PODCAST: D$ is back with a rebooted show and the return of Peter Ariz

View as article
Advertisement
D$ looking like pre-cocaine James Coley

What a handsome fella

pause
Interested Go On GIF by reactionseditor

Dmoney, I don’t think you answered the question after law school reference. Are you licensed in FL?

And I have seen some posts that say Pete is “just not a likable guy.” Maybe in the past … and maybe just based on his older posts. But he sure seems to have come a long way. Sounded humble and did very well. Bravo, Pete.

Advertisement
13 players on the team are signed to FRM for NIL. And with that we are allowed to interact with players as it is. Doing the podcast gives us no more access than we already have. The school knows and approves of our contact.

This is a new era. Get used to the agents having open relationships with players. It is completely normal and common.

I currently have 6 non-Hurricane clients in the NFL. So I do not rely on Miami
I have no problem with it. It’s a smart business move. The podcast is a means to an end. It’s just like networking as a sales rep. I’m not hating on it. Just pointing out that you came back to it after being an *** but have realized it’s what butters the bread. Relationships matter not your title or job. You are smart a kid just a little arrogant but are learning it’s not about you.

Advertisement
I have no problem with it. It’s a smart business move. The podcast is a means to an end. It’s just like networking as a sales rep. I’m not hating on it. Just pointing out that you came back to it after being an *** but have realized it’s what butters the bread. Relationships matter not your title or job. You are smart a kid just a little arrogant but are learning it’s not about you.
You completely missed the point. Podcasting doesn’t butter any bread for me. There is no means to an end here. Doing this does nothing for any relationship with players.

We already have as much access to players as we want or need. Not everything is deeper than it appears

I don't believe that's actually D Money, I think he just dubbed his voice over that guy.

Advertisement
You completely missed the point. Podcasting doesn’t butter any bread for me. There is no means to an end here. Doing this does nothing for any relationship with players.

We already have as much access to players as we want or need. Not everything is deeper than it appears
If that’s what your truly think maybe think differently. You having a podcast that is not just selling is a better way to build and get access to these guys. You can’t be that ******* dumb to not leverage that aspect when there are a 100 other agents not running a podcast. The podcast is cool and and added benefit to you building more trust not actively having to sell these kids.

Let’s not forget - @DMoney and @Peter Ariz helped both create and bring excellent content to this site because the other sites runners were doing ****** jobs. I was at the tail end of grassy / scout. Maybe even the last 6 mos or so (in the Dannyboy/Randy Shannon era) before I found this place in 2011 and I was a lurker only back then. I post more on the WEZ - but strictly football here. I’d like to know the story of the development of the Wez and Canesinsight and how they are run by the same peeps but separated. The Wez is obviously off-content but still plenty of canes football - they also bought the banners. But early on - the Wez and Canesinight were one website. Wez still links here obviously. But why the split?

Edit. Probably University affiliations and press rights I’m guessing. The []_[] probably wants nothing to do with the Wez. Just my guess.

Advertisement
Great Show! Not sure where all the Peter hate comes from.
for me, I was "disappointed in Pete" when he signed players to the agency and those players left early... WAY TOO EARLY.

Hurt both Um AND those players.

Not to **** on the lovefest going on, but I think it is precarious to have an NFL agent schmoozing with our players in a manner that could lead our current players to leave WAY TOO EARLY... hurting both Um AND those players.

P.S. With all the talk here about Pete and that many thought D$ was black, it reminded me of a Netherlands folklore character, who is known as Santa Claus' sidekick

Last edited:

Free advice and maybe worth every penny...

It might be helpful to your chosen narrative if you didn't promote the agency in your gif image 3894.jpg(i dont recall a single other poster using their business icon as their gif image), and on your shirtScreenshot_20220812-113958_Opera.jpg, etc, etc

...and maybe dont have the podcast shot with a prominant banner for FRM Screenshot_20220812-115905_Opera.jpgin the background.

This is all called "marketing", so to say it does "nothing for any relationship with players" comes off as laughably disingenuous. Sorry to be so blunt.

I'm not saying it's not brilliant marketing for you and FRM, but to indicate you're not doing what you are doing is disappointing.

Other than trolls, we're here because we love the Canes, not because we support FRM.

FRM's interest are potentially at odds with the interests of our beloved Canes.

D$ has put a ton into this site and for what i would guess is very little monetary gain, thus far. No one blames him if he wants to monetize it, but I hope everyone is honest in their motivations AND we protect our players and program from the obvious potential pitfalls of this renewed relationship with you, Mr. Aziz.

Just trying to call each of the four card suits as i see them: ♠️❤️♣️💎

I've said my peace.

Welcome Back Pete

Last edited:
Free advice and maybe worth every penny...

It might be helpful to your chosen narrative if you didn't promote the agency in your gif image (i dont recall a single other poster using their business icon as their gif image), and on your shirts, etc, etc

...and maybe dont have the podcast shot with a prominant banner for FRM in the background.

This is all called "marketing", so to say it does "nothing for any relationship with players" comes off as laughably disingenuous. Sorry to be so blunt.

I'm not saying it's not brilliant marketing for you and FRM, but to indicate you're not doing what you are doing is disappointing.

Other than trolls, were here because we love the Canes, not because we support FRM.

FRM's interest are potentially at odds with the interests of our beloved Canes.

D$ has put a ton into this site and for what i would guess is very little monetary gain, thus far. No one blames him if he wants to monetize it, but I hope everyone is honest in their motivations AND we protect our players and progran from the obvious potential pitfalls of this renewed relationship with Mr. Aziz.

I've said my peace.

Welcome Back Pete

View attachment 203895

View attachment 203892View attachment 203893
Not going to lie…. I didn’t follow this site during the previous relationship with Ariz. I came in at the very end so as someone with no axe to grind I did find it a little weird that FRM was so clearly promoted. I noticed it immediately. Definitely gives the impression there’s a relationship between the two.

It won’t prevent me from listening to future podcasts btw

Advertisement
Back