Players quit basically Manny said

this is good stuff right here.

i've said this before, and i will say it again: the players don't have to love you. ****, they don't have to even like you all that much.

HOWEVER, they must absolutely know two things, deep down, in the bottom of their gut:

1) they will learn from you because they respect your knowledge, and
2) they are afraid of you.

we loved coach cozza. he was (and is) a legend at Yale and no finer human being ever walked a sideline. everyone loved him and trusted him like you do your favorite uncle.

But we also all knew that you didn't cross the man in the way he wanted things done. EVER. 24/7. on the practice field. in a game. in a classroom. during summer break. didn't matter. god help you if you weren't following his way. you were more worried about coach than you were about your friends, your professors, the cops, ****, even your own parents,

i'm not seeing any of that in the culture of this team.
While I agree with this wholeheartedly. You can't do that anymore...you get called a racist, bigot, homophobe, and/or toxic. Society has ****ed it all up.

Advertisement
Was the defensive performance Sat abhorrent? No doubt. But I don’t believe taking into account all the things the team has been through this year is making excuses. It’s reality. We played 10 games when many teams didn’t play half that many and some didn’t play any.
Every other team went through the same ****. UNC didn't pansy *** out so we can't use that as an excuse. It is weak.

What a joke. Emotionally exhausted after a full week off from all team activities, then just a week of practice and a glorified scrimmage against Duke? My god it was senior day with a NY6 Bowl on the line, against a team you choked against last year.

These kids have no pride and apparently neither do any of the babysitters on the sidelines who call themselves coaches.
Totally agree. The posters here giving cover to the players saying it was a challenging season or COVID reasons are just making bs excuses. UNC had to deal with these issues and showed up on Saturday.

Every other team went through the same ****. UNC didn't pansy *** out so we can't use that as an excuse. It is weak.
Every other team did not go through what Miami did. There are several others that played 10 games but 2 entire conferences didn’t even start until last month and have only played 4 or 5 games.

Advertisement
This obviously wasn't important to the team or they would not have folded so easily. All year long the goal was to make the ACCCG, which would have happened if not for the ACC doing it all it could to ensure that it did not. It was bad enough when they allowed ND in, and worse when they changed the rules mid-season to make extra sure that Miami could not derail both Clemson and ND ending up in the CFP. We're Miami fans so we're accustomed to this but it's all new for the players. We saw how they handled it.
They lost to Clemson. End of story. They didn’t earn the right to play in the acccg. If that caused them to not care about a top 10 ranking and NY6 bowl game then we need new coaches along with a roster full of new players. If what u say is true than the entire football operation needs to shut down for a year and be built back from scratch.

I can’t remember who
Posted it on here man. Someone did in one of the threads, I wish I could remember who and what thread. But what he posted came out of players mouths.
Wasn’t that Harley? Pretty sure he said it in post game interview.

I'm seeing some bullsh!t excuses in here.
Okay, so the kids quit.

You know what kind of players quit?
ONES WHO DON'T BELIEVE IN THEIR COACHES AND SYSTEM!

Ones who play for a short, lispy, nice guy who coddles them and doesn't hold them accountable for anything. (which includes **** poor effort, stupid penalties, drug use and not showing up to practice)

The inmates run the asylum at Miami. It's amateur hour down there and I've been telling yall this for at least a year.
You can't have a bunch of fvckin' nice guys coaching the one side of the ball that requires savagery.

Good leaders (bosses, coaches, etc) are respected, loved and admired...and they get the best out of their players/employees. You don't just quit on somebody you love and respect. That goes from the HC all the way down to the position coaches. The players spend hours upon hours with their coaches and they start to take on their demeanor and personality. If you're a softy who lacks any intensity, then guess what.

There's a fine science to being feared, loved and respected at the same **** time. The good leaders have the ability to do this. And if your HC doesn't have the ability to do ALL of these things, you better have other guys on your staff who can. Good coaching staffs are full of "good cops/bad cops".

Jimmy and Butch had REAL MF'ing THUGS on their teams and were still able to gain their fear, love and respect. We don't even have MF'ers like that on this team. Our biggest "goons" on the this team are a fat kid from Weston with pullout golds in his mouth, a stiff DB who only hits people who can't see him coming, and 2 yellow kids from Cali, one of which wears a fvckin' perm!
Bunch of fvckin' paper tigers and hype men, just like GUESS WHO?

GIF by Desus & Mero
The kids quit. We know it’s true... we saw it! But why? They had a top 10 ranking and a orange bowl on the line... they could’ve had a top 5 finish w just two wins. Why the Fvck would they quit w all that to play for?

I feel like there’s more to it than they just quit.

In his interview this morning. Said they were emotionally exhausted.

I’m not here to bash the players and staph we got what we got. I think there is some validity to this comment by Diaz.

As someone else posted. Pandemic season, rules, regulations, games cancelled, no love from the media with ranking, ACC giving ND and Clemson no games at end to get them to the ACC championship, Ga Tech quitting etc.... all came to a head on Saturday and we saw it on the field.

Some of the players just quit. I’m sure they don’t even care about the bowl game. **** half the schools eligible already said the same thing and have opted out. Duke let their kids go home cause they were emotionally drained according to coach K.

It’s easy to keep piling on but this season has been a mess and these kids stuck it through when they really didn’t have to. Teams quit and players opted out all over the country. We finished 8-2 and up until Saturday it was pretty **** entertaining for a season some weren’t sure we would have.

let’s see if manny makes the staffing changes needed on defense and regroup for 2021. Lock in a potential top 10 class also.
That might be the weakest **** I've ever read on this board. Manure has you goofballs convinced we're the only team that had to battle the COVID stuff. UNC went through the same thing and managed to rag doll us for 60 minutes.

We're a gutless sorry *** excuse for a program full of mealy mouthed emo pvssy emotions anguish. What a load of **** and what a sorry laundry list of excuses for a coach to lay the biggest egg in football history.

Advertisement
The old-school Canes teams would have come out with a chip on their shoulder and destroyed UNC. No way would they have sulked and pouted. They would have sent a huge message to the rest of CFB.

As I said today in a couple of other threads, it all starts at the very top.

There is a disease that has infected our entire athletics department for many years. Until the head of this parasite is cut off, and competent professionals are put in charge, the U will never be back.

Flake James and Manolo are just beta males that answer to the ultra-feminist hag (Strawley), and the BoT.

Last edited:
This wasn't a rebuilding year. We won't have rebuilding years with Manny. He'll plug whatever holes he sees and go for it. This team believed they'd win, or at least play for the ACC title when the year began, and for a while it looked like it was going to happen....and then Trevor Lawrence got Covid.
Umm, we've been rebuilding for like 15 years dude.
We're still early in his tenure with talent deficiencies everywhere. That = we're building

Miami doesn't even have 2 capable LBs. I shudder at the thought of having to put 4 on the field at the same time.

At that point, it's smarter to just onside kick after every TD. Better chance of getting the ball back than letting the D go onto the field.

The 3-4 doesn't use true LB's at the Outside Linebacker spot. It uses hybrid DE types.

This obviously wasn't important to the team or they would not have folded so easily. All year long the goal was to make the ACCCG, which would have happened if not for the ACC doing it all it could to ensure that it did not. It was bad enough when they allowed ND in, and worse when they changed the rules mid-season to make extra sure that Miami could not derail both Clemson and ND ending up in the CFP. We're Miami fans so we're accustomed to this but it's all new for the players. We saw how they handled it.
Why would something like that NOT be important to our entire program? lol

If it's not, then we better get EVERYBODY the fvck out of Hecht ASAP.

Advertisement
That interview was Manny being Manny, talking out of both sides of his mouth. In one sentence he’s talking about the players quitting and the very next he tells us, we recorded 50 players running over 35mph??? Which was it? Maybe the UNC players we’re running that fast

Bro; did he really say we had 50 players running 35 mph??

Umm, we've been rebuilding for like 15 years dude.
We're still early in his tenure with talent deficiencies everywhere. That = we're building

The 3-4 doesn't use true LB's at the Outside Linebacker spot. It uses hybrid DE types.
Problem with the 3 - 4 is that they don’t make those huge NTs or jumbo ILBs in South Florida that the scheme needs

Advertisement
Problem with the 3 - 4 is that they don’t make those huge NTs or jumbo ILBs in South Florida that the scheme needs
That's an old myth from the days of offenses running the I-formation.
If you're employing a 1-gap 3-4 your LB's don't have to be any bigger than 4-3 LB's. (a 1-gap 3-4 is basically a 4-3 post-snap)

And your nose doesn't have to be any bigger than a 4-3 1-technique.

Advertisement
Back