playoffs next year. The only game where we wont be favorites will probably be the ND game.

Brad Kaaya will have to transfer if Kelly is hired.

Kaaya is very good on quick hits which are abig part of Kelly's game.

Also if Kaaya doesn't improve his ability to play mobile he will not make it in the league.

This has been a major issue with our team this year. Our suckask OLine and we cant move out of the pocket and throw on the run for anything.

He is improving in the pocket IMO. Alotvof times he is hit making throws. The game is continuing to slow down. He is not a finished product nor should we expect it at this stage of his career

He's done in philly. No way the Titans are giving him Player Personnel power after what he did in Philly. I think his time in the NFL is done whether he's fired or simply steps down. Either way he's heading back to college and hopefully we have the forsight to lure him in

If Chip Kelly can run his offense with Nick Foles, Sam Bradford, and Mark Sanchez, etc. I think he can adjust to Kaaya in college.

Isn't Chip the guy who said "Show me the QB and then I'll show the offense we run". Or something like that

Well that's what happens when you ship out some of your best players and let the bucs hang 45 on you

Advertisement
At Oregon, Chip took over a very good, well stocked Belloti team, won with Belotti's players for three years, but as his players he recruited started playing, lost two games his third and last year.

He's stated clearly that the best thing about the NFL is he doesn't have to do recruiting - which he dislikes.

Now he's tanking in the NFL, made some ****poor decisions on personnel, managed to **** off the Eagles organization, Eagle fans born, Eagle fans passed, and all Eagle fans yet to be born.

He has a lot of upside, but anyone can see the potential for a lot of headaches as well when he's your coach.

Winning cures all and he would win here. It's a lot easier to control college kids that aren't millionaires. You get them in the stage of their career where they are pursuing millions, and they work their *** off and buy in when he can prove his stuff works. His system relies on his own diet, exercise plan, sports science, sleep plans, practice routines are done exactly the way he wants... and lets be real, NFL players aren't buying into that stuff. He can control whatever he wants at college and it will work and players will buy in and high school kids are going to be lined up out the door to play for him. It's reality.

He didn't like recruiting at Oregon because their wasn't a 2* player within 100 miles of campus, he had to go to California for everything. He comes to UM, he can walk out in the road and bump into a future Denzel Perryman, Lamar Miller, Duke Johnson, Allen Hurns, Dorsett etc. Imagine some of them in that offense...

If they lose this would be the week to make a move. Playing Thurs would give the new coach a couple extra days to prepare. Usually these moves come during bye weeks, this is as close to a bye week that is remaining

He's done in philly. No way the Titans are giving him Player Personnel power after what he did in Philly. I think his time in the NFL is done whether he's fired or simply steps down. Either way he's heading back to college and hopefully we have the forsight to lure him in

I agree.

He doesn't seem to recruit that well, either. Seems to do well with other's personnel for short bursts, though.

Advertisement
Well that's what happens when you ship out some of your best players and let the bucs hang 45 on you

Come on now my bucs are improving
No doubt, but that still dosent excuse a rookie qb throwing 5tds, and letting dougie run for 2 bills, while a defense with more holes in it then swiss cheese hold you to 14 points. We haven't improved that much to were we can walk into anyone's stadium, especially a hostile place like Philly, and dominate like we did against a supposed "quality" team. Their fans had cleard out the stadium by halftime. After Philly scored that first td i was like here we go a again, but we then proceeded to push their **** in the rest of the game. Did you see Murray running the ball? Dude had already quit. I didnt see him finish one run the entire game.

Im a buccaneer also.

At Oregon, Chip took over a very good, well stocked Belloti team, won with Belotti's players for three years, but as his players he recruited started playing, lost two games his third and last year.

He's stated clearly that the best thing about the NFL is he doesn't have to do recruiting - which he dislikes.

Now he's tanking in the NFL, made some ****poor decisions on personnel, managed to **** off the Eagles organization, Eagle fans born, Eagle fans passed, and all Eagle fans yet to be born.

He has a lot of upside, but anyone can see the potential for a lot of headaches as well when he's your coach.

Winning cures all and he would win here. It's a lot easier to control college kids that aren't millionaires. You get them in the stage of their career where they are pursuing millions, and they work their *** off and buy in when he can prove his stuff works. His system relies on his own diet, exercise plan, sports science, sleep plans, practice routines are done exactly the way he wants... and lets be real, NFL players aren't buying into that stuff. He can control whatever he wants at college and it will work and players will buy in and high school kids are going to be lined up out the door to play for him. It's reality.

He didn't like recruiting at Oregon because their wasn't a 2* player within 100 miles of campus, he had to go to California for everything. He comes to UM, he can walk out in the road and bump into a future Denzel Perryman, Lamar Miller, Duke Johnson, Allen Hurns, Dorsett etc. Imagine some of them in that offense...

mj... I don't know man. While I think Chip would win alot at UM BUT this cat is as quirky as they come. **** you mentioned as such in your post. So florida is a different place to recruit and I don't know if we want to gamble with someone (like Golden) who doesn't really know or How to recruit So. Fl.

Its a Pro mentality along with kissing the right peoples asses in So Flo. Just from his short time in Phily and reputation of being too stubborn to even listen to his players, it becomes a huge risk... we just went through that..

I like Chip... but I'm just highly skeptical because of his characteristics and lack of recruiting history (John Hopkins, New Hamp, Columbia)

JC

I don't see all the hype with Chip Kelly. Every time the ducks played against physical team Chip gut his **** push backwards and sideways. DO NOT WANT

This is flat out wrong. And a demonstration that you post based off knee-jerk reactions as opposed to facts.

Chip Kelly lost 7 games as a head coach at Oregon. The scores of those losses are as follows:

19-8 (to [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 4[/URL] Boise State)
51-42 (to Stanford)
26-17 (to #8 OSU)
22-19 (to #1 Auburn - BCS Championship)
40-27 (to #4 LSU)
38-35 (to #1 8 USC)
17-14 (to [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 4[/URL] Stanford)

Only TWO double-digit losses during that time frame -- hardly "getting his **** pushed backwards." The average margin of defeat was 7.2 points during that time period.

He took Oregon to the national championship and would have won if not for the fluky Michael Dyer run on the last drive. He took the teams to three BCS bowls and one national championship in his four years, winning a Rose and a Fiesta Bowl in that time.

People who believe a different coach would have better results should have their opinions heard -- even though there is objectively NO candidate than can promise the results Kelly has in college. Posters who use idiotic arguments based in subjectivity, however, should really keep their opinions to themselves.

Excellent points. Many people forget Oregon wins that game if not for that fluke play.

I posted in another thread that with Kelly he probably averages 10.5 wins a game at UM. Get's us to the ACC Championship game most if not every year. He probably has us in the college playoffs as early as 2017. Will he win a NC here? Who knows. Those are hard to come by. We only won one with the best college football roster ever assembled. But I would be willing to bet he wins at least one here.

The bigger point is that if he wins that game then he wins a ship with the lowest 4 yr recruiting ranked team (18.75) in the history of the modern football era.

You give this guy top 10 ranked classes year in and year out and he will win it all.

Who on this site doesnt believe that Kelly can pull in top 10 ranked teams year in and year out? While at Oregon he had one class ranked # 9 and thats the only top 10 class he had. He was working with classes ranked as high as 49 and 32. You put his classes on a talent level even with FSU or Alabama and he will dominate.

this proves that people will ***** at any and everything. Two weeks ago the options were Mario, Chud, and Schiano which would forever cement us as a dumpster fire. Now what is probably the best possible shoot for the stars type hire is on the table and he suddenly isn't good enough to take over a team that is averaging over 5 losses a year under its previous regime.

Advertisement

mj... I don't know man. While I think Chip would win alot at UM BUT this cat is as quirky as they come. **** you mentioned as such in your post. So florida is a different place to recruit and I don't know if we want to gamble with someone (like Golden) who doesn't really know or How to recruit So. Fl.

Its a Pro mentality along with kissing the right peoples asses in So Flo. Just from his short time in Phily and reputation of being too stubborn to even listen to his players, it becomes a huge risk... we just went through that..

I like Chip... but I'm just highly skeptical because of his characteristics and lack of recruiting history (John Hopkins, New Hamp, Columbia)

JC

This whole recruiting in So Florida is way overblown. We talk about keeping kids home and building up the fence. You know what keeps the fence up? Winning.

Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, Florida, FSU all know how to recruit South Florida specifically? No. They're winning and some kids want to play for a winning program.

Winning cures all but in order to win you must be able to procure talent... I'm not talking one year... i'm talking multiple years..

JC

JC

Chip primarily recruited Cali and Texas while he was at Oregon. He was able to land DeAnthony Thomas from Crenshaw that had a circus recruitment. He also landed 5* from Texas Lache Seastrunk. I think he'll manage just fine.

Advertisement

JC

This whole recruiting in So Florida is way overblown. We talk about keeping kids home and building up the fence. You know what keeps the fence up? Winning.

Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, Florida, FSU all know how to recruit South Florida specifically? No. They're winning and some kids want to play for a winning program.

LOL....

Georgia is winning? Winning what?

Also show me a coach who won a title without first having top rated classes.

Just one will do....

This fantasy that recruiting is overblown is about as inaccurate as you can be and is based on no facts.

The fact is that no coaches have won a title in the last 20 years without first nailing down a top 4 class.

Why don't you show me Saban's win lose record before he had a top 4 ranked class and then show me his win loss record after he had a top ranked class. Saban practically got fired at LSU after going 8-5 and getting skunked by Alabama 31-0. The next year he ad the number one class in the country and then he won the FN title. Also Saban says its the number one aspect of his program. Go figure...

I am going to go with Saban on this one.

My suggestion would be to stop trying to theorize how recruiting isn't something that you work at its jut something that happens and follow what the genius minds in the sport tell you on a consistent basis.

Recruiting is everything. Its how you build programs, Its how you win titles.

Advertisement
Back