PODCAST: D$ is back with a rebooted show and the return of Peter Ariz

I hope this ship’s route gets righted before it hits a reef.
Season 4 Fight GIF by Black Sails
The reef is there, can the route be righted?......................LOL

Advertisement
Doing this does nothing for any relationship with players. What don’t you understand about that?

We already have the relationships.

Pete, if you can't see how full of **** this statement is, I don't think you got the full use out of your Miami education.

Every friggin time fans like me try to move on from your past destructive behavior, you pull us right back into the muck with these reminders that you are either A. ingenuine or B not self-aware.

Despite my past issues with your behavior, I trusted D$ enough to listen to your podcast. And on that podcast, you came across as humble, thoughtful, reflective. I truly thought you had matured. As you said, you were a recently graduated young man at the time. After that podcast, I checked the "grown up" box and chalked the whole McIntosh and Norton episode to the fact that you were only tangentially involved and everyone learns from the bad choices they make at that age.

These last few pages of the thread have definitely disabused me of that super positive first impression from the podcast. I could excuse it at 23. 28 or so, not so much. I'd say grow up, but you are grown up. You're just who you are. Good luck with that.

I had a friend who was prohibited from trading in securities after serving for 1 year for insider trading. Was prosecuted by none other than Elliot Spitzer when he was the NY AG. He was so contrite in front of his wife and all of his friends. Admitted he totally F'd up. We all rallied around him and he changed careers and kept his family together.

One night after a several drinks, my (at that time) friend started taking about how he was duped by the other investors, duped by Spitzer, that one of his own friends turned him in and what a traitor that guy was, that he wasn't doing anything anyone else was doing, that he never really hurt anyone for his actions and didn't deserve his punishments... blah, blah, blah.

Needless to say, that was the last night I ever talked to the guy again. I was not surprised to learn he ended up divorced a few years later, either.

I don't really get all the attacks here. Peter and CIS are going to use the podcast to promote players and NIL deals. You don't think it helps to give some publicity to companies paying our players? The is a big investment in CIS capital and took the podcast from a money maker to a money loser. Not to mention that Pete and D$ are donated their time to produce this.

What Pete is saying about leaving is true. I remember talking to D$ on phone and asking why he didn't stay until he found something else.

I do as a casual observer. Some are so bitter about Pete, his so called getting guys to turn pro early and just can't move on. I don't feel has anything to do with D$ and this site.

Advertisement
I knew plenty of agents down here and across the country. Including other agents that sign Miami players annually.

He had just signed David Njoku the year before that — that held a TON of weight within the locker room. The guys from Miami that have signed to FRM would have signed here with or without me.

Malki and FRM did not “need me” by any stretch. He just gave me a great opportunity and I’m appreciative of that. It has worked out well.
if I was FRMs owner, I would have hired you as well--- not because I NEED you, but because you'd have probably worked inexpensively, you have player contacts who knew you as "a non-wolf agent", and if you didn't help drive significant enough benefit to the organization... out you'd go.

As far as the advantage of the "FRM studio", I'm suspecting I'm in the hyper majority here who are not going to watch or listen based on the production value. it's purely content driven.

I don't blame anyone, unless D$ is not getting a ****ton of U$ dollars for allowing the "shameless promotion"--- and I'd blame D$ for that, not FRM :)

ResizedP_231909a6-3123-47b9-8b96-3a14ae0c8813_254382040949261.gif

Last edited:
Pete - what you have just said is fair.

Obviously you are aware there is a narrative. I’ll admit to being jaded and being anti-Pete because of the way you present yourself when given the opportunity (the trolling, attitude, etc) that you have given off and the perception it creates.

You are a young buck. Obviously not a dumb one. An immature one at times but that is not exclusive to you.

You are addressing it now so better late than never but you know you have a perception out there about you and all kinds of people view and post on this boards.

When certain people connected or in the know with this program whom are trusted on this board by the members, and they come out and lambast against you it helps feed the narrative created by your profession that you are a slime bucket whether you like it or not, fair/unfair.

So I appreciate you speaking on it here and now since you are back but you gotta earn your reputation and goodwill.

Now, wether you care to or not, a whole different topic but don’t act surprised with the polarizing reaction.
Well said

I’m not anti, I’m not pro

Just from observing when you want to be taken seriously by people, but you’ve spent a lot of time purposely trying to **** with those people in the past from a pure lack of maturity, then you have a bit of a tough spot

Nothing personal though I would say this about anyone in this same position

Doing this does nothing for any relationship with players. What don’t you understand about that?

We already have the relationships.
of course it does something toward a relationship with players!!!

if this REALLY doesn't help FRM, than remove FRM from your poster picture (no one else promotes a business); wear a cane shirt on your interactions; and don't display the banner on the podcast.

You may be brilliant, but please don't act like we are all drooling imbeciles :)

9ecb02cd-9169-448b-ad04-ed58c9b6e090_254834981636120.gif

Advertisement

if this REALLY doesn't help FRM, than remove FRM from your poster picture (no one else promotes a business); wear a cane shirt on your interactions; and don't display the banner on the podcast.

You may be brilliant, but please don't act like we are all drooling imbeciles :)

View attachment 203970

Goal post moving

Advertisement
Goal post moving
huh???

you said, "Doing this does nothing for any relationship with players"

I said, "

please explain what benefit FRM gets from your logo everywhere, while concurrently explaining that it does nothing for your relationship with players.

I'll hang up and listen. please talk slowly cuz I must not be very smart.

ResizedP_d3f3111e-03b8-4afa-b1b9-4bb335d5fc68_255673864549133.gif
9b230e2c-827f-426e-bc0d-f8df90aeeffb_255751426103166.gif

huh???

you said, "Doing this does nothing for any relationship with players"

I said, "

please explain what benefit FRM gets from your logo everywhere, while concurrently explaining that it does nothing for your relationship with players.

I'll hang up and listen. please talk slowly cuz I must not be very smart.

View attachment 203972View attachment 203973

We already have the relationships with the players. I said we get brand recognition, obviously. The podcast does not help FRM with gaining any more access to players than we already have. It does not strengthen our relationship with them.

So this podcast does nothing to help our relationship with players at Miami.

Advertisement
I don't really get all the attacks here. Peter and CIS are going to use the podcast to promote players and NIL deals. You don't think it helps to give some publicity to companies paying our players? The is a big investment in CIS capital and took the podcast from a money maker to a money loser. Not to mention that Pete and D$ are donated their time to produce this.

What Pete is saying about leaving is true. I remember talking to D$ on phone and asking why he didn't stay until he found something else.
Get Out Theatre GIF by Tony Awards

Fair, we are all a bit of family here.

No, I have no connection to Susan at all. I don’t think she’s a good reporter, her questions are terrible, however I don’t vibe with the degree of disrespect that posters feel justified holding toward her because of that poor job. Someone who knows her I’m sure does read this place, and would otherwise enjoy it. Even with that component removed she doesn’t deserve it as a human being. Same thing with the way Dan Mullen’s wife gets treated, and shes legit weird.

A male comp for me is Joe Z. I cannot stand his voice, I think he routinely ruins Miami games, and is awful at his job. He bothers me way more than SMD, because he’s an integral part of the experience of the game. But I’m not going to start mocking his body because of it. I still respect him as a person, just not at his job.

That’s all I have on it. I’m detailing at this point.
Elisabeth Moss Love GIF by HULU

Advertisement
Back