Please rank our assistant and position coaches in order of their quality.

No respect for rumph ever.

One second y’all want prima donnas and one second y’all dont. His recruiting has been just fine and if Malek didn’t get hurt we’d be sitting pretty **** good.

He makes our CBs better and our young talent has already been showing flashes.

Advertisement
What you do alone with your jar of coconut oil is utterly absurd.

Keep your greasy palms outta my thread.

thx carry on

Coconut oil has done wonders for my HDLs, thank you for asking. As for the thread, you might as well ask which coach has the best bowling game.

Stay on topic
Coconut oil has done wonders for my HDLs, thank you for asking. As for the thread, you might as well ask which coach has the best bowling game.

You do know that had that been the topic, bowling, there are plenty of people here who think they know the correct order. Not only that, but they would argue their position until their death saying how they're right.

Advertisement
This Miami Hurricanes football assistant is the only one on staff w a national championship ring as a coach ...

1534471760310.gif

Advertisement
For me I would have to rank Hartley the TE coach and recruiter in the top 4, but Hartley the SP coach second from the bottom. He might need assistance from other coaches with SP, its a full-time job in itself.

Ron Dugans- Top WR coach in the country
Thomas Brown- Elite Recruiter/Technician
Todd Hartley- Top Recruiter/Solid TE coach
Diaz- Good DC, Great LB coach, Good Recruiter
Mike Rumph- Underrated coach
Jess Simpson- Sleeper of the group
Stacey Searels- Good Recruiter
Ephriam Banda
Jon Richt
Jonathan Patke
I like your rankings. I would make a few changes.

Ron Dugans- Top WR coach in the country
Thomas Brown- Elite Recruiter/Technician
Mike Rumph- Underrated coach/Takes more heat than he should in recruiting
Diaz- Good DC, Great LB coach, Defensive recruiting woes start here.
Todd Hartley- Top Recruiter/Jury still out on coaching. You have to put ST coaching on him.
Stacey Searels- Good Recruiter
Ephriam Banda
Jon Richt
Jonathan Patke
Jess Simpson- Way to early to judge.

Advertisement
Always glad to see that I am not alone in holding off having an opinion on Simpson. May be great or may be a bust. It’s too early. He made his stripes as a high school coach. Forget the pro experience. That looks on paper like he didn’t exactly have that much to talk about.

Everything, technical coaching acumen, recruiting wise, factor it all in. Thanks for your input.

I wont pollute the answers with my opinion. Here they are as they are listed on hurricanesports.com

Thomas Brown
Manny Diaz
Ron Dugans
Todd Hartley
Ephriam Banda
Jonathan Patke
Jon Richt
Mike Rumph
Stacey Searels
Jess Simpson

(really want to hear what @rokulika thinks)

Manny Diaz
Thomas Brown
Ron Dugans
Mike Rumph
Banda
Searles
Hartley
Richt
Simpson
Patke

Advertisement
Not sure how anyone can rank patke and simpson without one game under their belt so i'll give them an N/A for now.

Ron Dugans - top 10 wr core. good job
Thomas Brown - top 10 rb group. good job
Ephriam Banda - recruits well, coaches well. loses a few points for trotting knowles out there.
Mike Rumph - recruiting looking up. coaching solid.
Todd Hartley - recruits well but seems like an empty suit in the coaching dept. specials teams horrid.
Manny Diaz - see below.
Stacey Searels - everyone blames rosier for the losses last year but watch the tape and focus on the oline. his position takes the longest to develop
so i'm optimistic he can move up the rankings. could jump over diaz and hartley with a good showing this year.
Jon Richt - coffee fetcher, all around waste of a paycheck.

diaz is the shiniest ****. We've had such a long streak of **** DC's that we applaud him for basically being the best of the worst. he can be outcoached easily. his defense last year was 1 in sacks, 3 in TO's and 4 in TFL yet total defense ranking was 38. how the **** are you top 5 in those categories and 38th overall? oh yeah, 3rd down pct - 75, redzone - 105, 1 st down - 84. he's money on second downs, ****** on 1st and third. I'll admit the d is funner to watch but watching teams convert 3rd and long over and over is getting real old, real quick. if his striker thing doesn't pan out time to move on.

neg away, i can take it.

I will leave out Jess Simpson and Jonathan Patke because they have only been here for a few months.

Ron Dugans
Thomas Brown
Manny Diaz
Todd Hartley
Ephriam Banda
Stacey Searels
Mike Rumph
Jon Richt

There is a huge drop off from 4 to 5.

Hard for me to say without knowing exactly what they do. (it's not fair to base coaching ability simply off on-field performance, some coaches are working with a different cupboard)

If I'm going off of what I see on the field, nobody's unit shines like Dugan's. [pause]
You constantly see those guys display great technique. It's blatantly obvious that they're being coached-up. The way they block, the way they run their routes, etc. IMO they're easily the best coached unit on the team.

I've seen Simpson and Searels coach in person. I like the intensity from both of them, particularly Simpson. Tons of fire. Quintessential DL coach. I like Rumph and Hartley too. Hartley gets on the TE's asses.

I'm sorry but how can Rumph be a "wild card" and in anybody's Top5 considering he cannot close any of his top DB targets (yet alone his old HS), Dean & Delaney never really did anything, and his NFL claim-to-fame Adrian Colbert got moved to Safety. Good dude and a True Cane, but not an elite coach yet on a staff with some elite coaches.

Advertisement
Back