PODCAST: D$ is back with a rebooted show and the return of Peter Ariz

Advertisement
Never said the NIL wasn’t an opportunity for us to build that relationship for the long term. That’s what makes it great — we can build a real foundation with them and they aren’t making decisions based off of sales pitches at the end of the agent process. It’s not necessarily “loyalty” because we help them get deals. But more about us showing them how we work and operate.

What I’ve said and will continue to maintain. The podcast does nothing to help us sign more players for NIL.

Hard for me to trust someone who roots for the knicks. If DMoney says you're solid, I will roll with it.

Lmfao poor Pete. Guy gets slandered with a bunch of false, speculative BS. He defends himself. And then people rip him for being “defensive” or “condescending” when he politely lets them know that they have no idea what they’re talking about.

The Pete haters come across as a bunch of soft-shouldered betas whining because their GF left them for someone else.

I, for one, just prefer people are honest.

Have no issue whatsoever with D$ (and anyone else who is a financial benefactor of this site) getting PROMOTIONAL money and Pete/FRM proceeding to PROMOTE.

But Pete keeps saying that FRM already has (implied: all of) the relationships with the players (it wants) and this does nothing for relationships with players.

Here is but one of his exact quotes:
"There is no means to an end here. Doing this does nothing for any relationship with players.

We already have as much access to players as we want or need. Not everything is deeper than it appears
"

It was always simple if someone is straightforward and honest. He could even now just say something like "After thinking about it, yes, doing the podcast and being associated with CIS is a great way for me and FRM to get more exposure to sign even more players--- especially now that Mario and team are bringing in 1st round talent. It would be great if we can parlay this into deals with Francis, Popo, Williams, Wayne, etc. And we have made our deal with D$ that will help keep CIS financially viable. It's a win win for all."

So poor little unfortunate and bullied Pete is perhaps not really a thing. But many of us wish forthrightness was.

d4db5550-8b83-4aab-9c54-55b3609a3848_275064647357205.gif

Advertisement
I, for one, just prefer people are honest.

Have no issue whatsoever with D$ (and anyone else who is a financial benefactor of this site) getting PROMOTIONAL money and Pete/FRM proceeding to PROMOTE.

But Pete keeps saying that FRM already has (implied: all of) the relationships with the players (it wants) and this does nothing for relationships with players.

Here is but one of his exact quotes:
"There is no means to an end here. Doing this does nothing for any relationship with players.

We already have as much access to players as we want or need. Not everything is deeper than it appears
"

It was always simple if someone is straightforward and honest. He could even now just say something like "After thinking about it, yes, doing the podcast and being associated with CIS is a great way for me and FRM to get more exposure to sign even more players--- especially now that Mario and team are bringing in 1st round talent. It would be great if we can parlay this into deals with Francis, Popo, Williams, Wayne, etc. And we have made our deal with D$ that will help keep CIS financially viable. It's a win win for all."

So poor little unfortunate and bullied Pete is perhaps not really a thing. But many of us wish forthrightness was.

View attachment 204027
The podcast will help his players when sponsors pay for them to be interviewed. FRM donated their studio and Pete donated his time. The whole podcast went from making money to losing money. This is how we can help players and participate in NIL. We need sponsors to sponsor interviews.

Advertisement
The podcast will help his players when sponsors pay for them to be interviewed. FRM donated their studio and Pete donated his time. The whole podcast went from making money to losing money. This is how we can help players and participate in NIL. We need sponsors to sponsor interviews.
So if sponsors have to pay for the interviews that means that it’s a way for FRM to promote the players and get them NIL.

Which means that can be sold to players as a way to make NIL which means the time donated, the being done out of the goodness of the heart.

It is really a way to help promote the business and make it up in the back end.

That’s the way I read it and if so, just say that’s what it is and not try to paint it in any other way.

Advertisement
How does UM compliance feel about a sports agency providing student athletes with gratis media and NIL representation? I'm sure there's no quid pro quo (sarcasm). Will FRM do their laundry and fold their socks?

How does UM compliance feel about a sports agency providing student athletes with gratis media and NIL representation? I'm sure there's no quid pro quo (sarcasm). Will FRM do their laundry and fold their socks?

@DMoney I agree with this.

If Pete and Undrafted Free Agent Management didn't see this as anything other than a quid pro quo, they wouldn't do it. An employee of an agency that represents NFL players working with CIS -- a media outlet covering the team -- interviewing players and staff members.

The SEC-loving NCAA and UF/FSU-loving state regulators would salivate to see the U go down. I can just imagine their interpretation of this. Anyone remember Nevin Shapiro?

IMHO, this smells like the bay at low tide when the sea weed is at its peak. Overreacting? Maybe. But I strongly urge you to run this by the U's compliance office and NIL experts like Ruiz before jumping into bed with FRM.

I'd just say if FRM is going to be promoted so heavily on this site - especially on podcasts which could get quite big, then CIS should be getting a decent payout from it that could go to hiring, making site improvements, etc. Maybe rent/build their own podcast studio (doesn't have to be anything crazy) that can serve as the location for multiple podcasts - not just FRM "donating" their studio for 1. And if this actually is just a partnership between Ariz and D$ linking back up with CIS, and FRM doesn't have anything to do with it, then they shouldn't get so much free marketing. Seems pretty simple to me.

Personally I agree this isn't going to give Ariz/FRM any more connection to current players than they already have or can get if they wanted. That doesn't mean it won't build other connections and strengthen those relationships with current players. So Sure Pete is probably telling the truth regarding that, but it's still kinda deceitful cause obviously they will be benefiting from it.

Separate from the Podcast, How Pete wants to promote FRM in the forums is completely up to him (and the MODs), but he also shouldn't be surprised when people don't like that. This much is very simple - people aren't going to like a particular sports agency getting shoveled down our throats by Pete on the forums when there is not going to be any additional material/info/discussion brought to the forums by him. Like seriously look at ANY reply/thread post by Pete the last 4 years - its exclusively content tied to FRM, or dumb as **** pointless threads that provide literally NOTHING - that any other poster would get banned from starting threads over. If Pete wants to be active in the Forums, maybe he should just act like every other porster and just discuss Miami football. I know its a crazy concept, but it would go a long way - and would benefit Pete, FRM, and CIS users equally. We get better discussions/info, the perception of them will majorly improve by CIS users, and thus all the parents/players/coaches that use this forum will likely view them better. And a small difference can go a long way.

Advertisement
Of course!

And you're providing truth rather than obfuscation.

My issues with Pete is his decision (thus far) to treat the reality like an enemy and spinning stuff like he's hopeing to be the future mayor of Miami.

Your straight talk is, and always has been unquestioned and heartily welcomed.

May i humbly suggest that you take "Still youthful Pete" under your tutelage and teach him to embrace and communicate in an equally straight manner?

ResizedP_9d53cce0-dba6-4a40-bcad-1a8a189d7638_1479057037037.gif
2e01fb33-b04d-43ba-a164-7d012d02aa93_1572127765075.gif

Thrilled @Peter Ariz is back. Old school (like 90's UM graduate old) fan of Pete, D$, and CIS, and I'll be damned if D$ looking like Al Pacino doesn't make him even cooler.

@apfenny3, you ever do the game watches in Denver?

Advertisement
Back