Players maturing

Status
Not open for further replies.
My question is why does it take these players this long to realize they need to start doing this?

Fair question but maybe the answer is that they're still kids. We do not all mature at the same rate. And the world has far more people that have failed to reach their potential than those that have matched it. I remember how immature I was at that age. That doesn't mean my experience is that of everyone else.

In any event, glad to see LT had the maturity to seek a sit down. It appears he has bought in.

Advertisement
Appreciate you all answering my question. Just wanted to hear people’s input. Hopefully Mario brings in portal and high school guys who want to do everything they can to be successful as a player. Extra practice reps, watching more film, meetings with coaches or support staff, etc. Anything to make themselves and the team better.

I don’t see too many kids just leaving on their own… I think it’s 🧢

Advertisement
I’ve seen a few recently about players meeting with coaches, doing more film study on their own etc… this is what most of the board can’t wrap their heads around. Yes we have talent but they’ve never been coached by a quality staff before. Their preparation on and off the field was awful. It has shown on Saturdays for most of this season.

Glad Taylor is manning up and ready to take the next step. Also Stevenson admitted today he had to look at himself and do better with film study and preparation which he started a couple weeks back.

These are the things that take a program from middle of the pack to the top. Need this across the board but there are a lot of bad eggs in the basket right now.

Lots of kids will leave after this year and it’s probably a good thing. This is the culture part that Miami has lacked for so long. We are starting to see more buyin on the current roster and hopefully these new classes/portal will be ready from day 1 to do the right things.

We need a monster game from Taylor on Saturday

View attachment 213518
It would be nice if they would leave him on the **** field, he makes a play on first down and they take him out!

Advertisement
This type of stuff doesn't matter. We hear it every few years. What matters is the quality of the players and the head coach. We have one of the worst coaches of the country and mid to low tier ACC players. The issue isn't "work" or film study it's that pretty much nobody on the team has any idea what they are doing and they aren't really any good at it anyway.

This type of stuff doesn't matter. We hear it every few years. What matters is the quality of the players and the head coach. We have one of the worst coaches of the country and mid to low tier ACC players. The issue isn't "work" or film study it's that pretty much nobody on the team has any idea what they are doing and they aren't really any good at it anyway.

The biggest issue in this program has been development, plain and simple. If you can’t develop kids it doesn’t matter what your blue chip ratio is. The only counter to that is hoping for all five stars , which in most cases coaches can’t ***** that up.

People say we have no talent but that makes no sense, no program has one hundred four stars be busts lol. Coaching and developing talent will always matter.
“ Red” : Recruiting , evaluating and development.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The biggest issue in this program has been development, plain and simple. If you can’t develop kids it doesn’t matter what your blue chip region. The only counter to that is hoping for all five stars , which in most cases coaches can’t ***** that up.

People say we have no talent but that makes no sense, no program has one hundred four stars be busts lol. Coaching and developing talent will always matter.
“ Red” : Recruiting , evaluating and development.

You’re 100% correct.

That’s why it still baffles me that Mario got hoodwinked by Gattis. Gattis is a byproduct of his environment…. His teams and players don’t get better because of him….

Gattis has proven he has great intuition when to hop to the next job. Aside from that, and being at Bama with Mario, and that stupid @ss award last year, what did Mario see from a tangible in field development standpoint

I’ve seen a few recently about players meeting with coaches, doing more film study on their own etc… this is what most of the board can’t wrap their heads around. Yes we have talent but they’ve never been coached by a quality staff before. Their preparation on and off the field was awful. It has shown on Saturdays for most of this season.

Glad Taylor is manning up and ready to take the next step. Also Stevenson admitted today he had to look at himself and do better with film study and preparation which he started a couple weeks back.

These are the things that take a program from middle of the pack to the top. Need this across the board but there are a lot of bad eggs in the basket right now.

Lots of kids will leave after this year and it’s probably a good thing. This is the culture part that Miami has lacked for so long. We are starting to see more buyin on the current roster and hopefully these new classes/portal will be ready from day 1 to do the right things.

We need a monster game from Taylor on Saturday

View attachment 213518
Can someone summarize the article?

It would be nice if they would leave him on the **** field, he makes a play on first down and they take him out!

Agreed I’m curious about that rotation as well. I understand keeping guys fresh but nfl players never rotate really cause they can’t with 53 man rosters so why is it necessary for college kids to rotate so much? I’ve never understood that.

He also needs to strap his helmet tighter so he doesn’t have to keep coming out because of that haha.

Advertisement
Zero player leadership to hold each other accountable to be Great. Coaches can only do so much. They can’t be with them all day every day holding their hand. You got to learn to eat right, sleep, not party all the time, take it seriously, study film etc… on your own. Coaches can guide a player but it’s still on the player to take ownership of those things.

The best teams are led by the players not the coaches. Saban talks about it in his book how he basically takes is alphas and molds them to be Minnie sabans and then those guys are enforcers when Saban and coaches aren’t around.

Not sure our “top” players have been leaders for a very long time. Soft, weak *** corches like manny had a circus on his hands. Mario will fix this but it takes time
People don’t understand that the coaches can’t be there to hold every player’s hand 24/7. They are literally limited by the NCAA as to how many hours per week they can be around players. The players have to take some accountability when it comes to handling their business off the field. The guys who take that responsibility tend to have better results. The guys who need someone to do everything for them eventually fail. It only gets tougher. NFL coaches aren’t going to holding their hands, making sure they do everything they need to do.

Can someone summarize the article?

This is from the herald. It comes down to learning how to actually be a top athlete on and off the field. This is what I’m saying. These kids have had zero leadership and guidance previous to this or just didn’t want to before. There is levels to this and we are levels behind. It will take this staff time. Remember Mario “knows what it looks like”

DF787C22-8463-4F04-9B16-982362E80F82.jpeg

Attachments

• 2B46FE34-E979-4008-ABE5-20B811B1604D.jpeg
    2B46FE34-E979-4008-ABE5-20B811B1604D.jpeg
    178.6 KB · Views: 28
This is from the herald. It comes down to learning how to actually be a top athlete on and off the field. This is what I’m saying. These kids have had zero leadership and guidance previous to this or just didn’t want to before. There is levels to this and we are levels behind. It will take this staff time. Remember Mario “knows what it looks like”

View attachment 213595

13F928E7-0B2C-4772-B4BB-6717C395C28C.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back