PODCAST: D$ is back with a rebooted show and the return of Peter Ariz

View as article
13 players on the team are signed to FRM for NIL. And with that we are allowed to interact with players as it is. Doing the podcast gives us no more access than we already have. The school knows and approves of our contact.

This is a new era. Get used to the agents having open relationships with players. It is completely normal and common.

I currently have 6 non-Hurricane clients in the NFL. So I do not rely on Miami
:****:

Advertisement
Pete talked about some attending a FRM event. Not a potential issue with some being around an agency in the NIL era of college football?
I’m not sure you understand NIL. One of Miami’s advantages in the NIL era is having so many agents locally. The student athletes receiving NIL should all have agents.

for me, I was "disappointed in Pete" when he signed players to the agency and those players left early... WAY TOO EARLY.

Hurt both Um AND those players.

Not to **** on the lovefest going on, but I think it is precarious to have an NFL agent schmoozing with our players in a manner that could lead our current players to leave WAY TOO EARLY... hurting both Um AND those players.

P.S. With all the talk here about Pete and that many thought D$ was black, it reminded me of a Netherlands folklore character, who is known as Santa Claus' sidekick

Who exactly are you talking about that I “convinced” to go early.

David Njoku signed to FRM a year-plus before I started working there.

The year I started there (January 2018), Chad Thomas (3rd round), Chris Herndon (4th round), and Kendrick Norton (7th round) had already been signed with FRM for a month before I was even working there.

Kendrick Norton, if you asked him today, would not regret that decision. He took a chance on himself knowing he would be a later pick in all likelihood. That’s what players do. You can tell them where they are likely slotted to go in the eyes of the decision-makers, but at the end of the day many guys would rather take their chances being a late round pick and making some money than go back for nothing (obviously this was pre NIL). You can ask Kendrick how we have helped him after his accident and the relationship we continue to have with him to this day with his business and real estate endeavors.

You guys just don’t understand the fact that we are around players ALL THE TIME. This podcast does nothing in terms of “getting us in the building” The school is aware of our relationships and if you ask them, they actual prefer that they deal with agents through this NIL stuff than not have one.

It does us no good to sign players who are expected to be PFA/UDFA. We are investing in these guys’ training costs and that goes down the drain if he guy doesn’t make it. Do guys leave early across college football every year that probably need another year? Of course. But let’s stop blaming the agents for decisions that players make.

It’s great that @apfenny3 is with us because he can attest to the conversations we have with players. The funny thing is we have players stop talking to us because we gave them reports on their game that are not very complimentary from scouts (late round grades, weaknesses in game). Some guys get upset when they see those reports but it does us no good to sugar coat it for them.

All good man, making a general statement.
I will say you did ban me one time for a photoshopped Susan picture. It wasn’t the ban as much as the disappointment in your text that hurt.

In saying that.. are you kin to Susan? It would make sense. Are you Susan? Hi Susan. They’re just jokes. You are a fantastic beat reporter. 🥰

Advertisement
I’m not sure you understand NIL. One of Miami’s advantages in the NIL era is having so many agents locally. The student athletes receiving NIL should all have agents.

Thank you.

The board needs to wrap their heads around the fact that we are tied in with the school these days and they are on board. We communicate with them on deals and interactions with players. This is the new era.

The year I started there (January 2018), Chad Thomas (3rd round), Chris Herndon (4th round), and Kendrick Norton (7th round) had already been signed with FRM for a month before I was even working there.

Kendrick Norton, if you asked him today, would not regret that decision. He took a chance on himself knowing he would be a later pick in all likelihood. That’s what players do. You can tell them where they are likely slotted to go in the eyes of the decision-makers, but at the end of the day many guys would rather take their chances being a late round pick and making some money than go back for nothing (obviously this was pre NIL). You can ask Kendrick how we have helped him after his accident and the relationship we continue to have with him to this day with his business and real estate endeavors.

You guys just don’t understand the fact that we are around players ALL THE TIME. This podcast does nothing in terms of “getting us in the building” The school is aware of our relationships and if you ask them, they actual prefer that they deal with agents through this NIL stuff than not have one.

It does us no good to sign players who are expected to be PFA/UDFA. We are investing in these guys’ training costs and that goes down the drain if he guy doesn’t make it. Do guys leave early across college football every year that probably need another year? Of course. But let’s stop blaming the agents for decisions that players make.

It’s great that @apfenny3 is with us because he can attest to the conversations we have with players. The funny thing is we have players stop talking to us because we gave them reports on their game that are not very complimentary from scouts (late round grades, weaknesses in game). Some guys get upset when they see those reports but it does us no good to sugar coat it for them.
Petey these are the intranets mane. Brows & scroll. Don’t engage. Laz killed a guy since you left. :6fps6:

@DMoney @Peter Ariz

Some advice since I listened to the whole thing.

1. There wasn’t much information provided that wasn’t already included in the Bank this week.
2. Some sort of structure with segments would help. Think about the way Josh Pate does it with his mailbag predictions. The structure of those segments moves the conversation.
3. Speaking of that, CIS member Q&A could be fun.
4. Pete, you don’t need to add any disclaimer about clients. We know. It just comes off worse stating the obvious. It’s like saying, no offense, but your eyebrows are animal like. Nobody cares about the bold part.
5. Guests would make it better as promised. I’m sure sponsorship opportunities for the show increase with quality guests.
6. Pete, be yourself. Nobody really cares that much. Stop being so **** cryptic on this site. Say what you want. Stop caring about what people say about you on here. You are family. Give us content and most will be forgiven or forgotten.

7. Thanks for the hard work fellas.

Advertisement
@DMoney @Peter Ariz

Some advice since I listened to the whole thing.

1. There wasn’t much information provided that wasn’t already included in the Bank this week.
2. Some sort of structure with segments would help. Think about the way Josh Pate does it with his mailbag predictions. The structure of those segments moves the conversation.
3. Speaking of that, CIS member Q&A could be fun.
4. Pete, you don’t need to add any disclaimer about clients. We know. It just comes off worse stating the obvious. It’s like saying, no offense, but your eyebrows are animal like. Nobody cares about the bold part.
5. Guests would make it better as promised. I’m sure sponsorship opportunities for the show increase with quality guests.
6. Pete, be yourself. Nobody really cares that much. Stop being so **** cryptic on this site. Say what you want. Stop caring about what people say about you on here. You are family. Give us content and most will be forgiven or forgotten.

7. Thanks for the hard work fellas.
Hesskilla out here writing self development books as an adjunct professor with a podcasting 101 class at ITT Tech.

With that said, I do agree with the CIS mailbag idea. Expecting a lot of "we fuccin or we not fuccin" questions.

Not going to lie…. I didn’t follow this site during the previous relationship with Ariz. I came in at the very end so as someone with no axe to grind I did find it a little weird that FRM was so clearly promoted. I noticed it immediately. Definitely gives the impression there’s a relationship between the two.

It won’t prevent me from listening to future podcasts btw
Although I lurked for some time beforehand, I created an account a couple of days before you so I have basically the same perception.

Perception is 80% of reality for most people. If someone is perceived a certain way, the recipient is entirely responsible for that perception. Quite frankly, with the reputation on CIS Ariz has created strictly on his own merit, I’m somewhat surprised he now seems to be a player in a new CIS initiative.

This is a free site that I appreciate having the opportunity to interact with other Canes. I don’t expect to be notified when major changes are introduced. That being said, my participation contributes in a small way to the viability of the site. Considering the perceived reputation of Ariz, a heads up about his new involvement with CIS may have dissuaded some of the negative feedback currently taking place.

Advertisement
Some of you guys are just haters. A lot of times these athletes are getting paid because of the work done by their agents/lawyers. Also, if it was me, I definitely want the person representing me to be just as much agent as he is a lawyer. The agent gets you paid and the lawyer makes sure you continue to get paid.

Hesskilla out here writing self development books as an adjunct professor with a podcasting 101 class at ITT Tech.

With that said, I do agree with the CIS mailbag idea. Expecting a lot of "we fuccin or we not fuccin" questions.
I like that idea, not sure how it works on YouTube though. Also, I specifically gave my feedback because they asked for it in these forums on the podcast.

D$ looks nothing like what I thought he would look like lol but having Pete back is is… amazing…ly chaotic and awesome welcome back please just cause chaos… I’m here for chaos

Advertisement
All of our guys have both.

One of our best NIL deals for the guys is that they get free tax work and budgeting with a local company here.

Not taking a shot at you or your intentions. Generally speaking, these guys don’t need agents and there is no need for a kid to pay a commission on their “NIL” deals. And if they do have an agent, they should not be using a lawyer referred by that agent.

Not taking a shot at you or your intentions. Generally speaking, these guys don’t need agents and there is no need for a kid to pay a commission on their “NIL” deals. And if they do have an agent, they should not be using a lawyer referred by that agent.

Do you think Leonard Taylor and Jacolby George received cars from a dealership because it just popped out of thin air? We work to get things done for these guys.

And who said they are paying commission?

We are not in this to take money out of college kids’ pockets.

I wouldn’t even bother man, these people are weird

Do you think Leonard Taylor and Jacolby George received cars from a dealership because it just popped out of thin air? We work to get things done for these guys.

And who said they are paying commission?

We are not in this to take money out of college kids’ pockets.

Getting defensive is not a good look. I have no idea what you do or charge. I can, however, make one call if you like and confirm exactly how you structure your contracts if you want to continue this discussion. I think I made it pretty clear my comments weren’t directed to you.

Advertisement
Back