Players quit basically Manny said

Advertisement
The players set out to win the ACC and make the CFP. Once that was out the window there wasn't much at stake for the players on Saturday aside from pride. It's no excuse for allowing 62 points and 800 yards, but you're fantasizing if you think the players care about playing in the OB, or any other meaningless bowl game. There's a reason none of us can remember or recite the results of last year's non-CFP NY6 bowl games. For them it's about winning the ACC. They were robbed of that opportunity and wallowed in their misery all week and afternoon.
don't buy it, **** you want to play in the NFL you want that crap show on film : NC seemed to have no problem getting up for the OB game: you could buy this theory back in the day when we were playing for NC every year ( except when on probation). Unfortunately these last 19 years we barely even sniff a New Years Day bowl, we've been to every crap bowl game in existence, and now when we have a chance to finally sniff a major bowl game against a quality opponent we say, nah boring. We ain't Alabama to look down on any major bowl: we got our butts handed to us, and our staff was clueless on how to stopped the beat down, and the players knew it .

I don't agree with you in this instance. When are the players going to accept responsibility and take ownership? It's one thing to have a bad game plan, it's another for players to completely stop playing. I'm talking about the front 7 and D Line. What in the world? You got hit in the face early and you quit. Own it!!! You gonna run home to mommy? You wait to hear from all the people in your circle to tell you how great you are and it's not your fault! F that!
Correct, and remember you are putting your effort on film, for the NFL scouts to see

LOL.
What about the Odd front that Venebles employed versus us? I'm okay with that one.
basically its tackling and blocking : schemes help but fundamentals have been and will always be king : What were we gloating about post Duke, that we didn't missed any tackles

Advertisement
If anyone on this squad believed that they were going to play in the CFP this season, after going 6-7 with losses to FIU and LATech, I'm they sorry, they are delusional.

Going to a NY6 bowl would have been considered a resounding success. Especially with the way 2020 has gone AND the glaring shortcomings of this team. Plus all the talk of the so-called revenge tour of beating all the teams you lost to in 2019.

What happened Saturday starts with Manny. If he cannot communicate effectively how important it is for the University, the players and him that a win would have been, then it's his failure. Championship quality coaches lead.

The players are not excused either. What we witnessed is due to a lack of accountability and competition within the squad. Players are allowed to make repeated bonehead plays and there aren't any consequences. There is obvious favoritism towards the seniors which shows that either competition is not happening or that even if another player is better, they have to wait there turn. And we're left to watch subpar P5 football played by the football program.

Soft players and soft mentality is prevalent in the program. Players talking ish after giving up big plays.. Pulling on a face mask after the play..
What. The. Actual. ****

Have some pride as a football player, first and foremost. Getting in your feelings cause ish isn't going your way is a beta mentality. And it’s allowed by the HC
I love the phrase he is starting because he knows the defense, mind you he might not get to where he suppose to be, but he knew where he was suppose to be:

Soft is a word thrown around way too much nowadays, however here it jusy has to be used.

Soft soft soft soft. It starts at the very top and goes all the way down.
College sports today is worry about everything except putting a decent product on the field : Then you got the machines of college football same four or five every year:

That might be the weakest **** I've ever read on this board. Manure has you goofballs convinced we're the only team that had to battle the COVID stuff. UNC went through the same thing and managed to rag doll us for 60 minutes.

We're a gutless sorry *** excuse for a program full of mealy mouthed emo pvssy emotions anguish. What a load of **** and what a sorry laundry list of excuses for a coach to lay the biggest egg in football history.
Looked NC showed up to put a whupping on our asses, and that's what they did. **** they had their 1 string out there while we were running our defense with walk ons. Till today I still haven't heard an explanation from Manny / Blake on what they did to stop the bleeding, what adjustment if any they did, besides send a useless blitz.
The other thing that frustrates me with Manny is you asked him a football question, and he comes back with some analytical answer, if everything is analytical what the **** do we need a head coach for, hire a statician.
This one blew my mind on Monday's Rose show, Manny it seemed the players quit on you, well Joe we had 10 players tie into some speed gadget and they were clocking 20 plus miles during the game, WTF. **** they could be clocking 20 MPH in the wrong direction .

This **** said the enthusiasm wasn’t there, but when they reviewed GPS data, effort was clear. They had about 8-10 guys run 20.......over 20 mph!

WOW!!!!! I just listened to what he said on The Joe Rose show.

Get this dude away from my program, pls. Pls get him away. If our guys were running over 20 mph, which is hella hard to do, let alone 10 guys doing it, then yes, UNC guys were running as fast a Lions. Smh.
yup heard that also : tremendous football response, WTH

Advertisement
It's not that plain or simple. Sure we were out-coached but the players themselves will tell you they laid down by the time it was 21-3, particularly the OL and DL. We don't allow 62 points and 800 yards unless people stop trying.

I mean, do we really think the players were in the locker room pre-game, hyping each other up with stuff like, "dog, if we win today we get to play in a bowl game with no stakes 20 miles from campus in an empty stadium! Let's get fired up and finish in the top 10!! Let's do it so we can sign a great recruiting class!!! And let's go into next season with super awesome momentum!!!

Stop. Fans care about all of that. If the players felt the OB was worth fighting for they would have fought for it.
well can the players tell me exactly when they lay down, so i can get a prorated refund on the $ i spent on my tickets :

well can the players tell me exactly when they lay down, so i can get a prorated refund on the $ i spent on my tickets :

Two questions:

- How old are you?

- Have you led large groups of 18 - 24 year olds in the past 20 years or so?

Rellyrel is one of the best posters here, but in this instance, I agree with rok; the players are demoralized, all their efforts to stay healthy and in contention were crushed by outside forces, led by money grubbing old Swofford and the rest of his Tobaooc Road a$$#0les...AND THE PLAYERS KNOW IT.

Heck, you even said the following:

"we got our butts handed to us, and our staff was clueless on how to stopped the beat down, and the players knew it."

So if you ascribe to the players knowledge about staff ineptitude, how can you then say the players are ignorant to all the outside ******** they were getting from the ACC, Jeff the Glasses Wearing Redneck Ref, and the CFP, as rok pointed out? Do you know anything about leading large groups of young people, especially in this age of smart phones and social media? They figure stuff out REAL QUICK and act accordingly, especially when that NFL dream may be in danger from Myocarditis. Sorry, no bowl game outweighs that dream.

Two questions:

- How old are you?

Rellyrel is one of the best posters here, but in this instance, I agree with rok; the players are demoralized, all their efforts to stay healthy and in contention were crushed by outside forces, led by money grubbing old Swofford and the rest of his Tobaooc Road a$$#0les...AND THE PLAYERS KNOW IT.

"we got our butts handed to us, and our staff was clueless on how to stopped the beat down, and the players knew it."

So if you ascribe to the players knowledge about staff ineptitude, how can you then say the players are ignorant to all the outside ******** they were getting from the ACC, Jeff the Glasses Wearing Redneck Ref, and the CFP, as rok pointed out? Do you know anything about leading large groups of young people, especially in this age of smart phones and social media? They figure stuff out REAL QUICK and act accordingly, especially when that NFL dream may be in danger from Myocarditis. Sorry, no bowl game outweighs that dream.

Let me ask u;

Did the players look demoralized prior to the opening kick off or on that 1st drive?

Let me ask u;

Did the players look demoralized prior to the opening kick off or on that 1st drive?

Prefacing this with the fact I wasn't at the game, I would say, as I stated before, once they saw Swofford's hatchett man, Jeff, the glasses wearing redneck ref showed himself, they (players) knew all the ACC's machinations to eliminate them and have Swofford's parting gift be his Beloved Tar heels in a NY6 Bowl Game (something that matters to him) was in place. Do they realize the whole Swofford sucking off (ND AD) Swarbrick for $$$ when COVID showed up and Swofford wanting something in return? No, not at the detail level, but plenty of influencers and people they trust surely filled them in on the ACC ******** them and any ra ra crap Manny said sure went in one ear and out the other.

The big deal was the Myocarditis. Not many reports of that this year and it was the big bugaboo in the B1G not playing at first. Sorry, when Mom and Grandma start asking you about it and friends are telling you not to blow your NFL chances getting it, you take notice. Again, Manny blew it off instead of COVIDing out to protect them...Would I want to go 100% for him when he does what the ACC tells him what to do and he doesn't care about me or my teammate? NO WAY!

Advertisement
Prefacing this with the fact I wasn't at the game, I would say, as I stated before, once they saw Swofford's hatchett man, Jeff, the glasses wearing redneck ref showed himself, they (players) knew all the ACC's machinations to eliminate them and have Swofford's parting gift be his Beloved Tar heels in a NY6 Bowl Game (something that matters to him) was in place. Do they realize the whole Swofford sucking off (ND AD) Swarbrick for $$$ when COVID showed up and Swofford wanting something in return? No, not at the detail level, but plenty of influencers and people they trust surely filled them in on the ACC ******** them and any ra ra crap Manny said sure went in one ear and out the other.

The big deal was the Myocarditis. Not many reports of that this year and it was the big bugaboo in the B1G not playing at first. Sorry, when Mom and Grandma start asking you about it and friends are telling you not to blow your NFL chances getting it, you take notice. Again, Manny blew it off instead of COVIDing out to protect them...Would I want to go 100% for him when he does what the ACC tells him what to do and he doesn't care about me or my teammate? NO WAY!

Bro; u just made some TMZ accusations & assumptions. Lol.

How bout this; the kids gave up after UNC kept punching them in the gut. The refs had chit to do w that performance. Lol.

Bro; u just made some TMZ accusations & assumptions. Lol.

How bout this; the kids gave up after UNC kept punching them in the gut. The refs had chit to do w that performance. Lol.
As always, I respect your opinion, but disagree. I think Manny corectly read the team afterwards (thinking some captains or other players confided in him after the game) but fault him for not making the calculations rok has detailed PRIOR to the game. The one two punch of the ACC' actions and Blades' diagnose put both "We can't win no matter what we do ON THE FIELD" and "I fear for my future and life" in their heads.

I'm not saying it is the way they should have felt, but just because I don't like the narrative means I can dismiss it.

Advertisement
The biggest issue is the head coach NOT taking responsibility for a failed scheme and game plan. Mack Brown exploited all the weaknesses of Manny's agressive defense. The DEs rush upfied and don't set an edge which gives the RB a 2-way go of cutting inside or outide leaving the starting LBs on an island where they can't make the play. UNC exploited the Diaz defense with 3 running plays for which Baker and Diaz never adjusted.

Blaming the players as I did is giving the HC and DC a pass instead of holding them both fully accountable for the scheme, game plan, and product on the field.

This game is on Diaz. His hire of Baker is awful, his hire of Lashlee is ok, not great but ok. The rest of the assistant coaches leave a lot to be desired as well. Schematically, his defense plays only one way, and therefore can easily be exploited.

Two questions:

- How old are you?

nah, you have to show them you walk it like you talk it. That's all. Have some integrity and not be a hypocrite. Show them you really care about them and won't sell them out for anyone; not even your unqualified protege. Not saying that's the end--all, but that's where it starts.

Two questions:

- How old are you?

Old enough to smell out excuses : if the players didn't want to play, op out : lots of players wanted to play and went out an play: Outside wanting to ***** the U, you new to the party, we have always dealt with outside forces trying to put this program in its place : When we beat FSU, and they still went to the OB to play Oklahoma, bad officiating calls historically, except those teams went out and enjoyed the us against the world enviroment we played in, and still went out an kick butt. Large group of young people and social media figure out what. IF we don't play this year Jaelen Phillips doesn't become a number 1 pick, and stands to make millions, and like him there are many more. Let me asked you a question on Blades he should be backed, what happened to Malek Young, Ahmad Richards, Devonte Williams, etc. those are medical conditions that had to do with what :

Advertisement
Back