Poll: Cristobal or Kiffin?

Who would we prefer between Cristobal or Kiffin?

• Cristobal

Votes: 258 77.0%
  • Kiffin

Votes: 77 23.0%

• Total voters
Advertisement
Advertisement
The question is moot.

Pirate to Miami.

Miami O scores 45 a game while UNC's O hangs 90.

PLAYERS NOTIFIED.

How many other coaches out there actually view Miami as their dream job? IF Mario comes here, he's leaving a possible playoff team, with endless funding and elite facilities. He wouldn't be using UM as a temporary stop on the way to a better job. UM means a lot to him. He'd stay until we run him off or he can't do it anymore.

The same can't be said about Kiffin.

Advertisement
Y'all tell me whether this is crazy or not, but is it possible that Kiffin actually has LOWER bust potential than Mario here?

Just seems to me that for Kiffin's offense, we have much lower hanging fruit in terms of recruiting, whereas Mario would need to be beating out the big boys for the fat guys that make his teams work from day one. Just a thought.

Advertisement
Y'all tell me whether this is crazy or not, but is it possible that Kiffin actually has LOWER bust potential than Mario here?

Just seems to me that for Kiffin's offense, we have much lower hanging fruit in terms of recruiting, whereas Mario would need to be beating out the big boys for the fat guys that make his teams work from day one. Just a thought.
I always wanted our HC to be a Offensive Guru. It’s easier in my opinion to go that route since you really don’t have to look or fight off so many people to keep coaches.

I would take both.

Cristobal seems too perfect. Kiffin has an edge about him that would be perfect with our kids.

That F U attitude is what made this program rise from the ashes.

Also, look what Ole Miss is doing on offense

Advertisement
Never thought I’d say this but Mario easily. Kiff is a coaching merc- he’s fizzled out in several spots and I’m not convinced his focus would be on defense or physicality. Kiff is an OC type of dude, not a HC. Imo

I'm always going to go with a roster packed with talent wins you everything. Give me the ace recruiter cause we haven't had one even if most cis mongoloids believe that. We always won with pro bowlers first rounders and hall of famers....the teams winning at the highest level same formula. Bring me talent which brings you everything else. So I'll go with Mario

I have seen Lane at UT Oakland USC and FAU....no thanks but that's my opinion. Mario I seen at FIU and Oregon give me the talent stacker.

I'm always going to go with a roster packed with talent wins you everything. Give me the ace recruiter cause we haven't had one even if most cis mongoloids believe that. We always won with pro bowlers first rounders and hall of famers....the teams winning at the highest level same formula. Bring me talent which brings you everything else. So I'll go with Mario

This. I’m not convinced that Mario is that dude but I am convinced he will recruit well especially at the LOS

Out of all of the "realistic candidates" that have been tossed out there on CIS, these two could be the answer. I would pick Christobal over Kiffin because I believe that he would DESTROY BAMA and everyone else in recruiting SFL. Christobal to me is like hiring a Butch Davis in his prime.

Not the absolute sharpest X' & O's guy, but for the college game, he's got down the stuff that is the most important as a HC: toughness, fundamentals, a intentional priority on having an elite OL, runs a tight, professional football organization and finally recruiting. Mario could build an empire here that could have us back in the perennial elite conversation again.

Having said that, if Mario can't be worked out, I say we push our chips in for Kiffin. Unlike Mario, he would actually be able to take the talent already on the team and have us in serious contention for the ACC and playoffs by year 2. He actually IS an X' & O's guy.

Also, Kiffin would bring an arrogance and edge back that (as long as we're winning 10+ games a year) people would absolutely lose their minds, stumbling over each other to be the first ones to savagely hate the new Miami. At this point, with all we've gone through and after watching years of systemic recruiting violations by BAMA and some others go completely unwatched with no repercussions, I'm ready to quote Tony Montana, "You wan' me ta be da bad guy? Hokay! I'll be da bad guy!"

Either one, as long as they stick around for 3 years (looking at you Kiffin), brings Miami back.

Advertisement
Back