Players maturing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Biggest thing I saw when coaching college baseball the last few years. The majority of kids do what they are told. Sure some are lazy. But give them a list of what to do, instruct them...they are fine. But thats what everyone is doing. You need guys to do more if you want to separate yourself. You cant just rely on your skill or athleticism like you did in high school any longer. Extra reps, more film, extra time in the recovery room, more sleep, eating right. Bigger, stronger, faster, smarter, etc etc. And it never stops. You have to keep moving forward because someone else is catching you, outworking you, or better then you to begin with. And they are recruiting someone to take your place if you dont do work. Thats going on both on your team and teams you face. I saw this at the D2/D3/NAIA baseball level. Imagine now a multi billion dollar business with some of the worlds best athletes.

No we shouldnt have lost several of the games we did and yes the coaches and the players are all at fault at different times. But culture and Maturity are going to help us get better but just as important it will keep us at the top once there. Going back to the player led teams comments (which is a coaches dream) when they can just create a practice plan and not have to worry about kids dogging it, drinking before a game, etc. It makes everything so much more productive. Its still going to happen. They are kids. But the frequency or the repeat offenders will be much different.

My question is why does it take these players this long to realize they need to start doing this?

Because they're teenagers and kids who are in college specifically to learn lessons like this.

For them it's the football field, for other kids it's getting their grades up or taking the academics part more seriously, after partying too hard and skipping classes as freshman.

The shame is the ones who won't learn their lessons until it's too late; until they transfer out, flunk out or **** away a golden opportunity.

Glad to see #56 getting it (and having good parental support) and only hope more kids follow his lead before they pass a point of no return.

Biggest thing I saw when coaching college baseball the last few years. The majority of kids do what they are told. Sure some are lazy. But give them a list of what to do, instruct them...they are fine. But thats what everyone is doing. You need guys to do more if you want to separate yourself. You cant just rely on your skill or athleticism like you did in high school any longer. Extra reps, more film, extra time in the recovery room, more sleep, eating right. Bigger, stronger, faster, smarter, etc etc. And it never stops. You have to keep moving forward because someone else is catching you, outworking you, or better then you to begin with. And they are recruiting someone to take your place if you dont do work. Thats going on both on your team and teams you face. I saw this at the D2/D3/NAIA baseball level. Imagine now a multi billion dollar business with some of the worlds best athletes.

No we shouldnt have lost several of the games we did and yes the coaches and the players are all at fault at different times. But culture and Maturity are going to help us get better but just as important it will keep us at the top once there. Going back to the player led teams comments (which is a coaches dream) when they can just create a practice plan and not have to worry about kids dogging it, drinking before a game, etc. It makes everything so much more productive. Its still going to happen. They are kids. But the frequency or the repeat offenders will be much different.

Everyone needs to read this and absorb it. Yes 100000%. All of it.

Advertisement
The biggest issue in this program has been development, plain and simple. If you can’t develop kids it doesn’t matter what your blue chip ratio is. The only counter to that is hoping for all five stars , which in most cases coaches can’t ***** that up.

People say we have no talent but that makes no sense, no program has one hundred four stars be busts lol. Coaching and developing talent will always matter.
“ Red” : Recruiting , evaluating and development.
the entire blue chip ratio conversation is silly when you really look at the context of it. Yes, we've recruited a good amount of blue chippers, but they've been Lorenzo Lingard, Mark Pope, Chaney, Jeremiah Payton, Christian Williams, Jarren Williams, Hightower, Gurvan Hall....

Player and character evaluation is critical. And I trust that Mario there

I remember Nesta said his teammates didn’t really want to play football and it was 1 of the main reasons why he left Miami. They were mostly all about playing around.
That’s ironic lol transferring to that dumpster fire of asu tells you all you need to know

The fact that Mario has to have "sit downs" with our 5-star player and his mommy just shows what kind of pathetic state this program is in.
And this is just the **** that makes the paper.
There's even more crap going on behind the scenes.

This dude Manny left us with no talent, no balls, no work ethic, no accountability and no character. The culture within the program was a complete **** show.

The fact that Mario has to have "sit downs" with our 5-star player and his mommy just shows what kind of pathetic state this program is in.
And this is just the **** that makes the paper.
There's even more crap going on behind the scenes.

This dude Manny left us with no talent, no balls, no work ethic, no accountability and no character. The culture within the program was a complete **** show.
It's like me and you talked about Friday. It's hard to even focus on scheme etc when you have to teach them what it means to be a football player.

Advertisement
It's like me and you talked about Friday. It's hard to even focus on scheme etc when you have to teach them what it means to be a football player.
Exactly!

Gotta address completely different issues before you can even concentrate on schematics.

Basically more of the same type of narrative here...

WHY?!
THE?!
****?!
Is this even a thing?!

Why the fvck do we have "elite" highly ranked contributors talking about finally taking football seriously?!
(by the way, these aren't our only stars who take football as a joke. there's more)

This is why I'm trying to tell people that this **** is gonna take (1) time and (2) a purge.
This roster is full of cancer.

Man , I harped on this from day one that we are not putting in the work , it shows in every aspect of our game.

Boy , I was attacked I also mentioned it will all come out . Now we’re trying to make up for lost ground, since most of the team doesn’t know how to training this still isn’t a quick fix.

I mentioned that you win your games before you play , X and Parrish type players know this the mature young adults.

To catch up with your competitors will be a lonely road it’s probably to late remember these are still kids not young adults they’ve never heard NO before and have been enabled all there lives because there fast and just better TILL they run up against the big boys and they crash .

To wake up in the middle of the season they may not have the intestinal fortitude to train hard .

GOCANES

Advertisement
A thread was started a while ago about a former player at alabama (amari cooper?) visiting practice and seeing an incoming freshman acting a fool, then approached him and said "We don't do that here" and coached him up a bit. Now contrast that with our older players, supposed leaders on the team, seeing X come in as a freshman putting in extra work, then they approach him and say "We don't do that here" and dog him for it.
Any player who discouraged or made fun of someone putting in extra work should be benched for the rest of the season at minimum, and at maximum have their scholarship converted to a non-football type.

Advertisement
The biggest issue in this program has been development, plain and simple. If you can’t develop kids it doesn’t matter what your blue chip ratio is. The only counter to that is hoping for all five stars , which in most cases coaches can’t ***** that up.

People say we have no talent but that makes no sense, no program has one hundred four stars be busts lol. Coaching and developing talent will always matter.
“ Red” : Recruiting , evaluating and development.
I remember reading on Canespace in 2010 that a NFL scout said that Miami had the worst coached roster in CFB. Player development has been an issue for while - I remember the vaunted 2008 class looking more impressive in 2008 than they did in 2010.

the entire blue chip ratio conversation is silly when you really look at the context of it. Yes, we've recruited a good amount of blue chippers, but they've been Lorenzo Lingard, Mark Pope, Chaney, Jeremiah Payton, Christian Williams, Jarren Williams, Hightower, Gurvan Hall....

Player and character evaluation is critical. And I trust that Mario there

Yup, yet so many act like these upperclassmen didn't just spend three years under Manny Diaz and his broken culture; no repercussions for actions, soft beta who wanted to be liked / afraid his best players would bail if he cracked down on them. letting J-Williams start against FIU after missing curfew, etc.

Mario and staff might be able to save some of these kids, but there are a lot that are too far gone—not ready to roll up their sleeves to work and lay a foundation as their days at Miami are almost done and they've just spent two to three years mailing it in.

I remember reading on Canespace in 2010 that a NFL scout said that Miami had the worst coached roster in CFB. Player development has been an issue for while - I remember the vaunted 2008 class looking more impressive in 2008 than they did in 2010.

That "vaunted" class also showed Randy knew zero about building depth and recruiting for position needs; took something like eight wide receivers in that class and like one linebacker and one average quarterback behind J-12.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back