PODCAST: D$ is back with a rebooted show and the return of Peter Ariz

View as article
Advertisement
Do you think Leonard Taylor and Jacolby George received cars from a dealership because it just popped out of thin air? We work to get things done for these guys.

And who said they are paying commission?

We are not in this to take money out of college kids’ pockets.
I have no horse in this race, but from my point of view, you seem to be digging in your heels defending your actions. You created the narrative by the actions you’ve undertaken. A little contrition might go a long way in repairing your reputation with the perception of quite a few on this board.

I have no horse in this race, but from my point of view, you seem to be digging in your heels defending your actions. You created the narrative by the actions you’ve undertaken. A little contrition might go a long way in repairing your reputation with the perception of quite a few on this board.

Which actions? Contrition for what?

I don’t feel like I need to “repair” anything. The last few years many people have made assumptions on things that are not true and I’m simply here setting the record straight

Seems to me you exploited privileged access to the program as a "journalist" for your own monetary gain. Without access, who signs up with you? What do you offer that any other two-bit handler or cheap-suited huckster can't provide? It's a free country, and college football has become a dirty business, but don't stick your snout in the trough and pretend to be above the dirt.

Advertisement
Seems to me you exploited privileged access to the program as a "journalist" for your own monetary gain. Without access, who signs up with you? What do you offer that any other two-bit handler or cheap-suited huckster can't provide? It's a free country, and college football has become a dirty business, but don't stick your snout in the trough and pretend to be above the dirt.

I was reporting on the Canes and recruiting from the age of 15-23. You’re crazy if you think I was planning to become an agent. I got tired of the journalism stuff but wanted to stay in sports. Had relationships with people in the industry and Malki Kawa (FRM owner) offered me a position as his assistant essentially. Nothing was lined up the morning I called D$ and told him I was moving on. I honestly did not know what I was going to do but knew I needed to step away from reporting. I became certified agent by September 2018, but if you think I was doing anything other than paperwork and sitting in on meetings in the beginning, you’re giving me way too much credit.

These players looked at me as a reporter. I knew them on a level way lower than what some of you tend to believe. I had no influence on their decisions. You can ask them yourself how much I was involved.

These are just more baseless claims by you. The fact you even said “seems to me..” shows you are just assuming and going off the crazy narrative that has been running for a few years now.

If I understand correctly:

- D$ is taking a step back from CIS
- Ariz is taking a step foward back into CIS
- Different forums on deck
- Some form of subscription service will be offered

Attach33068_20200504_182815.png

yr7n0u3qzO9nG.gif

z8AJNUSLDgNvG.gif

I don't follow your logic, but it doesn't matter. You're in the business now, another snout in the trough, I wish you well. Hopefully the value you bring these kids outweighs the cost. I'm skeptical, but in the end the market will decide.

Advertisement
I don't follow your logic, but it doesn't matter. You're in the business now, another snout in the trough, I wish you well. Hopefully the value you bring these kids outweighs the cost. I'm skeptical, but in the end the market will decide.
I don’t follow your logic either, but it also doesn’t matter.

I know what we do for these guys and they appreciate it. That’s all that matters

If you are around this weekend, DJ Ivey is holding a back to school backpack giveaway for the kids in Florida City. Would love to see you out there

Attachments

• 1E75D552-7BFA-40D8-A420-58DBC4EF5BAD.jpeg
    1E75D552-7BFA-40D8-A420-58DBC4EF5BAD.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 11
I was reporting on the Canes and recruiting from the age of 15-23. You’re crazy if you think I was planning to become an agent. I got tired of the journalism stuff but wanted to stay in sports. Had relationships with people in the industry and Malki Kawa (FRM owner) offered me a position as his assistant essentially. Nothing was lined up the morning I called D$ and told him I was moving on. I honestly did not know what I was going to do but knew I needed to step away from reporting. I became certified agent by September 2018, but if you think I was doing anything other than paperwork and sitting in on meetings in the beginning, you’re giving me way too much credit.

These players looked at me as a reporter. I knew them on a level way lower than what some of you tend to believe. I had no influence on their decisions. You can ask them yourself how much I was involved.

These are just more baseless claims by you. The fact you even said “seems to me..” shows you are just assuming and going off the crazy narrative that has been running for a few years now.
Pete - what you have just said is fair.

Obviously you are aware there is a narrative. I’ll admit to being jaded and being anti-Pete because of the way you present yourself when given the opportunity (the trolling, attitude, etc) that you have given off and the perception it creates.

You are a young buck. Obviously not a dumb one. An immature one at times but that is not exclusive to you.

You are addressing it now so better late than never but you know you have a perception out there about you and all kinds of people view and post on this boards.

When certain people connected or in the know with this program whom are trusted on this board by the members, and they come out and lambast against you it helps feed the narrative created by your profession that you are a slime bucket whether you like it or not, fair/unfair.

So I appreciate you speaking on it here and now since you are back but you gotta earn your reputation and goodwill.

Now, wether you care to or not, a whole different topic but don’t act surprised with the polarizing reaction.

Who exactly are you talking about that I “convinced” to go early.

David Njoku signed to FRM a year-plus before I started working there.

The year I started there (January 2018), Chad Thomas (3rd round), Chris Herndon (4th round), and Kendrick Norton (7th round) had already been signed with FRM for a month before I was even working there.

Kendrick Norton, if you asked him today, would not regret that decision. He took a chance on himself knowing he would be a later pick in all likelihood. That’s what players do. You can tell them where they are likely slotted to go in the eyes of the decision-makers, but at the end of the day many guys would rather take their chances being a late round pick and making some money than go back for nothing (obviously this was pre NIL). You can ask Kendrick how we have helped him after his accident and the relationship we continue to have with him to this day with his business and real estate endeavors.

You guys just don’t understand the fact that we are around players ALL THE TIME. This podcast does nothing in terms of “getting us in the building” The school is aware of our relationships and if you ask them, they actual prefer that they deal with agents through this NIL stuff than not have one.

It does us no good to sign players who are expected to be PFA/UDFA. We are investing in these guys’ training costs and that goes down the drain if he guy doesn’t make it. Do guys leave early across college football every year that probably need another year? Of course. But let’s stop blaming the agents for decisions that players make.

It’s great that @apfenny3 is with us because he can attest to the conversations we have with players. The funny thing is we have players stop talking to us because we gave them reports on their game that are not very complimentary from scouts (late round grades weaknesses in game). Some guys get upset when they see those reports but it does us no good to sugar coat it for them.
IF you're going to claim you are NOT using this to MARKET FRM... than DONT MARKET FRM.

The issue is easy to resolve in at least 2 obvious ways. Each are equally valid. either...

DONT DISPLAY/PROMOTE FRM on this site

or

pay D$ to market on this site and both you and he embrace that it's a commercial relationship.

Either of those paths are honest and genuine and I am absolutely 100% supportive of either of those two.

Do you understand the logic in what I'm saying?

Advertisement

You sound like a weird Karen making those accusations based on conjecture

IF you're going to claim you are NOT using this to MARKET FRM... than DONT MARKET FRM.

The issue is easy to resolve in at least 2 obvious ways. Each are equally valid. either...

DONT DISPLAY/PROMOTE FRM on this site

or

pay D$ to market on this site and both you and he embrace that it's a commercial relationship.

Either of those paths are honest and genuine and I am absolutely 100% supportive of either of those two.

Do you understand the logic in what I'm saying?

If you listened or watched, we make it known immediately that we are in the First Round Management studios. I never said FRM wouldn’t get marketed as a byproduct of us recording in the studio here at the office — what I said is that the fact that we have the podcast does not give us any more access to players than we already have now. In other words, we don’t need to invite a player on a podcast in order to meet them face-to-face or get them in the office for a meeting. There are plenty of cases recently as well where players reach out to us, not the other way around.

FRM has offered up their first-class studios for this project. Of course the logo will be in the background — brand recognition could be helped but this isn’t going to help us sign any more players than we already have or can still sign for NIL.

What you're stating is that YOU had no ulterior motive. I can respect that.

But I don't believe Mr Kawa hired you purely for your good looks and charming personality. He knew what access to players you had.

To think anything other than that would appear naive.

And while players signed with FRM before you worked there, you obviously also knew Mr. Kawa before he hired you. It doesn't take being a tin hat conspiracy theorist to combine those events.

ResizedP_90e2be77-1cf1-451f-8490-c21fa27ebd91_242135008299506.gif

Advertisement
What you're stating is that YOU had no ulterior motive. I can respect that.

But I don't believe Mr Kawa hired you purely for your good looks and charming personality. He knew what access to players you had.

To think anything other than that would appear naive.

And while players signed with FRM before you worked there, you obviously also knew Mr. Kawa before he hired you. It doesn't take being a tin hat conspiracy theorist to combine those events.

View attachment 203930

I knew plenty of agents down here and across the country. Including other agents that sign Miami players annually.

He had just signed David Njoku the year before that — that held a TON of weight within the locker room. The guys from Miami that have signed to FRM would have signed here with or without me.

Malki and FRM did not “need me” by any stretch. He just gave me a great opportunity and I’m appreciative of that. It has worked out well.

Free advice and maybe worth every penny...

It might be helpful to your chosen narrative if you didn't promote the agency in your gif image View attachment 203892(i dont recall a single other poster using their business icon as their gif image), and on your shirtView attachment 203893, etc, etc

...and maybe dont have the podcast shot with a prominant banner for FRM View attachment 203895in the background.

This is all called "marketing", so to say it does "nothing for any relationship with players" comes off as laughably disingenuous. Sorry to be so blunt.

I'm not saying it's not brilliant marketing for you and FRM, but to indicate you're not doing what you are doing is disappointing.

Other than trolls, we're here because we love the Canes, not because we support FRM.

FRM's interest are potentially at odds with the interests of our beloved Canes.

D$ has put a ton into this site and for what i would guess is very little monetary gain, thus far. No one blames him if he wants to monetize it, but I hope everyone is honest in their motivations AND we protect our players and program from the obvious potential pitfalls of this renewed relationship with you, Mr. Aziz.

Just trying to call each of the four card suits as i see them: ♠️❤️♣️💎

I've said my peace.

Welcome Back Pete
Exactly but Pete thinks he is smarter than everyone and is too arrogant to see through his own self. That’s just who he is.

Advertisement
Back