Players quit basically Manny said

You sound silly af. Miami got out coached plain and simple. They made a mockery out of Phillips running up the field play after play. I was laughing on the game day board asking when are they gonna tell Phillips to chill. They ran the same ***** play over and over and Miami couldn't stop it. That's a chitty coach/ coaching staff and that's what you have when you have poor eyes in the press box.

Diaz is lucky Miami's ad is a pos or he wouldn't be here.
It's not that plain or simple. Sure we were out-coached but the players themselves will tell you they laid down by the time it was 21-3, particularly the OL and DL. We don't allow 62 points and 800 yards unless people stop trying.

I mean, do we really think the players were in the locker room pre-game, hyping each other up with stuff like, "dog, if we win today we get to play in a bowl game with no stakes 20 miles from campus in an empty stadium! Let's get fired up and finish in the top 10!! Let's do it so we can sign a great recruiting class!!! And let's go into next season with super awesome momentum!!!

Stop. Fans care about all of that. If the players felt the OB was worth fighting for they would have fought for it.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Brother; Jalen Hurts was just clocked at 15 mph, dusting ppl. The Cheetah has been clocked at 21.9 mph.

U trying to tell me, that Manny is saying we had 8-10 players running faster than Jalen Hurts & just as, if not faster than Tyriq Hill??? Is Manny really trying to say we were running that fast on Saturday? 8-10 guys worthy???

I need him gone, now. Can’t trust this dude.
Sure they were. Did you not see them fleeing from those UNC running backs?

It's not that plain or simple. Sure we were out-coached but the players themselves will tell you they laid down by the time it was 21-3, particularly the OL and DL. We don't allow 62 points and 800 yards unless people stop trying.

I mean, do we really think the players were in the locker room pre-game, hyping each other up with stuff like, "dog, if we win today we get to play in a bowl game with no stakes 20 miles from campus in an empty stadium! Let's get fired up and finish in the top 10!! Let's do it so we can sign a great recruiting class!!! And let's go into next season with super awesome momentum!!!

Stop. Fans care about all of that. If the players felt the OB was worth fighting for they would have fought for it.

You know who else had nothing to play for? UNC. And they stomped us.

Your post basically amounts to "we would have done much better but our players quit and that's perfectly okay." Nope. Soft a$$ if true.

Miami and UNC's situations heading into Saturday were night and day different.

Saturday: Clemson beats VT around the same time that our game against Duke was ending, officially elimininating Miami in the ACC. Strike 1.

Sunday: Gametime announced for 3:30pm and not primetime as expected with our black unis.

Tuesday: CFP rankings get released and we remain behind Georgia and Iowa State despite a 48-0 road victory. Al Blades diagnosed with heart issue. Strike 2.

Friday: Our final game and opportunity gets cancelled out of nowhere. Strike 3.

UNC arrives here having known for weeks that a win over Miami would end a disappointing season on a high note.

It was their Super Bowl.

This was the perfect storm of one team being completely disiniterested/deflated and another with nothing to lose but everything to gain.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Miami and UNC's situations heading into Saturday were night and day different.

Saturday: Clemson beats VT around the same time that our game against Duke was ending, officially elimininating Miami in the ACC. Strike 1.

Tuesday: CFP rankings get released and we remain behind Georgia and Iowa State despite a 48-0 road victory. Strike 2.

Friday: Our final game and opportunity gets cancelled out of nowhere. Strike 3.

UNC arrives here having known for weeks that a win over Miami would end a disappointing season on a high note.

It was their Super Bowl.

This was the perfect storm of one team being completely disiniterested/deflated and another with nothing to lose but everything to gain.

Couple more points:

- ACC had already determined the ACC Championship teams by cutting ND/Clemson's season short, avoiding a potential loss to either, especially Clemson to FSU (not likely, but if you don't play the game, it doesn't happen). Players know they are screwed no matter how hard they have tried.

- Al Blades Jr. develops Myocarditis. The impact of this on the team and Manny's cavalier attitude to it shows what a failure he is as a leader. Take a look at this:

https://healthprep.com/heart-diseas...itis&msclkid=0dac07e835871a3b8f7a58313e412463

You don't think every players parents, GF/Friends and other influncers were not concerned about them playing? You don't think the players might not of thought "What if there is a different strain of COVID we have that makes us more likely to develop Myocarditis?" I've supervised a large group of mostly 18-24 year olds the size of a football team...Trust me rumors like this get around like wildfire. As soon as the Blades' diagnose came in, Manny should have COVID'd out of the game, ***** the ACC, they don't mind ******** you. Players are now fearful of going top speed and it showed during the game.

- As soon as they walked on the field, they see ref Jeff, the glasses wearing redneck ref and his crew. They call Miami on everything, especially when they are playing Swofford's Tar S#!+s...The players know they are going to be jobbed right away and think "What is the use?"

There are times you have to pull your unit "out of the line" because they are at their breaking point. Diaz should have know what the internal dynamic of his team is and made the call to COVID as I mentioned above...Not after you got on your knees like a good ACC stooge. Diaz needs to be fired for not taking care of his team. I correctly called the whole CVN-71 situation on the COVID 19 forum...Just like that situation, failure of leadership doomed the team, simple as that.

I know this much...

Being misaligned on defense, being out-numbered at the point of attack, DL not having gap control, etc etc etc...have NOTHING to do with them quitting.
We saw it before, going all the way back to the Louisville game.

We were poorly coached and poorly prepared. That had nothing to do with them quitting.

I know this much...

Being misaligned on defense, being out-numbered at the point of attack, DL not having gap control, etc etc etc...have NOTHING to do with them quitting.

We were poorly coached and poorly prepared. That had nothing to do with them quitting.

Say it again so the clowns can read it.

Advertisement
I know this much...

I didn't think they quit at all. There were several short yardage situations late in the game where the kids were clearly fighting and didn't quit at all. It was just way too little, way too late. They never got off the bus, they were poorly prepared, not ready to play, and let UNC do whatever they wanted. I didn't feel they quit in the least bit. Tough to say somebody quit when they never showed up in the first place.

I know this much...

Manny can hire a real dc and let him run the show and help
Him be a successful hc or he can keep his G5 staff and be al golden

I didn't think they quit at all. There were several short yardage situations late in the game where the kids were clearly fighting and didn't quit at all. It was just way too little, way too late. They never got off the bus, they were poorly prepared, not ready to play, and let UNC do whatever they wanted. I didn't feel they quit in the least bit. Tough to say somebody quit when they never showed up in the first place.
This is why I said the game was over before it started. The ACC title was the goal all season and we remained in contention until Saturday 12/5. Once that goal became unattainable preparation for UNC went down the toilet. But I absolutely think our guys laid down mentally on Saturday. Sure there may have been some moments where we gave some effort but overall there was a film of listlessness covering the whole afternoon, and when things got bad in the 2nd quarter there was zero hope of crawling out of that hole.

Advertisement
This is why I said the game was over before it started. The ACC title was the goal all season and we remained in contention until Saturday 12/5. Once that goal became unattainable preparation for UNC went down the toilet. But I absolutely think our guys laid down mentally on Saturday. Sure there may have been some moments where we gave some effort but overall there was a film of listlessness covering the whole afternoon, and when things got bad in the 2nd quarter there was zero hope of crawling out of that hole.

A lot of validity to this. And this isn't a Manny or Baker thing, either. This has been the DNA of this program for a long, long time. Once there's nothing to play for, let's just roll our helmets onto the field, hope the other team cowers in fear, and if they don't, we're probably gonna get our shlt pushed in. So maybe there's some credence to what you're saying as far as the ACC Championship. We're all sitting here talking about the NY6 and how there's so much to play for, and the reality is that's true. But within the locker room maybe there's a subconscious letdown once you realize you're not playing for the ACC anymore. Either way, nothing in the universe forgives or excuses what we saw on Saturday. I don't care what the mentality of the kids and team are, you can NEVER be drubbed like that. But you definitely make a good point.

Either way, nothing in the universe forgives or excuses what we saw on Saturday. I don't care what the mentality of the kids and team are, you can NEVER be drubbed like that.
This is all that really matters. Allowing that to happen represented a total failure on the part of everyone! Even us, somehow.

Bro; I’m tempted to find the interview now. There’s no way he could’ve said that. If he did, FIRE HIM NOW, off strength! Lol. So now we got guys running faster than the fastest human on earth, and most land animals....and we got 50 of em??! Lol. I gotta know if he said that chit. Lol.

You could add up all of our linebackers top speeds and not hit 35 mph

Advertisement
In his interview this morning. Said they were emotionally exhausted.

I’m not here to bash the players and staph we got what we got. I think there is some validity to this comment by Diaz.

As someone else posted. Pandemic season, rules, regulations, games cancelled, no love from the media with ranking, ACC giving ND and Clemson no games at end to get them to the ACC championship, Ga Tech quitting etc.... all came to a head on Saturday and we saw it on the field.

Some of the players just quit. I’m sure they don’t even care about the bowl game. **** half the schools eligible already said the same thing and have opted out. Duke let their kids go home cause they were emotionally drained according to coach K.

It’s easy to keep piling on but this season has been a mess and these kids stuck it through when they really didn’t have to. Teams quit and players opted out all over the country. We finished 8-2 and up until Saturday it was pretty **** entertaining for a season some weren’t sure we would have.

let’s see if manny makes the staffing changes needed on defense and regroup for 2021. Lock in a potential top 10 class also.

By that rationale, wouldn't North Carolina also have been "emotionally exhausted"? Played 11 games this year, had a few games rescheduled, etc. Two weeks off a crushing loss to Notre Dame at home and had to get up for Miami a week after playing a patsy in Western Carolina—yet didn't get idiotically big-headed over beating them like Miami did in crushing Duke.

While Manny's reasoning may be valid in that sure, the kids were "emotionally exhausted"—news flash; the entire country is, including every team playing college football right now. His implication is that Miami is going through something that no one else is, which makes the excuse weak as ****.

Fact remains North Carolina came to HardRock and played like their lives depended on it—a full-blown game plan to punch the Canes in the mouth, to pound the football, to run some trick plays to rub salt in the wound and to try and earn an Orange Bowl berth.

Conversely, the Canes showed up thinking the were hot **** after the recent win-streak, invincible after some close comeback wins and feeling like they could just waltz through the finale—as if North Carolina was going to roll over like Duke did.

I'm sorry, but this is another poor excuse of leadership from Manny—coddling these kids and acting as if the team across from them didn't have the same issues going on these past few months.

(As for Coach K—please. how convenient that he waved the white flag at 2-2 soon after Illinois just whipped the Blue Devils' asses, 83-68. No way that drowned rat is calling anything off if his team was a dominant 4-0 right now. Stop it.)

By that rationale, wouldn't North Carolina also have been "emotionally exhausted"? Played 11 games this year, had a few games rescheduled, etc. Two weeks off a crushing loss to Notre Dame at home and had to get up for Miami a week after playing a patsy in Western Carolina—yet didn't get idiotically big-headed over beating them like Miami did in crushing Duke.

While Manny's reasoning may be valid in that sure, the kids were "emotionally exhausted"—news flash; the entire country is, including every team playing college football right now. His implication is that Miami is going through something that no one else is, which makes the excuse weak as ****.

Fact remains North Carolina came to HardRock and played like their lives depended on it—a full-blown game plan to punch the Canes in the mouth, to pound the football, to run some trick plays to rub salt in the wound and to try and earn an Orange Bowl berth.

Conversely, the Canes showed up thinking the were hot **** after the recent win-streak, invincible after some close comeback wins and feeling like they could just waltz through the finale—as if North Carolina was going to roll over like Duke did.

I'm sorry, but this is another poor excuse of leadership from Manny—coddling these kids and acting as if the team across from them didn't have the same issues going on these past few months.

(As for Coach K—please. how convenient that he waved the white flag at 2-2 soon after Illinois just whipped the Blue Devils' asses, 83-68. No way that drowned rat is calling anything off if his team was a dominant 4-0 right now. Stop it.)
Did you forget Miami started the whole College Football thing off in early September? Including pre-season practice, these kids have been going at it for close to four months, playing with different lineups, having teammates get sick, restrictions on their movements, etc. Ever been in an AOC/OCS/Boot Camp scenario? Lots of similarities in this case and trust me it wears on you even if it is just a training environment.

"showed up thinking the (sic)were hot ****" So do tell what your sources are proving this? rok and I have given multiple reasons why their heads were not in the game and I squarely have rested it on Manny's shoulders for not being able to take the pulse of his team and act accordingly to protect them. Have you led young people in stressful situations when they constantly have conditions (Homesickness, Bad food, GF breaking up with them, and the big one, getting killed or wounded) affecting their psyche? Or do you just report on others leading these young people...

In his interview this morning. Said they were emotionally exhausted.

I’m not here to bash the players and staph we got what we got. I think there is some validity to this comment by Diaz.

As someone else posted. Pandemic season, rules, regulations, games cancelled, no love from the media with ranking, ACC giving ND and Clemson no games at end to get them to the ACC championship, Ga Tech quitting etc.... all came to a head on Saturday and we saw it on the field.

Some of the players just quit. I’m sure they don’t even care about the bowl game. **** half the schools eligible already said the same thing and have opted out. Duke let their kids go home cause they were emotionally drained according to coach K.

It’s easy to keep piling on but this season has been a mess and these kids stuck it through when they really didn’t have to. Teams quit and players opted out all over the country. We finished 8-2 and up until Saturday it was pretty **** entertaining for a season some weren’t sure we would have.

let’s see if manny makes the staffing changes needed on defense and regroup for 2021. Lock in a potential top 10 class also.
If really think that's what happen, you either don't know football and are just gullible ASF. This team was 8 & 1 and all of a sudden they quit, GTFOH, coach diaz and coach baker we're the main 2 who didn't quit on Saturday tho, they made sure not to quit calling the same d-line techniques. They really thought they were going to rack up a bunch of tfl's by sending the ends up field all game.

3rd and 26, they dialing up the d-line pressure after getting gashed all game trying to get a sack, and they just handed the ball off and picked it up with ease, lol. 4th & 17 don' look so bad after all only because **** got way worst, lol. I've never seen a game where 2 running plays best a team down like that, in the meantime, UNC already had a rack of rushing yards but the 2 morons still got the safeties back deep to try and prevent "the big play". Instead of dropping the safeties down or playing 1 high.

Any d-co asking Carter to come from 15 and 20yrds deep to try and tackle runningbacks with a full head of steam needs to be *** slapped!

UNC and Miami's paths were not very similar.

Here's Miami's timeline of bulls-it, getting f-cked, getting sick, and why they looked out of it on Saturday.

10/31 - UNC loses to UVA, all but eliminating them from Charlotte with 2 ACC losses
11/7 - Notre Dame defeats Clemson because Lawrence had to watch from the sideline.
11/14 - Miami defeats VT
11/21 - Miami vs GT postponed
11/28 - Miami vs Wake postponed
12/1 - ACC changes rules, ND automatically into title game
12/5 - Miami defeats Duke, Clemson def VT, Miami eliminated
12/6 - Miami vs UNC given 3:30 time slot, not primetime as anticipated.
12/8 - CFP rankings released with Miami still behind ISU and UGA, Blades diagnosed with heart condition
12/11 - Miami vs GT cancelled
12/12 - UNC defeats Miami

When UNC lost to UVA they knew they had no shot at winning the ACC and their goals shifted. Notre Dame and then Miami became their Super Bowls and all they had left to practice and play for. They had no ACC or CFP aspirations beginning in November and were playing just to play.

Miami remained alive in the ACC/CFP until the night they beat Duke. They boarded the plane to learn that Clemson eliminated them from the ACCCG that same night. Tuesday they practiced for UNC and that evening learned they were still behind multiple 2-loss teams despite being 8-1, after having watched UGA and ISU move ahead of them in the top 10 while covid crawled up their mother's ***** and started a f-cking campfire the previous 2 weeks.

We were ahead of UNC all year in the standings, and we were the ones who got f-cked when Clemson lost in South Bend, got f-cked when the ACC decided to base the standings on a 9-game conference schedule out of nowhere in December, got jumped in the rankings by multiple 2-loss teams, and who had their final game cancelled 24 hours before playing UNC.

We waited over a month for someone to knock off ND or Clemson, had about 2.5 days to digest being eliminated from ACC contention, and after 2.5 days got kicked in the **** again by the CFP. Mongoloid football fans aren't known for empathy but how would you feel after having endured all of that at 18-20 years old? Would you be able to turn the page immediately and take your anger out on UNC, or would you wallow in pity for a little while? I think our guys had themselves a pity party.

Ask yourselves: had the UNC game been for the right to play in the ACCCG, does anyone think we allow 62 points and 780 yards?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back