Players quit basically Manny said

BeastMode

Junior
In his interview this morning. Said they were emotionally exhausted.

I’m not here to bash the players and staph we got what we got. I think there is some validity to this comment by Diaz.

As someone else posted. Pandemic season, rules, regulations, games cancelled, no love from the media with ranking, ACC giving ND and Clemson no games at end to get them to the ACC championship, Ga Tech quitting etc.... all came to a head on Saturday and we saw it on the field.

Some of the players just quit. I’m sure they don’t even care about the bowl game. **** half the schools eligible already said the same thing and have opted out. Duke let their kids go home cause they were emotionally drained according to coach K.

It’s easy to keep piling on but this season has been a mess and these kids stuck it through when they really didn’t have to. Teams quit and players opted out all over the country. We finished 8-2 and up until Saturday it was pretty **** entertaining for a season some weren’t sure we would have.

let’s see if manny makes the staffing changes needed on defense and regroup for 2021. Lock in a potential top 10 class also.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Was the defensive performance Sat abhorrent? No doubt. But I don’t believe taking into account all the things the team has been through this year is making excuses. It’s reality. We played 10 games when many teams didn’t play half that many and some didn’t play any.

Can understand the players being ****ed about the Irish but with Covid, everyone went through the same thing. There is no excuse for that defensive **** show.

everyone went through it and many other teams also quit. Look at all the other schools with terrible records that are usually good. It’s been a dog fight from week one to field a healthy team. Easy to sit on the internet and bash them. I keep it real and point out the negative all the time but for once we have to give the kids some respect for what they did this year in a year unlike any other we have ever seen.

you think you could get hyped up for 10 games where it’s basically like a practice with no fans in the stadiums?

Advertisement
i don’t disagree with that. Not much value in a bowl this year especially if players are “exhausted” better off just moving into the off season and let them go home and spend the holidays with their family

Chances are most of the guys leaving early will opt out of the bowl game. We need the practice time more than any team out there.

everyone went through it and many other teams also quit. Look at all the other schools with terrible records that are usually good. It’s been a dog fight from week one to field a healthy team. Easy to sit on the internet and bash them. I keep it real and point out the negative all the time but for once we have to give the kids some respect for what they did this year in a year unlike any other we have ever seen.

you think you could get hyped up for 10 games where it’s basically like a practice with no fans in the stadiums?

I get that. A ton of schools quit outright and didn't even play. But 800 yards?

Pride alone should have prevented that.

Advertisement

I’m not here to bash the players and staph we got what we got. I think there is some validity to this comment by Diaz.

As someone else posted. Pandemic season, rules, regulations, games cancelled, no love from the media with ranking, ACC giving ND and Clemson no games at end to get them to the ACC championship, Ga Tech quitting etc.... all came to a head on Saturday and we saw it on the field.

Some of the players just quit. I’m sure they don’t even care about the bowl game. **** half the schools eligible already said the same thing and have opted out. Duke let their kids go home cause they were emotionally drained according to coach K.

It’s easy to keep piling on but this season has been a mess and these kids stuck it through when they really didn’t have to. Teams quit and players opted out all over the country. We finished 8-2 and up until Saturday it was pretty **** entertaining for a season some weren’t sure we would have.

let’s see if manny makes the staffing changes needed on defense and regroup for 2021. Lock in a potential top 10 class also.
Where is any response from our AD James? No surprise there. Both should be canned yesterday.

Some of you don't get it, no good DC is going to come coach under a lame duck HC in Diaz.

Until Miami commits to winning and hires a qualified AD and HC, nothing will change and night's like Saturday will continue. Nights like Saturday night against UNC will not stop just from hiring a new assistant coach or 2.

Diaz is the problem and our unqualified AD is the cancer. Not accepting this fact is being in denial.

I get that. A ton of schools quit outright and didn't even play. But 800 yards?

Pride alone should have prevented that.

I don’t disagree but hard to judge what all is going on behind the scenes.

imagine being an athlete and having to test, quarantine, follow a bunch of rules for 4 straight months just to play games. Some haven’t seen their families, some may have family members who have passed away or are sick and they can’t even leave to go see them. They have been isolated from the world just to get games in. You have to give them some credit. Saturday is over with and the outcome likely gets us a new DC so it’s not all bad. Maybe Baker, Rumph Patke all survive with a win. No there is no way Diaz can keep them

Advertisement

soft

Some of the players just quit.
I disagree wholeheartedly with this notion and I think accepting this as a valid reason for what we saw on saturday is giving the coaches a really easy way out. Not a single player quitted, they just weren't put in a good spot. They are poorly coached and put in impossible positions all the time by our system and some are frankly not good enough to play here.

We had troubling tackling the whole season, our D system has been exposed against good running teams multiple times over the years and our offense has asked King to be perfect to run smoothly all season. Our coaching staff, on both sides of the ball, failed this team saturday and that's the reason we lost, not because our players quitted.

Advertisement
Back