Poll: Cristobal or Kiffin?

Who would we prefer between Cristobal or Kiffin?

• Cristobal

Votes: 258 77.0%
  • Kiffin

Votes: 77 23.0%

• Total voters
Advertisement
This. I’m not convinced that Mario is that dude but I am convinced he will recruit well especially at the LOS
He will weaken bama and OSU and clemsons roster just based on recruiting alone. And that's something the next successful HC has to do. It's a rebuild it's always been a rebuild

Y'all tell me whether this is crazy or not, but is it possible that Kiffin actually has LOWER bust potential than Mario here?

Just seems to me that for Kiffin's offense, we have much lower hanging fruit in terms of recruiting, whereas Mario would need to be beating out the big boys for the fat guys that make his teams work from day one. Just a thought.
Absolutely. I think Kiffin is actually the much safer hire as far as winning goes. We would win with that guy and it would be exciting.

Give me kiffin, game is all about O now and he would rape and pillage down here..jake would be a Heisman candidate with him

Isn’t Lane Kiffin the son of Monte Kiffin? Monte Kiffin is one of the greatest defensive coordinators of all time.

I think X’s and O’s would be elite on both sides of the ball, honestly

Advertisement
Both are Saban disciplines.

One, has rebuilt a program and has ties to the school/BOT (which I don't believe we've had before)

The other, an innovative play caller but has character issues.

Kiffin would really challenge a week ACC with th talent we currently have but I don't know if he has the stomach to handle the type of rebuild this program needs.

Mario has legitimate experience and, hopefully has enough pull with admin, to make real changes and bring this program into the modern CFB world.

I'm taking the guy who is going to actually be invested invested in this programs long term success.

Cristobal but money will be the obstacle. Say Miami ponied up $8MM - $9MM for him. Then what? The completion of the staff is another $5MM and I just don’t see it.

Kiffin would be less. Solid recruiter and would be bring life back as it’s on life support.

I’ll also throw out Bill O’Brian. You want a hard ***, no friend type of coach, there you go. NFL experience, check. Probably wants back in the league, check. Not perfect, but not bad either and would be less and put the money on a very good staff of coaches he could pull from nfl, Bama and elsewhere…coaching connection tree.

Kiffin baby ! Just win ( and get laid and prolly lose a few dead weight Schollies to sanctions ...lol)

Isn’t Lane Kiffin the son of Monte Kiffin? Monte Kiffin is one of the greatest defensive coordinators of all time.

I think X’s and O’s would be elite on both sides of the ball, honestly
we need talent bruh, if he brings elite talent yea but im not sold of Kiffin like everyone else.

Advertisement
Our fandom is acting like the drunk fratboy at closing time.

Has a girlfriend in Niagara Falls* but is willing to take home any chick who says yes, no matter the tonnage.

*its long distance, not exclusive

I'm a big fan of Kiffin.. but he has no loyalties to the program (he'd leave for more money/better opportunity) so I chose Mario. If he came here it would be for the right reason. Not convinced he'd win a NC.. but I'd take my chances.

Both are Saban disciplines.

One, has rebuilt a program and has ties to the school/BOT (which I don't believe we've had before)

The other, an innovative play caller but has character issues.

Kiffin would really challenge a week ACC with th talent we currently have but I don't know if he has the stomach to handle the type of rebuild this program needs.

Mario has legitimate experience and, hopefully has enough pull with admin, to make real changes and bring this program into the modern CFB world.

I'm taking the guy who is going to actually be invested invested in this programs long term success.
Kiffin really isn’t a Saban disciple though, he came up under Carroll and was a multiple time head coach, including in the league, before working for Saban. I’m sure he learned stuff there but that is worth remembering.

Mario is more or a Butch/Schiano guy (as I recall) than a Saban guy, again had been a head coach already by the time he got to Saban. He’s more tapped into that network and definitely would give us access to some great assistant hires.

Just need to frame these things correctly.

Also, what are Lane’s specific character issues? Is he just a weirdo mercenary, or is he a legit creep?

Rotum GIF

Advertisement
Who comes with the better staff?

There’s a couple names I could see either of them bringing from their current staff and I think there’s 1-2 that could be retained from this staff.

I like Lane’s strength guy who’s followed him from Bama.

Advertisement
Give me the guy who is going to do WHATEVER it takes to win. I've already prepared myself for sanctions and another decade of mediocrity as long as I see a Natty.

Im good with either. But in terms of the message being sent in regards of financial and program commitment, Mario slams it out of the ballpark compared to Kiffin (who also obviously would be a sign of commitment as well)

Give me the guy who is going to do WHATEVER it takes to win. I've already prepared myself for sanctions and another decade of mediocrity as long as I see a Natty.

This is why I thank Jesus that you aren't an alum with the ability to influence anyone at UM to actually follow through with your brilliant plan.

Advertisement
Back