Please rank our assistant and position coaches in order of their quality.

Kev my man, give it a rest bruh... Lil Jon is not some elite QB coach that is unfairly receiving criticism.

He's the coaches son, that's his best quality thus far. He does a great job extolling out Papa Richt's philosophy to the targets. Mark is a very busy man, so he has tasks to delegate down to Jon, but it's not like Jon is out there on his own making evals & handing out offers. Everything is run through Mark, but Jon does the grunt work.

He's not even 30 yet, if he wasn't Mark's son he would be a GA, he's literally learning on the job. Let him get a little more dirt on his hands for a few years before Secret Service style diving in front of bullets for him.

Never said he was great. I’m just pointing out that it’s a lazy take to down the guy just for being the coaches son. Our QB recruiting has been better than it has in quite awhile. Development remains to be seen but rosier has outplayed what we expected of him.

Rumph however I will argue for. That dude coaches up his position like crazy.

Advertisement
Never said he was great. I’m just pointing out that it’s a lazy take to down the guy just for being the coaches son. Our QB recruiting has been better than it has in quite awhile. Development remains to be seen but rosier has outplayed what we expected of him.

Rumph however I will argue for. That dude coaches up his position like crazy.
Our QB recruitng is a direct correlation to Mark, he's the de facto QB coach & Rosier's development is 100% on Mark's coaching. You're giving Jon points for things his dad does.

I don't want to get into having to make a bottom half of that list so I'm going to be a puss and just say that Donk Dugans is the total package- coaching, recruiting & intangibles. Lex Luger is jealous.

Advertisement
Searles, and Jon Richt should be fired.
Hartley should be relegated to recruiting coordinator.
Patke also fired. Rumph on notice.
CMR get ready to make changes or get ready to be the change made. The writing is on the wall. Paradise is not happy beating savannah state. And at some point you need to at least show a pulse against top competition. His UM run is looking eerily similar to that of AG and RS. Year three preseason ranked high, not meeting expectations.

Advertisement
I love the plausible deniability about LSU stats on offense that somehow the Miami D played admirably. LSU shut it down after being up 27-3. Early on they made it look easy with a transfer QB on his 1st start. Another terrible QB looking like Aaron Rodgers that is 4 QBs who are not very good. This is not even counting the other QBs last season who resembled Jim Kelly in his prime.

When The Canes played Nebraska in The Rose Bowl they scored a total of 3 points in the 2nd half. Does this mean the Nebraska D played a helluva game that night?

Not to mention he’s brought in the most blue chip recruits out of any position coach the last 2 years. People know these schools are throwing bags the most at that position in south Florida but still want to blame coach rumph for it.

1. Thomas brown #1 excellent coaching and excellent recruiting. Great personality and doesn’t sugar coat sh*t.

2. Ron Dugans great coaching, excellent recruiting. Our level of play at receiver has improved especially with blocking. Need to keep working with the receivers with their hands making them more consistent.

3. Manny Diaz- he gets it plain and simple and I’m estastic with the strides we are making on our defense. But that doesn’t mean it’s perfect. We definitely have things we got to work on for our defense to be an elite top 10 defense.

4.Mike Rumph , good recruiter not great, great coach imo.Needs to continue to work with the corners on their awareness. Has shown that he can develop guys.

5. Coach Banda- our safety play the last 2 years has been great, good recruiter(he’s missed on guys too). Can relate well to recruits.

6. Todd Hartley- excellent recruiter, pretty good coach but I need to see more from his special teams units especially at kick return.

7. Stacy Searels- I really like His recruiting and he’s definitely reshaping the talent level of our oline. He’s a solid coach imo and has a hard task of developing lineman. Our oline has improved since he’s been here.

8. Jon Richt- he has recruited very well (outside of this year). Honestly I think He had a great relationship with Michael Johnson jr but not everyone is a fit in Miami’s locker room and you can take that however you want it.. I like the play overall of our qbs the last 2 years and the Young guys are developing .

9. Jess Simpson, coaching at this level remains to be seen. However he was an excellent coach at Buford knows how to bring things out of kids for sure. Seems like he resonates well when recruiting kids. Will see how he does this year. People talk a lot about coach Kool, but a lot of the draft scouts Who evaluate Miami’s dline always say how raw our dlineman were even with coach kool teaching them for two years. Always thought that was interesting to say the least given kools reputation. The dline can certainly improve though and I’m excited to see what happens.

10. Jon patke- coaching ultimately remains to be seen obviously but I know He worked a lot with our linebackers last year and imo while they were really solid they didn’t take the jump I expected They would. Remains to be seen. I really like his recruiting though.
Re rank
1. Manny diaz
2. Mike rumph
3. Thomas brown
4. Ron Dugans
5. Ephraim Banda
6. Jess Simpson
7. Todd Hartley
8. Patke
9. Searels
10. Richt jr

Advertisement
Based on this season???

1. Manny
2. Rumph
3. Simpson
4. Banda
5. Patke
6. Brown
7. Dugans
8. Searels
9. Hartley
10. Richt Jr.

Re rank
1. Manny diaz
2. Mike rumph
3. Thomas brown
4. Ron Dugans
5. Ephraim Banda
6. Jess Simpson
7. Todd Hartley
8. Patke
9. Searels
10. Richt jr

Diaz
Simpson
Rumph
Banda
Dugans
Patke
Hartley
Brown
Searles
Jr

That list of names is an embarrassment.

Lil Richt. Patke. Banda. Rumph. Simpson. All first time position coaches.

Hartley still green. Searles retread. Brown/Dugans/Diaz solid.

Advertisement
Until Patke overachieves and lands a big time recruit I’m not sure why he is rated so high. Yes Romeo Finley played well, but it’s not like Patke magically coached him up. He was a 4star that just found the right position

1. Manny Diaz
2. Jess Simpson
3. Mike Rumph
4. Ephraim Banda
5. Patke
6. F'uck
7. The
8. Offensive
9. Assistant
10. Coaches

I like your rankings. I would make a few changes.

Ron Dugans- Top WR coach in the country
Thomas Brown- Elite Recruiter/Technician
Mike Rumph- Underrated coach/Takes more heat than he should in recruiting
Diaz- Good DC, Great LB coach, Defensive recruiting woes start here.
Todd Hartley- Top Recruiter/Jury still out on coaching. You have to put ST coaching on him.
Stacey Searels- Good Recruiter
Ephriam Banda
Jon Richt
Jonathan Patke
Jess Simpson

Diaz
Rumph
Banda
Simpson
Dugans
Patke
Hartley