Poll: Cristobal or Kiffin?

Who would we prefer between Cristobal or Kiffin?

• Cristobal

Votes: 258 77.0%
  • Kiffin

Votes: 77 23.0%

• Total voters
Advertisement
C7EAECC4-75CE-4118-80AC-F0F0AA819FA2.jpeg

👍🏾🙌🏿🧡💚🙌🏿👍🏾

How many other coaches out there actually view Miami as their dream job? IF Mario comes here, he's leaving a possible playoff team, with endless funding and elite facilities. He wouldn't be using UM as a temporary stop on the way to a better job. UM means a lot to him. He'd stay until we run him off or he can't do it anymore.

The same can't be said about Kiffin.

Not thar he'd ever do anything at Miami to warrant it but Luigi would be on the first private jet to his courtesy interview in Tuscaloosy after Sabag retires/dies. And I bet Jor-ja too as THAT'S the real home of the lovely Mrs. Cristobal.

This mythology around Luigi is cute though. I'm beginning to think it's a core class at Columbus High for all the Canes fans that come out of there.

Advertisement
Not thar he'd ever do anything at Miami to warrant it but Luigi would be on the first private jet to his courtesy interview in Tuscaloosy after Sabag retires/dies. And I bet Jor-ja too as THAT'S the real home of the lovely Mrs. Cristobal.

This mythology around Luigi is cute though. I'm beginning to think it's a core class at Columbus High for all the Canes fans that come out of there.
He and everyone else can interview all they want. Its going to be Dabo in the end.

Why would either leave a better job to come here? Ole Miss and Oregon are both better Programs then us. More Money and better facilities and they have already established their cultures their. It's not like we can go out and offer them significantly more money then Ole Miss or Oregon

Advertisement
I voted for Cristobal, and that’s probably the consensus of the BOT, but my heart says get the Pirate with a stud DC.

Kiffin can recruit, has that old school Miami edge, is an aggressive playcaller, he'll bring Lebby with and he's affordable.
Plus, I like how his Ole **** defense is playing.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Why would either leave a better job to come here? Ole Miss and Oregon are both better Programs then us. More Money and better facilities and they have already established their cultures their. It's not like we can go out and offer them significantly more money then Ole Miss or Oregon
Kiffin ain't winning **** at Ole Miss. Kiffin can go to the ACC championship game with this roster right now.

Maybe a bit of hyperbole, but you know what I'm saying.

Advertisement
Kiffin ain't winning **** at Ole Miss. Kiffin can go to the ACC championship game with this roster right now.

Maybe a bit of hyperbole, but you know what I'm saying.

FAU went 6-6, 3-9, 3-9, 3-9 in the 4 years before Kiffin. He went 11-3 his first year (8-0 in conference), 5-7, 10-3. Double digit victories plus 2 conference championships in 2 of 3 years.

Cristobal, for all the reasons other mentioned: recruiting, staffing, and physicality. All things lacking at The U.

I would not object to Kiffin, though. After his time in Saban Rehab he may be a better coach. Ole Miss plays at Alabama and Auburn, hosts TAMU, Arkansas, and LSU. Lets see how he and his team perform. Ole Miss lost all of those games last season, except TAMU (didn't play). Routs of Louisville, Austin Peay, and Tulane are nice but I want to see of Ole Miss deserves a high ranking or not.

And to be fair, let's see if Mario corches a PAC12 game or two.

Also, Kiffin makes about $4M per year. Mario was extended and boosted this past December. Ole Miss extended Kiffin in January. I could not find any information on his buyout, only read that is was 'healthy'.

Cristobal or Kiffin?

Mario is your only option. Has the resume and is a Cane through and through. He'd be all in for the fight to bring this program back.

Lane is a good coach, but he'd be gone at the drop of a hat for the next best thing. Need a guy who gets what it will take to right the ship and will be all in to do so.

Cristobal is that guy, Kiffin isn't.

You jest, but Saban is not a Dabo fan. Saban really likes Luigi and sees him as a potential successor. There will be considerable infighting within the Tide Pride set once Saban retires/expires on the sideline. That's just the gouge I've gotten from some well connected Tide Pride folks. Dabo definitely has plenty of admirers that will have influence on deciding on the next coach.

Advertisement
Back