Players quit basically Manny said

If anyone on this squad believed that they were going to play in the CFP this season, after going 6-7 with losses to FIU and LATech, I'm they sorry, they are delusional.

Going to a NY6 bowl would have been considered a resounding success. Especially with the way 2020 has gone AND the glaring shortcomings of this team. Plus all the talk of the so-called revenge tour of beating all the teams you lost to in 2019.

What happened Saturday starts with Manny. If he cannot communicate effectively how important it is for the University, the players and him that a win would have been, then it's his failure. Championship quality coaches lead.

The players are not excused either. What we witnessed is due to a lack of accountability and competition within the squad. Players are allowed to make repeated bonehead plays and there aren't any consequences. There is obvious favoritism towards the seniors which shows that either competition is not happening or that even if another player is better, they have to wait there turn. And we're left to watch subpar P5 football played by the football program.

Soft players and soft mentality is prevalent in the program. Players talking ish after giving up big plays.. Pulling on a face mask after the play..
What. The. Actual. ****

Have some pride as a football player, first and foremost. Getting in your feelings cause ish isn't going your way is a beta mentality. And it’s allowed by the HC

I find it, I find it absolutely hysterical when I read fans post as they move the goal post.

Mofos are actually saying, stating, that b/c our “hopes” of playing for the ACCCG were dashed after defeating Duke, there was nothing left to play for; therefore, I can see why they quit. LMAO.

Mofos are AXCTUALALLY saying that playing for a NY6 bowl is meaningless; therefore, I can see why they didn’t buy in. LMAO!!

MOFOS are ASKTUALLY saying that unless u hang up a banner, all these other games are meaningless; therefore, I can see why they didn’t give effort. LMMFAO!

What in thee fck has happened to this fan base? I’m so glad the overwhelming majority still have pride in this program. For all u dolts that don’t understand the meaning of a NY6 bowl game:

1, It gets you paid
2. It looks very good on the resume
3. It gives u a head start in the AP ranking for the following yr, which gives u more room for error if u have an early trip up

A NY6 bowl is everything, u numb nuts. So again, this excuse of players being mentally exhausted & u so-called fans saying there was nothing to play for....go slap urself. U r the reason The Hecht & The Sidelines continue to be OK w/ mediocrity & incompetence. U r just as apart of the problem as the rest of those idiots perpetuating the lies u eat up.

Absolutely disgraceful. I guess the 2000 team didn’t think much of that Sugar Bowl, huh? This fan base be irking my nerves sometimes when I see them cake for **** poor results.

Advertisement
LOL. There's no way he said that!
dos equis facepalm GIF by Dos Equis Gifs to the World

Bro; I’m tempted to find the interview now. There’s no way he could’ve said that. If he did, FIRE HIM NOW, off strength! Lol. So now we got guys running faster than the fastest human on earth, and most land animals....and we got 50 of em??! Lol. I gotta know if he said that chit. Lol.

LOL. There's no way he said that!
dos equis facepalm GIF by Dos Equis Gifs to the World

This **** said the enthusiasm wasn’t there, but when they reviewed GPS data, effort was clear. They had about 8-10 guys run 20.......over 20 mph!

WOW!!!!! I just listened to what he said on The Joe Rose show.

Get this dude away from my program, pls. Pls get him away. If our guys were running over 20 mph, which is hella hard to do, let alone 10 guys doing it, then yes, UNC guys were running as fast a Lions. Smh.

Last edited:
Umm, we've been rebuilding for like 15 years dude.
We're still early in his tenure with talent deficiencies everywhere. That = we're building

The 3-4 doesn't use true LB's at the Outside Linebacker spot. It uses hybrid DE types.

it's that old line: 'we're in the 15th year of a 5 year rebuilding plan."

I get it, this game wasn't the Super Bowl, but good grief, that effort put forth this past weekend was truly alarming on many levels. Anyone that tries to rationalize that stuff is beyond reasoning with in my view

Advertisement
Restrepo treats every game like it's the Super Bowl and the problem is, there aren't more kids like him on this team. And the ones who are like him are likely being **** on by favoritism and poor culture.

The "importance" or magnitude of the game shouldn't matter. You should try to beat the **** out of any opponent in front of you.
These kids are trying to go to the NFL, right? So how is a game versus a top opponent with NFL talent not important? How is a birth to a big-time bowl game not important?
Oh you got **** on by the rankings? So carry a chip on your shoulder into the UNC game and show people that they got yall fvcked up.

I'm not understanding this "game wasn't important to them" logic at all. It's an excuse.
It must've not been important to coaches, cause they **** sure didn't show up either.

as Herm Edwards once said: you... play... to... win....the game...

Yes, emotional letdowns happen, but SAturday was beyond anything

Then we had players still posting highlights from this game (that's another huge issue of culture that exists within this program)

PRIDE is the #1 cause of this fall #1 problem PERIOD.

PASSION has been missed for many years until you love your team you will NEVER stop the selfishness of PRIDE a terrible curse.

PASSION:

Sacrifice
Love
Exalt others FIRST

PRIDE :

All ME
Exalts self FIRST not your teammates

See the difference till we reinstall PASSION we will continue to FALL with PRIDE choking us to death .

Ray Lewis quote before Super Bowl:

FEEL MY PASSION ABSORB MY LOVE .

If we don’t break the this killer PRIDE the fall will continue no matter what.

GO FIND THE LOCKER ROOM VIDEO OF INDIANA COACH SFTER LOSSING TO OHIO STATE .... THAT’S PASSION.

A team cannot win till you exalt your teammates FIRST.

REMEMBER THIS ALWAYS

GOCANES

Passion is taking yourself out of a game because your not right in some way and causing problems.

Pride makes you stay in the game hurting your teammates when you know your not right.

PRIDE a terrible curse for a team, we are INFESTED.

NO DOUBT ABOUT IT EVERY WHERE

GOCANES

Advertisement
Good coaches take responsibility for bad performances. Bad coaches throw their players under the bus and deflect blame.

I find it, I find it absolutely hysterical when I read fans post as they move the goal post.

Mofos are actually saying, stating, that b/c our “hopes” of playing for the ACCCG were dashed after defeating Duke, there was nothing left to play for; therefore, I can see why they quit. LMAO.

Mofos are AXCTUALALLY saying that playing for a NY6 bowl is meaningless; therefore, I can see why they didn’t buy in. LMAO!!

MOFOS are ASKTUALLY saying that unless u hang up a banner, all these other games are meaningless; therefore, I can see why they didn’t give effort. LMMFAO!

What in thee fck has happened to this fan base? I’m so glad the overwhelming majority still have pride in this program. For all u dolts that don’t understand the meaning of a NY6 bowl game:

1, It gets you paid
2. It looks very good on the resume
3. It gives u a head start in the AP ranking for the following yr, which gives u more room for error if u have an early trip up

A NY6 bowl is everything, u numb nuts. So again, this excuse of players being mentally exhausted & u so-called fans saying there was nothing to play for....go slap urself. U r the reason The Hecht & The Sidelines continue to be OK w/ mediocrity & incompetence. U r just as apart of the problem as the rest of those idiots perpetuating the lies u eat up.

Absolutely disgraceful. I guess the 2000 team didn’t think much of that Sugar Bowl, huh? This fan base be irking my nerves sometimes when I see them cake for **** poor results.
LSU is in the the midst of a **** season with players opting out left and right, but they had enough pride to show up at the swamp this weekend and play what was a meaningless game to them.

I feel like the end of the last 3 seasons we've had the same conversations about players quitting and the team "culture". A good hc/staff don't let this happen.

Instead of fake dancing and slide slipping off the field, how about buckling that chinstrap tight, getting on the field and kicking your opponents ***?

Seems much more viable to me.

Advertisement
Who said the player’s didn’t buy in? I want those quotes because that’s what that debacle Saturday looked like.

Players are smart and know when they are being hung out to dry. Goes a long way in explaining why they were so bad from the first snap.
It was Mark Harley Brother. My man @1mg of Epi reminded me. Mike said it in a post game interview.

I may have exaggerated a tad. He said he had multiple players exceed 20 mph.

Brother; Jalen Hurts was just clocked at 15 mph, dusting ppl. The Cheetah has been clocked at 21.9 mph.

U trying to tell me, that Manny is saying we had 8-10 players running faster than Jalen Hurts & just as, if not faster than Tyriq Hill??? Is Manny really trying to say we were running that fast on Saturday? 8-10 guys worthy???

I need him gone, now. Can’t trust this dude.

Brother; Jalen Hurts was just clocked at 15 mph, dusting ppl. The Cheetah has been clocked at 21.9 mph.

U trying to tell me, that Manny is saying we had 8-10 players running faster than Jalen Hurts & just as, if not faster than Tyriq Hill??? Is Manny really trying to say we were running that fast on Saturday? 8-10 guys worthy???

I need him gone, now. Can’t trust this dude.
LOL. He thinks we’re fools. If these kids had Jalen’s heart we’d be alright. He really needs to go, 8-2 is smoke and mirrors

Advertisement
Non-playoff NY6 bowl games are useless.

Penn State, Memphis, Baylor, Virginia played in a NY6 bowl last season.

Our kids don't care about playing in the OB game at Hard Rock with 20% capacity. I promise you.

Remember when Wayne, Moss, etc pledged not to cut their hair until they won a bowl game? That's unheard of in 2020.

For kids today it's all about right now. The "NY6 bowl berth, 10 wins, finish in the top 10, sign a good recruiting class" is stuff we fans care about but clearly didn't move the needle for our kids despite whatever tactics were employed by the coaches to make them believe UNC was some big litmus test and stepping stone to 2021.

Maybe they win a bowl game and exit 2020 with some pride, but playing in the Orange Bowl was not enough to make them care. I mean it could not have been more obvious to anyone watching. They stopped trying in the 2nd quarter.

Non-playoff NY6 bowl games are useless.

Penn State, Memphis, Baylor, Virginia played in a NY6 bowl last season.

Our kids don't care about playing in the OB game at Hard Rock with 20% capacity. I promise you.

Remember when Wayne, Moss, etc pledged not to cut their hair until they won a bowl game? That's unheard of in 2020.

For kids today it's all about right now. The "NY6 bowl berth, 10 wins, finish in the top 10, sign a good recruiting class" is stuff we fans care about but clearly didn't move the needle for our kids despite whatever tactics were employed by the coaches to make them believe UNC was some big litmus test and stepping stone to 2021.

Maybe they win a bowl game and exit 2020 with some pride, but playing in the Orange Bowl was not enough to make them care. I mean it could not have been more obvious to anyone watching. They stopped trying in the 2nd quarter.

You sound silly af. Miami got out coached plain and simple. They made a mockery out of Phillips running up the field play after play. I was laughing on the game day board asking when are they gonna tell Phillips to chill. They ran the same ***** play over and over and Miami couldn't stop it. That's a chitty coach/ coaching staff and that's what you have when you have poor eyes in the press box.

Diaz is lucky Miami's ad is a pos or he wouldn't be here.

PRIDE is the #1 cause of this fall #1 problem PERIOD.

PASSION has been missed for many years until you love your team you will NEVER stop the selfishness of PRIDE a terrible curse.

PASSION:

Sacrifice
Love
Exalt others FIRST

PRIDE :

All ME
Exalts self FIRST not your teammates

See the difference till we reinstall PASSION we will continue to FALL with PRIDE choking us to death .

Ray Lewis quote before Super Bowl:

FEEL MY PASSION ABSORB MY LOVE .

If we don’t break the this killer PRIDE the fall will continue no matter what.

GO FIND THE LOCKER ROOM VIDEO OF INDIANA COACH SFTER LOSSING TO OHIO STATE .... THAT’S PASSION.

A team cannot win till you exalt your teammates FIRST.

REMEMBER THIS ALWAYS

GOCANES
It's all about the ME should be our new slogan.

Advertisement
Back