Players quit basically Manny said

Advertisement
so im totally confused.....miami has no team pride? no self respect to play your best at all times? no player accountability? no coaching accountability? none of those things, but now all of a sudden they are mad about ND? ok coRch. What was the excuse for self destructing against clemson again?

That interview was Manny being Manny, talking out of both sides of his mouth. In one sentence he’s talking about the players quitting and the very next he tells us, we recorded 50 players running over 35mph??? Which was it? Maybe the UNC players we’re running that fast

Well duh. Tell me something I DIDN'T know by halftime. F', once might Carolina went up by three TD's in the TKO second-quarter. The game was basically OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But as a sage once mumbles to moi. There's always a silver lining behind a tragedy. Because that Herbie Cornsucker team was shamed, more so than Miami. Chit, Minnesota didn't have THREE starters, and had " 33 full-ride " players on the AWOL list. Also, Minnesota has ONE of the WORST team defenses in Power 5 football. Yet they managed to PUNK the Cornsuckers by DOUBLE-DIGITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lmfao Now that's tresh. Oh. the game wasn't even in the Minnie Apple. lol huh? Go figure.
s

Advertisement
I understand teams like Pitt and BC checking out because this has been a physically, mentally and emotionally draining time for everyone, let alone college athletes and they didn't really have anything to play for. UM had zero excuse to quit because UM was playing for a New Year's Day bowl game and a top ten ranking. If the team quit, then they have no respect for Mandy and he should quit.

In his interview this morning. Said they were emotionally exhausted.

I’m not here to bash the players and staph we got what we got. I think there is some validity to this comment by Diaz.

As someone else posted. Pandemic season, rules, regulations, games cancelled, no love from the media with ranking, ACC giving ND and Clemson no games at end to get them to the ACC championship, Ga Tech quitting etc.... all came to a head on Saturday and we saw it on the field.

Some of the players just quit. I’m sure they don’t even care about the bowl game. **** half the schools eligible already said the same thing and have opted out. Duke let their kids go home cause they were emotionally drained according to coach K.

It’s easy to keep piling on but this season has been a mess and these kids stuck it through when they really didn’t have to. Teams quit and players opted out all over the country. We finished 8-2 and up until Saturday it was pretty **** entertaining for a season some weren’t sure we would have.

let’s see if manny makes the staffing changes needed on defense and regroup for 2021. Lock in a potential top 10 class also.

BE FOR REAL dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Miami isn't going to sign a Top 10 class. Especially after that pathetic, shameful, uninspiring performance this Saturn day past. duh?

Advertisement
yep, that's emblematic of a sh1tty coach.

Honestly, we should opt out of the bowl b/c you'll see another desultory performance.
That would be the sensible thing to do. Especially if the team is deflated by all those outside tangents. In other words, let the program RECHARGE the batteries and start FRESH next winter, and take that into Spring ball and summer drills. Then the team will be ready by August.

I’m not caping for manny at all. Changes need to be made. But it’s not his job to make sure kids are motivated to play the 17th ranked team in the country who beat you last year. I’m sure they were motivated up until they heard the GT game was canceled.. that’s on them..

That's EXACTLY his job.

His job is to be a leader and have a disciplined team that's motivated. So he's failed to do that. If you want to say it's the player's fault exclusively, then he's failed to recruit kids who have the proper mindset to self-motivate.

No matter how you all try to wiggle out of it, it's solely Mannure's job to put a team on the field that doesn't quit. If they do he's failed in one of those two ways, or both.

Advertisement
That interview was Manny being Manny, talking out of both sides of his mouth. In one sentence he’s talking about the players quitting and the very next he tells us, we recorded 50 players running over 35mph??? Which was it? Maybe the UNC players we’re running that fast
Why can't it be both? Many players DID play hard, just not everyone.

Quit for sure. Why? I think it was the Mike Tyson effect. Everybody has has a plan until they get punched in the mouth. NC was Tyson and hit Miami so hard they quit. The defense wanted no part of the NC running backs. A knock out for sure!!
I see you have a sense of logic. With a dash of REALITY thrown in to boot. Go Canes.

Advertisement
everyone went through it and many other teams also quit. Look at all the other schools with terrible records that are usually good. It’s been a dog fight from week one to field a healthy team. Easy to sit on the internet and bash them. I keep it real and point out the negative all the time but for once we have to give the kids some respect for what they did this year in a year unlike any other we have ever seen.

you think you could get hyped up for 10 games where it’s basically like a practice with no fans in the stadiums?
I guess you can give the players respect for beating average teams this year....I guess.

No ******* way do any of them get a pass for that sh*t we watched Saturday.

That's EXACTLY his job.

His job is to be a leader and have a disciplined team that's motivated. So he's entailed to do that. If you want to say it's the player's fault exclusively, then he's failed to recruit kids who have the proper mindset to self-motivate.

No matter how you all try to wiggle out of it, it's solely Mannure's job to put a team on the field that doesn't quit. If they do he's failed in one of those two ways, or both.
I disagree.

Advertisement
Back